Thread: Italy/France/UK

Default Italy/France/UK

Hey guys...

Know there are many travelbugs in CS, and hope i can find some help/advices here..
    i am getting married in march and planning my honeymoon in april.

ideally...would love to visit a few cities in europe.
    would love to touch down in Rome-Venice-florence(or milan)-paris-london

anyone who has been thru' similar route?
    can advice on good and reasonable priced hotels in those cities?
    travel via europass?

I backpacked in europe when i was 19....and was so much easier, cos i was alone..and didnt even have a proper itinerary to start with..just go, and plan along the way..and staying in youth hostels.

guess i cant do that for honeymoon yah?? haha..

thanks in advance for incomning advices!!

Default Re: Italy/France/UK

yes you probably do not want to stay in a hostel unless your bride-to-be is an avid backpacker too

i can probably help you with london, but you have to state how long you might be here, and what sort of sights you want to see

hey..

i just saw your other thread..
    damn, so nice to be able to study in europe huh...
    will you be driving? my friends drove around europe, and they seems to be able to venture to many nice small towns, and big cities alike.

and they told me with GPS in the car...it is almost 100% accurate.

for me, i will probably be putting up at my friend's place in london...so that aint so much of a problem.
    it is probably the transportation between the cities and the accomodation expenses that i am more worried about..

If you are going on a honeymoon, restrict the number of countries/cities/towns to see.
    Mix a couple of big cities with a few small towns - great natural landscape is an antidote to city hustle and bustle.
    There's only so many museums and churches one can take in a trip - choose a few important ones to visit.
    Like driving - why not rent a car and drive around vineyards, plains, plantations etc?
    Book your hotels a couple of days in advance, during nonpeak periods.
    Don't like expensive hotels? Check out family-run bed and breakfast, guesthouses etc.
    If planning an itinerary is just too much, just go with a tour group.
    You are going on a honeymoon, not notching up the number of cities or sites for your own personal record,
    Of the 3 countries, Italy is cheapest.

yeah....not planning to conquer as many cities as possible...unlike a backpacking trip....
    just found out that flights in/out paris and london to other cities in europe is relatively cheap and frequent.

so might make use of that instead of driving...
    will probably leave driving to another trip, maybe 2 yrs later with friends...

i did some maths, and driving would be cheaper to share with 2 couples...just 1 couple, would chalk up quite abit..

after founding out abt cheap flights, i might just land in london, stay for 2N...fly to rome..
    then rome 2N, venice 2N, florence 1N, paris 3N, london 2N...and back home..
    some flight connections are cheaper than the rest...so i might based my destinations of the flight cost as well...
    i am amazed that flights can be even cheaper than trains!!!
    and shorten by many hours too...

next is to get a Internation student identity card..ISIC...
    but i am already outta school....haiz..

heard i could get one in BBK...haha..anyone heading there and wanna help me???

Quote Originally Posted by grainpixel View Post
    hey..

i just saw your other thread..
    damn, so nice to be able to study in europe huh...
    will you be driving? my friends drove around europe, and they seems to be able to venture to many nice small towns, and big cities alike.

and they told me with GPS in the car...it is almost 100% accurate.

for me, i will probably be putting up at my friend's place in london...so that aint so much of a problem.
    it is probably the transportation between the cities and the accomodation expenses that i am more worried about..
    probably not, planning to run around italy by train.. much faster since we have limited time
    perhaps when we have a longer holiday, this break is shortened because our school started slightly later this year