Thread: Converting slide film to digital format

Default Converting slide film to digital format

I'm not sure if this have being posted before, but can someone point me to the right direction to where I can convert some of my slide film to digital format into a cd or something? And if possible, how much will it cost. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Converting slide film to digital format

I think u can get the answers at the rangefinder section. from what i've read is the cost is per picture and not like normal negatives.

i think u can try triple d at burlington square. 0.80 per piece. sent my wedding pics to be scanned by them.

Quote Originally Posted by boredphuck View Post
    i think u can try triple d at burlington square. 0.80 per piece. sent my wedding pics to be scanned by them.

do you know what equipment/model that use to scan?

Quote Originally Posted by gohaj View Post
    do you know what equipment/model that use to scan?
    have no idea at all! hahaha. didn't really matter to me cos just wedding pics.

Quote Originally Posted by ktan View Post
    I'm not sure if this have being posted before, but can someone point me to the right direction to where I can convert some of my slide film to digital format into a cd or something? And if possible, how much will it cost. Thank you in advance.
    Hello, there is three ways you can do this.

The first is to scan it yourself using a film scanner. It's not cheap, but you can use it if you are still using film.

The second is to go to a decent photo lab, even those labeled DIGITAL and ask them to scan in your film. It's about $5+ I think.

Lastly, you can do a professional scanning using a drum scanner. Some people are offering this in the services thread.

Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by alternatve View Post
    The second is to go to a decent photo lab, even those labeled DIGITAL and ask them to scan in your film. It's about $5+ I think.

can you help to identify all the decent photo lab that you have used before?

can you help to identify all the decent photo lab that you have used before?
    Decent in this case means one of the better stocked photo labs. You can look at the services it does outside. Check for film to digital conversion services.

Samuel

$0.80 per piece? that means about $28.80 to scan a roll of slide?

Thanks guys...think got 2 photo lab around my place. I go check with them if they do it. Thank you all for the reply

yup. i spent 40 over scanning my stuff.

which lab? what equipment are they using?

scan 1 or scan all?

1 roll at fotohub is about 16 or something... and the color wash out, and cannot enhance in PS. sianz...

so recently shot a few rolls, went looking for film scanner, and since now i shoot xpan sized film, eventually went to buy a flat bed...

not bad after PSed.

Provia 400X for above

scanned a mounted slides taken long ago last night, to test the mounting for the mounted slides... took a fast one.

overall not bad after you use the ps to enhance and sharpen. not for printing thou...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

which lab? what equipment are they using?
    triple d. no idea abt equipment but seems like lomo ppl here go there as well.

i didnt scan 35mm. i scanned mf slides. so its by piece not by roll. almost went to fotohub but spider sense told me otherwise. lucky me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    scan 1 or scan all?

1 roll at fotohub is about 16 or something... and the color wash out, and cannot enhance in PS. sianz...

so recently shot a few rolls, went looking for film scanner, and since now i shoot xpan sized film, eventually went to buy a flat bed...

not bad after PSed.

Provia 400X for above

scanned a mounted slides taken long ago last night, to test the mounting for the mounted slides... took a fast one.

overall not bad after you use the ps to enhance and sharpen. not for printing thou...

Try PM Kex... He does slide scanning, and if not wrong he have something like a drum scan to do the job.

However if you're converting 35mm slides and wanted to do yourself, few options:
    i. Get a SlideScanner, quite cheap nowadays. A relatively good 2nd one will cost ard $300++. I used to own 2 but already sold 1 off for $350 many months back.

ii. Get a good flatbed scanner w/slide scanning function. Cost ard $400. And of cos you can also use it for document scanning also.

iii. Get a slide-duplicator adaptor if you have a DSLR. A slide-duplicator adaptor is a device that mount-onto your lens. Point it to a good light source and take pictures of your slides, thus converting them into digital images. My advice is to use tripod and a flash as the light source. Shoot f/11-f/16 for best results. Frankly speaking, this device is seldom found in SG. But recently I saw someone selling in CS. Do a search for 'slide duplicator' I believe you should be able to find it.
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

Quote Originally Posted by ktan View Post
    find a film scanner or negative scanner, 200+ to thousands, or someone provide the service