Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Deteriorating Moral Ethics of Some Photographers

Default Re: Deteriorating Moral Ethics of Some Photographers

regarding people in the way errrr. have courage and speak up at the time, why only speak up later? otherwise it's your fault for not fixing the situation.

asking models to pose with cleavage or what not...what's the big deal, i mean the girls know there are going to be gawkers...it is up to them if they will do it or not, one persons morals does not mean it is right and that is the only proper thing to do.

i can live without going to these events, i've seen a whole lot better car shows so it's not a big deal. but going off of last year, it is a very big deal for people here. i mean lets be honest, most people probably have 20 times more shots of the girls rather than cars, even a monkey knows most people went to shoot the girls. with that being said you gotta expect a fair percentage went there to gawk, and so what...boys will be boys, why you think they brought in the big name models...SEX SALES. so yeah, what's wrong with guys asking for more alluring shots? i mean this is a place where prostitution is legal and people get hung instead of given a second chance in life correct...between thos two parameters, you figure it out and create your own morals.

i think it's farkin lame for some of you guys to say "we are watching you," or "we know who you are" if there are a few csers who ask for cleavage shots...so what, get a life. how the girl wants to pose is up to her, how a photog wants to shoot is up to him so who are any of us to call it immoral. and again please dun tell me this is squeaky clean singapore; geylang, orchard towers, health centers, can go on and on...and dun use the arguement about the majority of people not being like because i got news for you, majority of photogs do not act badly either. i would say look around you and see things for what they really are and you will find that it is just about the same proportionately with people holding cameras.

everyone in cs, watch me then because yeeeees, occasionally i love to shoot the female form whenever i can. i've done it back in hawaii in outdoor secluded beach settings with my wife helping, so she might be a pervette, i think i will have to ask her if she has morals or if she came with me to gawk according to the way some people think here.

at our car shows, we had girls who gave photogs a show, and a damn good one too...so i guess that makes me immoral if i watched the girls that chose to flash the photogs that were flashing them. but then again, no one here would dare look at a model that gave a seductive pose at a car show because that would be just as immoral as a photog who asked for one at a car show....hehehe you guys crack me up.

so yeah, you guys better put me on your list i'm immoral, i'd look at a model showing some nipple or cleavage because that is no different than asking for a sexy pic because she is giving you a sexy shot...the ONLY difference is that some of you will ask, and some of you won't. but if a guy did ask and a model agreed, i'd bet almost all of you would be snapping away

i would not have asked the models at the event, but for the guys that did, hats off to you. because if i went to the show and one of you guys asked and the model acknowledged, i'd be snapping away and i would not post about how some unethical or immoral guy asked a model to pose a certain way.

If persuasion and a little poke doesn't work , you can always go on the offensive!

"I was there taking photos on sunday when an auto nut (by his motor oil shirt) jumped in front of me with a lousy 1990s compact film camera. Oh well, a film user... hmm... Respect. So I saluted him, then turned my light sphere and cupped his face with it in one smooth motion, then I fired off 5 shots at full flash blast (while capturing great shots with the light bounced off his bewildered face). While he's groggy from the flashes, I summarily stabbed him in the buttocks with the large black, sharpened flower hood of my lens..."

Arrrrg!

There is always the wonderful retreat called imagination where the "good guy" always wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    regarding people in the way errrr. have courage and speak up at the time, why only speak up later? otherwise it's your fault for not fixing the situation.

asking models to pose with cleavage or what not...what's the big deal, i mean the girls know there are going to be gawkers...it is up to them if they will do it or not, one persons morals does not mean it is right and that is the only proper thing to do.

i can live without going to these events, i've seen a whole lot better car shows so it's not a big deal. but going off of last year, it is a very big deal for people here. i mean lets be honest, most people probably have 20 times more shots of the girls rather than cars, even a monkey knows most people went to shoot the girls. with that being said you gotta expect a fair percentage went there to gawk, and so what...boys will be boys, why you think they brought in the big name models...SEX SALES. so yeah, what's wrong with guys asking for more alluring shots? i mean this is a place where prostitution is legal and people get hung instead of given a second chance in life correct...between thos two parameters, you figure it out and create your own morals.

i think it's farkin lame for some of you guys to say "we are watching you," or "we know who you are" if there are a few csers who ask for cleavage shots...so what, get a life. how the girl wants to pose is up to her, how a photog wants to shoot is up to him so who are any of us to call it immoral. and again please dun tell me this is squeaky clean singapore; geylang, orchard towers, health centers, can go on and on...and dun use the arguement about the majority of people not being like because i got news for you, majority of photogs do not act badly either. i would say look around you and see things for what they really are and you will find that it is just about the same proportionately with people holding cameras.

everyone in cs, watch me then because yeeeees, occasionally i love to shoot the female form whenever i can. i've done it back in hawaii in outdoor secluded beach settings with my wife helping, so she might be a pervette, i think i will have to ask her if she has morals or if she came with me to gawk according to the way some people think here.

at our car shows, we had girls who gave photogs a show, and a damn good one too...so i guess that makes me immoral if i watched the girls that chose to flash the photogs that were flashing them. but then again, no one here would dare look at a model that gave a seductive pose at a car show because that would be just as immoral as a photog who asked for one at a car show....hehehe you guys crack me up.

so yeah, you guys better put me on your list i'm immoral, i'd look at a model showing some nipple or cleavage because that is no different than asking for a sexy pic because she is giving you a sexy shot...the ONLY difference is that some of you will ask, and some of you won't. but if a guy did ask and a model agreed, i'd bet almost all of you would be snapping away

i would not have asked the models at the event, but for the guys that did, hats off to you. because if i went to the show and one of you guys asked and the model acknowledged, i'd be snapping away and i would not post about how some unethical or immoral guy asked a model to pose a certain way.

i can live without going to these events, i've seen a whole lot better car shows so it's not a big deal. but going off of last year, it is a very big deal for people here. i mean lets be honest, most people probably have 20 times more shots of the girls rather than cars, even a monkey knows most people went to shoot the girls. with that being said you gotta expect a fair percentage went there to gawk, and so what...boys will be boys, why you think they brought in the big name models...SEX SALES. so yeah, what's wrong with guys asking for more alluring shots? i mean this is a place where prostitution is legal and people get hung instead of given a second chance in life correct...between thos two parameters, you figure it out and create your own morals...

Wonder where you get your stats from but that close hehe! btw im the one shooting the cars

You have written a 832 words long message just to tell us you like to gawk too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    hahahahah..touche. Another keen observation.

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

vince123123
    Guests

For those who wish to take the law into your own hands and start taking physical action on the perps involved (especially those proclaimations of gungho whackings) , do be forewarned and advised you may yourself incur criminal liability in the process - so be prepared if that happens if you choose to take such a cause of action.

Wow...you even bother to count?

bro, how long u take to count???
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Dear, try click and pasting to Word and use the word count function lah.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

I think less than 15 seconds. He must have been running MS Word and was utterly bored

Re: Deteriorating Moral Ethics of Some Photographers

Is there any law and order in the jungle?.....
    always the Light, .... always.

the law of guerilla warfare. u dont hide u die lor haha

hehe, i guess i did hit 800+ words...good point

the thing is, there are always two sides and more than enough opinions for everything.

someone in your way, tell em excuse me...why complain later after you're gone?
    dun like a photog asking a girl to pose a certain way at a public event, errrr, no rule against people acting differently or being "unethical" or "immoral".

why i write so much i dunno, you got me there...however i think for me what fully gets under my skin is when people just see things one way, and do not expand or open their minds to see it from a different point of view.

how i get my stats, i think it's more than reasonable to suggest those numbers were for most, not all, i said most photogs who went to the event have probably 20x more snaps of girls than of cars...and nothing wrong with that. in fact just look at the threads...how many cars, and how many girls

800+ wow, hehe i think in most threads i post i am trying to offer a different opinion because quite frankly eventhough i said there are more than enough opinions for everything, opinions seem to be pretty uniformed here at times. i get the usual fan mail and that's fine. what makes me happy is when people at least see a point before trying to rebute it, or at least acknowledge a different point of view eventhough it may not be to their liking.

you know i love all you guys,

hopefully less than 800 this time

No worries, just slightly more then 250 words this time. ;-p
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

In any event, there's bound to be old farts who think they own the event, and young punks who are probably fathered by said old farts. Be it an ah-pek blocking the view with his ladder, or a young beng who cut in front of you, this is inevitable.

How to deal with it? Well, unless you got a super-duper special access pass, I'll typically give these free-for-all (check that, $10 for all ) mass shoot orgies a miss. Worst of all, at such events, everyone is likely to have the same shots, you'd be hard pressed to tell who's work is which

just pop up in front of that bugger lah. and if he does another pop-up... you do your thing again. see who can pop-up the most.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    just pop up in front of that bugger lah. and if he does another pop-up... you do your thing again. see who can pop-up the most.
    Pop Con!!!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post

then the organisor will come up with a huge Hammer and hit the popups.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast