Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Clear Plastic Battery Holders

  1. #1
    Moderator sebastiansong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,556
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Clear Plastic Battery Holders

    Greetings

    I would like to get those plastic battery holders (for both AA and AAA sizes).
    Does anyone have any idea where to get them?
    many thnx in advance.

  2. #2

    Default

    Buy a few Energizer Titaniums, give me the batteries, and keep the plastic cases.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee
    Buy a few Energizer Titaniums, give me the batteries, and keep the plastic cases.
    In another word, buy Energizer Titanium batteries, use them and you get to keep the plastic case. But it seems like kinda expensive. Any cheaper solution?

  4. #4

    Default

    /me shrugs

    If there was a better way, I'd use it.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee
    /me shrugs

    If there was a better way, I'd use it.
    Use rubber bands to tie them all up!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by Jayan


    Use rubber bands to tie them all up!!!
    That's what I do. Cheap and does the job very well.

    Regards
    CK

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    I use spectacle box. Each can hold about 10 batteries properly and prevent shorting. Another way would be to reuse casings for pens.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  8. #8

    Default

    i want also. for now i'm using film cases. the height is just nice.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Saw Cathay Photo selling a pack of 4 Olympus NiMH Batteries in nice little hard plastic case. If you are looking for a case for 2 AAs, look for the Panasonic NiMH batteries sold at most electrical departments.

    Warning! They don't come cheap, but at least the battery case is definitely more durable than the Energizer Titanium ones.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Originally posted by Daniel
    Saw Cathay Photo selling a pack of 4 Olympus NiMH Batteries in nice little hard plastic case. If you are looking for a case for 2 AAs, look for the Panasonic NiMH batteries sold at most electrical departments.

    Warning! They don't come cheap, but at least the battery case is definitely more durable than the Energizer Titanium ones.
    Hi,

    are you talking about original Olympus 1700 NiMH batteries? I am looking for those cos' they are very long lasting - after full charge.

    I've checked with John 3:16, they only sell those Olympus 1600 NiMH batteries.

    Anyone tried Sanyo, are they lasting?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Originally posted by duckling


    Hi,

    are you talking about original Olympus 1700 NiMH batteries? I am looking for those cos' they are very long lasting - after full charge.

    I've checked with John 3:16, they only sell those Olympus 1600 NiMH batteries.

    Anyone tried Sanyo, are they lasting?
    I got the 1700mAH with charger when I claim my free gift from olympus sg.
    Canon Lover :)

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by duckling


    Hi,

    are you talking about original Olympus 1700 NiMH batteries? I am looking for those cos' they are very long lasting - after full charge.

    I've checked with John 3:16, they only sell those Olympus 1600 NiMH batteries.

    Anyone tried Sanyo, are they lasting?
    The Olympus ones are very expensive. Asked the price in CP before - $45 for a set of 4! Maybe you can try the GP 1800mAh ones from mustafa. They lasted just as long as the Olympus 1600mAh ones, and a whole lot cheaper. Good enuff IMO. Get around 3 or 4 sets of batts in total should be more than enuff. You should take in consideration of how much memory you got too. No point having 1 x 128MB SM and then buy 5 sets of batts, coz you'll run out of storage with less than 2 sets of batts.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Originally posted by azone


    The Olympus ones are very expensive. Asked the price in CP before - $45 for a set of 4! Maybe you can try the GP 1800mAh ones from mustafa. They lasted just as long as the Olympus 1600mAh ones, and a whole lot cheaper. Good enuff IMO. Get around 3 or 4 sets of batts in total should be more than enuff. You should take in consideration of how much memory you got too. No point having 1 x 128MB SM and then buy 5 sets of batts, coz you'll run out of storage with less than 2 sets of batts.
    Good point.. a lot of battery but no memory is useless.
    Canon Lover :)

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by duckling


    Hi,

    are you talking about original Olympus 1700 NiMH batteries? I am looking for those cos' they are very long lasting - after full charge.

    I've checked with John 3:16, they only sell those Olympus 1600 NiMH batteries.

    Anyone tried Sanyo, are they lasting?
    Sanyo ones are great But get the 1600mAH ones and not the 700mAH ones
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  15. #15
    Moderator sebastiansong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,556
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    what is the diff between GP1600 and GP1800? I am getting confused here, kindly enlighten

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by sebastiansong
    what is the diff between GP1600 and GP1800? I am getting confused here, kindly enlighten
    the higher the number the more charge it can store and consequently, the longer it lasts.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Originally posted by sebastiansong
    what is the diff between GP1600 and GP1800? I am getting confused here, kindly enlighten
    It has more charge capacity (200 mAH more).
    Hence it last longer (takes longer to charge too!)

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Originally posted by duckling


    Hi,

    are you talking about original Olympus 1700 NiMH batteries? I am looking for those cos' they are very long lasting - after full charge.

    I've checked with John 3:16, they only sell those Olympus 1600 NiMH batteries.

    Anyone tried Sanyo, are they lasting?
    Not too sure, check with CP

  19. #19
    rick
    Guests

    Default

    I find the sanyo ones run dry faster than those of the panasonic ones.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by rick
    I find the sanyo ones run dry faster than those of the panasonic ones.
    hmm... how many recharge cycles have the Sanyo been through?
    Last edited by mpenza; 24th January 2002 at 07:33 AM.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •