Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: East Shooter Anyone?

Default Re: East Shooter Anyone?

Thanks lukesky for the info. I will go lunch either tmrw or next day at CV and shall check timing boat leaving for PU on Sunday.

I suggest meeting point is at BALA coffee stall that is nearest to Jetty.

can we meetup again not later than wednsday night? coz i'll be on night shift again on thursday. if can't, its ok with me. thanks

hey guys, cant join u all for the ubin trip..
    driving my parents to some weddings at cck..
    sadd..
    mohd lukman
    photoblog | flickr | multiply

Quote Originally Posted by lukesky View Post
    5) Food/drinks - Bring enough water.. i think 1L is minimum if not more.. there are some drink stalls scattered along the island though..
    6) Transport on Ubin - Basically 3 ways. Walk, ride or van. Van is $2 per trip, walking is free, bike I think $2 also have but lousier type of bike.
    Some suggestions based on the last trip which I went with Leinaj:

5) There is mini van or small lorry selling drinks outside the entrance so you may not want to carry too much water.
    6) Travel by the van will be easier especially the walk may tired you out. Moreover, you may need to rush back to jetty if you stay a bit longer while waiting for others. Also it getting back to the jetty fast you can have your drinks at the coffee shop at the jetty area.

Quote Originally Posted by lukman View Post
    hey guys, cant join u all for the ubin trip..
    driving my parents to some weddings at cck..
    sadd..
    See you again on next outing.

Quote Originally Posted by engrmariano View Post
    can we meetup again not later than wednsday night? coz i'll be on night shift again on thursday. if can't, its ok with me. thanks
    Any day is OK for me. Shall let Zack response on this.

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post

5) There is mini van or small lorry selling drinks outside the entrance so you may not want to carry too much water.
    6) Travel by the van will be easier especially the walk may tired you out. Moreover, you may need to rush back to jetty if you stay a bit longer while waiting for others. Also it getting back to the jetty fast you can have your drinks at the coffee shop at the jetty area.

Thanks John. I prefer to cycle but not sure all those going can ride bicycle.
    Last edited by majujat; 25th February 2008 at 12:01 AM.

May I bring along a friend of mine who is interested in photography too?

Quote Originally Posted by hOrizoNsKy View Post
    May I bring along a friend of mine who is interested in photography too?
    Yes, both of you are welcome to join us for Pulau Ubin outing on 2nd Mar.

The details are as follows. Please add in your ID to the list.
    2nd Outing:
    Venue : Pulau Ubin (may cycle or walk or hire van - so take note what bags/equipment to bring)
    Date: 2nd March
    Time : 8am at Changi Village Jetty
    1) irahaz
    2) majujat
    3) lukesky
    4) engrmariano (50/50 coz coming from night shift)
    5) Vincent (99%)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)

Bike is around 4 - 9 dollars. (Whole day) Depending on specifications?
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Actually the amount of water u carry really depends on what mode of transport u choose. If u walk, u'll definitely need to bring the most amount as those who went thru NS before will know. If take bike, it's in the middle and of course van is the most relaxed and won't need that much water.

If we choose travelling by van, it's fast and relaxing but u can't stop too often along the way.. it's like a taxi like that, brings u to your destination and that's it. Unless we wana book the van the whole day.. then it's a different story. But I don't know how much it costs though.. can go there n ask n see how. So far I've never seen vans parked at the side of the road waiting for PGs to shoot in my trips there..

For people who like to shoot macro insects, there are alot of big spiders and webs along the roads which I only saw because I was walking all the way. Even if u're on a bike, u might miss them, so if sit van, confirm will miss them one. But walking is really shaq..and u won't be able to cover the whole island in 1 day, because chek jawa also need to walk.
    So I feel the best compromise is to ride, then u'll have the flexibility of stopping where ever u want and can still cover the ground in a relatively quick time.

I've thought of a couple of extra stuff :
    Things to consider in the details:
    1) Meeting point - I think we can meet at Changi Village itself at one of the stalls in the market, then at least can have breakfast while waiting.
    2) What happen if there are latecomers - As from the last meetup, I find east shooters quite punctual, which is good. Maybe wait for half hr?
    3) Equipment (cam, lenses, bags etc) - Insect repellent (I think it's a must to bring, but can share), sunblock, hat, comfy walking shoes, sunglasses if u wana look cool while shooting. I'll also bring a small bike lock,because chek jawa inside cannot ride bike, so gota leave it outside. It's not really a case of the bike getting stolen as opposed to someone accidentally ride off with yr bike,which I heard has happened b4..so jus a precaution.

Then the rest of the cam stuff are standard I guess depending on whatever u wana shoot. If u have CPL or ND filter, can consider to bring because chek jawa got a boardwalk out to sea, so if the day is sunny, u'll get reflections on the water.But don't bring so many things till u can't ride properly.
    4) Attire - Up to u I guess, I'm wearing tee n berms and sandals.
    5) Food/drinks - Bring enough water.. i think 1L is minimum if not more.. there are some drink stalls scattered along the island though..
    6) Transport on Ubin - Basically 3 ways. Walk, ride or van. Van is $2 per trip, walking is free, bike I think $2 also have but lousier type of bike.
    Last edited by lukesky; 25th February 2008 at 08:53 AM.

what: east shooters another TCSS.
    where: starbucks tampines mall (my suggestion), you may suggest your as well.
    when: wednesday, 8pm onwards.
    why: just want to seat and talk about photography, and plan the UBI outing.

bring your gears for some practice shots.

Quote Originally Posted by lukesky View Post
    Actually the amount of water u carry really depends on what mode of transport u choose. If u walk, u'll definitely need to bring the most amount as those who went thru NS before will know. If take bike, it's in the middle and of course van is the most relaxed and won't need that much water.
    If you walk, you should notice that a lot of residents are selling drinks along the way. As such, there is even less requirement to bring so much water with you.

Anyway I think I also don't talk too much since I can't join as I have another gathering.

If you walk, you should notice that a lot of residents are selling drinks along the way. As such, there is even less requirement to bring so much water with you.

Anyway I think I also don't talk too much since I can't join as I have another gathering.
    hey no prob man, everyone has their own views. For me when I walked, I drank 1L of water in a few hrs, not including those I bought along the way somemore. Maybe it was a hotter day that time. Anyway up to the individual la, don't bring water also can, biking isn't that shaq compared to walking.

Alright, change of timing of the meeting to this Wednesday (27 Feb 2008). Let Majujat or I know if anyone wants to come along.
    My mind is between quarks and quasars

Ok meet at Tampines Mall Starbucks 8pm on Wednesday

Me and Zack confirmed coming

Lukesky do join us if you can.

Zack, I went to CV jetty this afternoon and found that bumboat to PU has no fixed timing.
    Once they have 12 passengers, they will leave.

On Sunday, suggest meeting point is at Bala's Place #01-16. One of the stalls in the CV market. Good place for breakfast while waiting for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by majujat View Post
    Zack, I went to CV jetty this afternoon and found that bumboat to PU has no fixed timing.
    Once they have 12 passengers, they will leave.

On Sunday, suggest meeting point is at Bala's Place #01-16. One of the stalls in the CV market. Good place for breakfast while waiting for the rest.

You all enjoy yourselves me will try to participate on the next event.

Hi engrmariano. Tonight meet up is cancelled.

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast