Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: transfering pics to MBP then to pc

  1. #1

    Default transfering pics to MBP then to pc

    hi csers,

    will there be problems if i shoot tethered to macbookpro, and then transfer the pics via a external HDD to my home pc after the day's shoot?

  2. #2

    Default Re: transfering pics to MBP then to pc

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    hi csers,

    will there be problems if i shoot tethered to macbookpro, and then transfer the pics via a external HDD to my home pc after the day's shoot?
    nope

  3. #3

    Default Re: transfering pics to MBP then to pc

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    nope
    thanks for quick reply.

    now dunno to buy a mbp or a vaio fz.
    argh....

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: transfering pics to MBP then to pc

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    thanks for quick reply.

    now dunno to buy a mbp or a vaio fz.
    argh....
    buy a server.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #5

    Default Re: transfering pics to MBP then to pc

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    thanks for quick reply.

    now dunno to buy a mbp or a vaio fz.
    argh....
    mpb mpb

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    589

    Default Re: transfering pics to MBP then to pc

    btw your ext harddisk need to be formatted to fat32 for mac to use.
    mbp is good but ask yourself do u really need it? is your main system a pc? do u intend to convert it to mac?
    just make sure u know wat u want and not spur of the moment thing

  7. #7

    Default Re: transfering pics to MBP then to pc

    Quote Originally Posted by ptwong View Post
    btw your ext harddisk need to be formatted to fat32 for mac to use.
    mbp is good but ask yourself do u really need it? is your main system a pc? do u intend to convert it to mac?
    just make sure u know wat u want and not spur of the moment thing
    ya...that's why i'm really thinking....sigh...headache.

    so can the pc read fat32 formatted hdd?

  8. #8

    Default Re: transfering pics to MBP then to pc

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    ya...that's why i'm really thinking....sigh...headache.

    so can the pc read fat32 formatted hdd?
    Yep, both Mac and PC can read FAT32 format. Let me save you the headache, just get a MBP. While it is true that for low-end and moderately spec'ed machines, the PC Notebook is cheaper, for high-end notebooks (such as the 17" MBP), the pricing becomes very competitive.

    Before you go on about the weight, no, there's not a huge difference between the 15" and 17" MBP, just a bigger screen. I opted for the 17" MBP and have not looked back.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •