View Poll Results: What kind of bodies you as a Professional Photographer use?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolute top of the line (Canon EOS 5D, 1 series bodies / Nikon D2/D3 family or similar)

12 36.36%
  • Prosumer (Canon EOS 10D/20D/30D/40D / Nikon D100/D200/D300 or similar)

18 54.55%
  • Entry Level (Canon EOS 300D/350D/400D / Nikon D70(s)/D80/D40(x)/D50 or similar)

5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how many of you Professionals out there are using Professional camera bodies?

Default Re: how many of you Professionals out there are using Professional camera bodies?

on location shoot or events, DSLR.
    product shoots when nobody's looking (basically working alone), P&S
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Default Re: how many of you Professionals out there are using Professional camera bodies?

ok la. my photog sometimes uses handphone camera for product shoots also.

Quote Originally Posted by boredphuck View Post
    ok la. my photog sometimes uses handphone camera for product shoots also.
    wtf?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    wtf?!
    the pic is gonna be less than 1/8 of A4. cannot see the difference la. u will bring a MF to shoot something like that?

P&S is good ok.. it's got incredible DOF to keep the entire product in focus no need for expensive T/S lenses
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

I know it's very common to hear that the camera doesn't matter. Actually over the last year or so, I believe my view has been changing and I am starting to think the camera does matter.

In today's digital world, the camera body/chip is the film, how can the film not matter? In the last 2 years, there has been such massive jumps in color mapping, sensor noise, etc, just look at the jump in image quality from the canon 20d to the canon 5d or from the D1x to the current D3.

The improvements are huge. And if your clients is paying good money for a shoot, professionally, I think it's a good idea to give them the very best image you can for the budget you get from them. After my associate upgraded his gear, the quality of his images just improved by leaps and bounds and the jump in his bookings I believe is a testament to this improvement. Just my take on it.

i went to the province recently (im not from singapore). went to the cathedral, and there was a wedding. a really big one, maybe with half the town present (it was a small town). and the only two photographers there were like really old and they used really old canons. and i mean really, really old. not sure what model they were. but im sure they were old because they looked like my olympus om camera.

and their photos were damn good.

at the end of the day, i guess, to the proffessional photographer, it doesn't matter what camera you're actually using. what matters more is the quality of the picture, and if your clients are satisfied with what they are getting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12