Thread: B&H and Amazon Prices on Internet b4 tax?

Default B&H and Amazon Prices on Internet b4 tax?

Wonder if anyone ever ordered books or camera equipment on the Internet..

Are those prices stated before US taxes?

Default Re: B&H and Amazon Prices on Internet b4 tax?

The prices are usually pre tax and pre shipping costs.

Taxes apply if the buyer is located in a state where the online store business has a presence in. For Amazon, I believe it is practically every state in US. There is probably no tax for oversea orders, but I am not 100% sure.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Roygoh is right. It depends on the state. But i believe it's the state that it's shipped to. I've had stuff shipped from B&H to SG, only tax is our GST. Amazon.com to SG and some other states also no US tax. Adorama also dun have.

i think if value less than SDG $400, item will not be taxed. I got my stuff from ebay and lucky invoice state USD$250. Not need pay GST
    Beginners worries about cost, amaeturs worries about gear, pros worries about light hahaha

As long as you dont cross S$400, you need not have to pay for GST. Else they will send you a letter to ask for payment ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG View Post
    As long as you dont cross S$400, you need not have to pay for GST. Else they will send you a letter to ask for payment ..
    To add to KO's comments, if you go by UPS/DHL, they'll ask you to pay cash on GST when they deliver the goods to you if over S$400.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

To add on somemore (kakaka), the value is not based on your item only. It's the TOTAL cost of your package including shipping, insurance, etc, etc. If this crosses S$400 then you need to pay GST (which is then calculated based on this total cost).