Thread: DIY lightsphere

Default DIY lightsphere

Lost my precious LS 2, so no choice and dun wann waste the $$$$ to buy another LS, so I DIY a cheapo one..

Default Re: DIY lightsphere

The new LS with 4 pcs of diffusers aka papers

with 2 pcs of diffusers aka papers

without the paper

the mickey mouse was taken with sigma 70-200mm f2.8, iso 200, at 70 mm ,handheld.

Welcome all C n C...

good job!! looks quite attractive!

Quote Originally Posted by advrider View Post
    good job!! looks quite attractive!
    good morning
    thank you, is there anything that I can improve on ( the lightsphere i mean ) ...

and one thing, when i was taking the photos withe the LS on, i take a peek look,at the LS, I was almost blinded by the light when i put 4 pcs of papers , ahahhaha
    Last edited by yumyum; 13th November 2007 at 07:42 AM.

Your design similar to mine but i find that 2 pieces of tracing paper down the front enough for me laio. You can also try making a small clynder of tracing paper to out inside the container to diffuse the light coming out form the sides.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    Your design similar to mine but i find that 2 pieces of tracing paper down the front enough for me laio. You can also try making a small clynder of tracing paper to out inside the container to diffuse the light coming out form the sides.
    may i see urs too ? so that we can go patent without conflict..

Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    good morning
    thank you, is there anything that I can improve on ( the lightsphere i mean ) ...

and one thing, when i was taking the photos withe the LS on, i take a peek look,at the LS, I was almost blinded by the light when i put 4 pcs of papers , ahahhaha
    Looks good! haha but I think the primary difference between this and the original LS is that the LS has a corrugated interior.... ie. the inside surface is like ^^^^^^^

I think this helps to catch more light and help diffuse it.... maybe can try and somehow incorporate it into your tauhuay-sphere

My tracing paper is stuck on using double sided tape on the edges I think you cna see the clynder idea in the middle of it..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet