Thread: Blur-Flash Technique

Default Blur-Flash Technique

My attempt at the blur-flash technique using Panasonic's Lumix Fz7. I took this at the colbar a mth or 2 ago, this kid was running about and I had the lumix with me and remembered this article i read about the flash-blur technique, using fill flash to freeze the object while following it in movement. Wonder if my composition is ok, I tried to get the kid at the left hand corner of the frame.
    Last edited by wxwayne; 9th November 2007 at 10:01 PM.

Default Re: Blur-Flash Technique

please write more about your picture as per guidelines. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=273376

I took this at the colbar a mth or 2 ago, this kid was running about and I had the lumix with me and remembered this article i read about the flash-blur technique, using fill flash to freeze the object while following it in movement. Wonder if my composition is ok, I tried to get the kid at the left hand corner of the frame.

I think it would better if the boy is at the right hand side.. will look like he is running to something and not running away from something..

But it's a good attempt.. he looks like the flash!

I think it would have been better if the focus on the boy's face was better, but the fill-flash couldn't get tt, prob cos the exposure speed was too long at 1/3.5?

Ya, if the boy was in the right would have been better. This one looks like he is running out of the picture.

Can't comment on the technique as I'm not good in it myself.