Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: Clear Plastic Battery Holders

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Originally posted by rick
    I find the sanyo ones run dry faster than those of the panasonic ones.
    I agree.. they do drain faster... no idea why, but they do come really cheap.
    Canon Lover :)

  2. #22

    Default

    Originally posted by Klause


    I agree.. they do drain faster... no idea why, but they do come really cheap.
    Oh? You mean they dun last very long? How are the Sanyos 1600mah compared to your Olympus ones?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Originally posted by azone


    Oh? You mean they dun last very long? How are the Sanyos 1600mah compared to your Olympus ones?
    Big difference... my Olympus 1700mAH can last like... 2 trips? Ard 200 pictures with 10 flash.

    The sanyo one last ard 1 trip with 140 pics.

    No exact calculation but the olympus one comfirm last longer than the sanyo.
    Canon Lover :)

  4. #24

    Default

    Originally posted by Klause


    Big difference... my Olympus 1700mAH can last like... 2 trips? Ard 200 pictures with 10 flash.

    The sanyo one last ard 1 trip with 140 pics.

    No exact calculation but the olympus one comfirm last longer than the sanyo.
    I see.. at least better than the Mitsubitshi ones. Around 120 pics.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Yes, I also found that the Olympus 1700mA Ni-MH battery last longer but those are not available as lose pack at retail outlet. You must get the pack that comes with charger and battery in order to get it.

    Or, anyone here knows wherer to get Olympus 1700mA Ni-MH batteries?

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Originally posted by azone


    I see.. at least better than the Mitsubitshi ones. Around 120 pics.
    I may be wrong about the num of pics. Just estimate. But sanyo is value for $ when u consider the price you pay for it.. only 14 for 4 AA.
    Canon Lover :)

  7. #27

    Default

    Originally posted by duckling
    Yes, I also found that the Olympus 1700mA Ni-MH battery last longer but those are not available as lose pack at retail outlet. You must get the pack that comes with charger and battery in order to get it.

    Or, anyone here knows wherer to get Olympus 1700mA Ni-MH batteries?
    CP sells that for ard 45 bucks. Not worth it. I rather buy 2 sets of GP 1800mah and have still have 11 bucks to spare.

  8. #28

    Default

    Originally posted by Klause


    I may be wrong about the num of pics. Just estimate. But sanyo is value for $ when u consider the price you pay for it.. only 14 for 4 AA.
    Oh? Saw they cost 15.60 for a set of 4 yesterday at Mustafa!

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by azone


    Oh? Saw they cost 15.60 for a set of 4 yesterday at Mustafa!
    they have a weird pricing policy. you pay less than you see
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  10. #30
    rick
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza


    hmm... how many recharge cycles have the Sanyo been through?
    Just 1 cycle...

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by rick


    Just 1 cycle...
    give it a few more cycles NiMH batteries only reach their full potential after a few recharge cycles.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  12. #32

    Default

    Erm the Olympus quick charger that cames with my camera bundle, can I use it for other rechargable battery or must I use on Oly batteries only?

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Originally posted by Blitz
    Erm the Olympus quick charger that cames with my camera bundle, can I use it for other rechargable battery or must I use on Oly batteries only?
    Should be able to use other brand... as long as AA rechargeable battery...

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Originally posted by Blitz
    Erm the Olympus quick charger that cames with my camera bundle, can I use it for other rechargable battery or must I use on Oly batteries only?
    Blitz, according to Leslie from John3:16, The charger can charge any NiMH re-chargeble battery but if you use GP, it get very hot (won't explode lah). If you use Sanyo then not so hot. He doesn't know why, just empirical statistic!

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    some brands are not built to handle fast charging....
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  16. #36

    Default

    Originally posted by Kevin
    Blitz, according to Leslie from John3:16, The charger can charge any NiMH re-chargeble battery but if you use GP, it get very hot (won't explode lah). If you use Sanyo then not so hot. He doesn't know why, just empirical statistic!
    Yes dats true. My GP batts get real hot with the olympus charger. And take note, NEVER use freshly charged batts(still hot) immediately. The voltage of each batt will be much higher than 1.2V, which can damage your dc easily. Let them cool down a while before using.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Originally posted by Blitz
    Erm the Olympus quick charger that cames with my camera bundle, can I use it for other rechargable battery or must I use on Oly batteries only?
    Can charge any NiMH battery
    Canon Lover :)

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Originally posted by azone


    Yes dats true. My GP batts get real hot with the olympus charger. And take note, NEVER use freshly charged batts(still hot) immediately. The voltage of each batt will be much higher than 1.2V, which can damage your dc easily. Let them cool down a while before using.
    I am using Olympus charger, the batteries never get hot after charged cos' my room has air-con.

    AP just equoted me Olympus 1700mA Ni-NH @ $50 for 4 pieces.

  19. #39

    Default

    Originally posted by duckling


    I am using Olympus charger, the batteries never get hot after charged cos' my room has air-con.

    AP just equoted me Olympus 1700mA Ni-NH @ $50 for 4 pieces.
    I see.. with air-con, of course won't get so hot.

    So expensive! Enough to get 3 sets of GP 1800mAh.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    think it's not worth it to get the Olympus batteries since they're so expensive.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •