Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

  1. #1

    Default If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Prices are going up up up .. so much so that they have to talk about it in the Parliament. The BIG question behind all bread-winners' minds is "Are we into recession?"

    So if it does, what will you cut back / give up? Will you sell more spare cameras? Will you stop upgrading?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adriantanhc View Post
    Prices are going up up up .. so much so that they have to talk about it in the Parliament. The BIG question behind all bread-winners' minds is "Are we into recession?"

    So if it does, what will you cut back / give up? Will you sell more spare cameras? Will you stop upgrading?
    i will hoot those ppl dying to throw their cameras...

    i mean hoot their cameras...

    but then again... sekali is i dio how?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Please throw the cameras. (I will be hop-ping them below). ;-p
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  4. #4
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Goodness ! When recession comes, only those in govt sector and steady industries most happy

    Hoot shares, hoot property, hoot cameras !!!!!
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    If Recession hits, what will you let go?
    Most of my skirts.

  6. #6
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Most of my skirts.
    Are they branded stuff ????
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  7. #7

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    The forecast for our growth for next year is down by 50% compared to this year. Lots of daily commodities are increased in the range of 20% - 35% if you do marketing. For those who hoot ppty at the recent high in the past year or so, wait till fixed mortgage rates change to floating rates in 2 - 3 years' time. It's no joking matter to most of us.

    If you are driving, will you give up your car?

    If you frequent pubs, will you drink coffee instead?

    Will you start buying TOTO?

    Will you terminate your kids' private tuition?

    Hmmm.. this is not the official household expenditure survey!!

  8. #8

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Will the super-rich be affected by the recession? .... i mean those super rich who have been making news for the past 2 years ... buying million dollars apartments ...
    always the Light, .... always.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Of course they will be AFFECTED! What a good time to buy all those stuffs!
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    when recession comes... there will be a lot of " WTS " threads in marketplace..

    if current situation worsen in USA... it could be early next year.

    There will be inflation, u will find daily stuff in life very costy.

    Companies will downside their staff strength to cut cost, business will close down or stream down due to poor sales..
    Last edited by raincool2005; 13th November 2007 at 12:49 PM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Will the super-rich be affected by the recession? .... i mean those super rich who have been making news for the past 2 years ... buying million dollars apartments ...
    They will love the recession. It's the time for them to grab good bargains as there will be lots of people selling off things cheap in order to survive. Business that turn belly up will have to do clearance sales, this is when the rich will move in to buy things at bargain prices to resell later for high profits when economy picks up. Things I dont mean one or two cameras. I am talking of entire buildings, equipment worth millions, luxury cars etc.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    They will love the recession. It's the time for them to grab good bargains as there will be lots of people selling off things cheap in order to survive. Business that turn belly up will have to do clearance sales, this is when the rich will move in to buy things at bargain prices to resell later for high profits when economy picks up. Things I dont mean one or two cameras. I am talking of entire buildings, equipment worth millions, luxury cars etc.
    yup... when times are good it is time to save more and spend less.

    when times are bad, it is a time to buy on bargains..

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    They will love the recession. It's the time for them to grab good bargains as there will be lots of people selling off things cheap in order to survive. Business that turn belly up will have to do clearance sales, this is when the rich will move in to buy things at bargain prices to resell later for high profits when economy picks up. Things I dont mean one or two cameras. I am talking of entire buildings, equipment worth millions, luxury cars etc.
    it depends... some business people are running on credit, loans... so when it comes.. they go for chapter 11.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    eat less... one good excuse to lose weight

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    girlfriend is quite costly to maintain.

    for sure to let her go if recession hit.

  16. #16
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post
    girlfriend is quite costly to maintain.

    for sure to let her go if recession hit.
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post
    girlfriend is quite costly to maintain.

    for sure to let her go if recession hit.
    nowadays it is getting harder and harder to find a faithful partner. pretty gals got money can liao.. but a good faithful one is hard to come by.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    nowadays it is getting harder and harder to find a faithful partner. pretty gals got money can liao.. but a good faithful one is hard to come by.
    Then during recession, at least it provide us the opportunity to see the “true face” of your partner.

    患 难 见 真 情.

  19. #19

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    when recession comes... there will be a lot of " WTS " threads in marketplace..

    if current situation worsen in USA... it could be early next year.

    There will be inflation, u will find daily stuff in life very costy.

    Companies will downside their staff strength to cut cost, business will close down or stream down due to poor sales..
    I think we are technically into inflation already. If i remember correctly, recession is when a country has negative growth for a consecutive two quarters.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: If Recession hits, what will you let go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adriantanhc View Post
    The forecast for our growth for next year is down by 50% compared to this year. Lots of daily commodities are increased in the range of 20% - 35% if you do marketing. For those who hoot ppty at the recent high in the past year or so, wait till fixed mortgage rates change to floating rates in 2 - 3 years' time. It's no joking matter to most of us.

    If you are driving, will you give up your car?

    If you frequent pubs, will you drink coffee instead?

    Will you start buying TOTO?

    Will you terminate your kids' private tuition?

    Hmmm.. this is not the official household expenditure survey!!
    Hmmmmmm, since I don't do all of the above, I already am prepared fully for any recession! All my skirts are used ones from Sion......

    HS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •