Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Recommended shops for buying cameras

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    For good bargain and friendly service go to " Lords " at Lucky Plaza.
    Orchard Road. Look for James, David, Raymond or Kelvin .

  2. #22
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Ng L.T. View Post
    For good bargain and friendly service go to " Lords " at Lucky Plaza.
    Orchard Road. Look for James, David, Raymond or Kelvin .
    for Lords, it is better to patronise them during IT show. Better packages and prices than normal. =)

  3. #23

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    for Lords, it is better to patronise them during IT show. Better packages and prices than normal. =)
    And how do I know that they are from Lords during the IT shows?

  4. #24

    Talking Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by hino07 View Post
    Will J316 give god bargin price?
    Well, buy more stuff and I'm sure they'll be happy to negotiate a lower price. =) Basically I love going to John 3:16 because the people there are friendly, and basically it helps to contribute to a pleasant shopping experience. Also, as far as I'm concerned they'd recommend you stuff based on what they think best for you, not what they think best for their pockets.

    Besides getting the best value out of your equipment, I'm sure having a few buddies in the shops you buy your equips from is definitely important.
    Last edited by Hewlett Chew Tsieh; 11th November 2007 at 08:00 PM.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    got my cam at MS color Amk hub .. Great service I must say

  6. #26

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    I'd be wary of SLS shops that aren't OP. OP seems decent enough, but the guys at the other shops seem rather rough. They're friendly only when you seem interested in stuff, but then their attitudes change really fast once you walk out on them. Like I tried getting a Hoya +4 filter (Worth $15-20) from one of the ground floor shops, and the guy quoted me $60. I was like wtf, so I walked out. And then he called me back, asking what price I wanted. So I went ok...no more than $20. And he said where you buy from? I also wan to buy leh! *sigh*

  7. #27

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by kultchris View Post
    got my cam at MS color Amk hub .. Great service I must say
    I used to patronise their s11 outlet but find that their service has dipped from my recent visits. Pretty disappointing i must say...

  8. #28
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by hino07 View Post
    And how do I know that they are from Lords during the IT shows?
    take their pamphlets and see their shop names. or u can ask the salesman.. i did asked them before. =)

  9. #29
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewlett Chew Tsieh View Post
    Well, buy more stuff and I'm sure they'll be happy to negotiate a lower price. =) Basically I love going to John 3:16 because the people there are friendly, and basically it helps to contribute to a pleasant shopping experience. Also, as far as I'm concerned they'd recommend you stuff based on what they think best for you, not what they think best for their pockets.

    Besides getting the best value out of your equipment, I'm sure having a few buddies in the shops you buy your equips from is definitely important.
    i visit j316 once, they would say God bless u to their customers. =)

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Balestier
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Thanks for all the tips... so far, I (and all my MY kakis) patronise CP as their acc are way2 cheaper than MY. But for bodies and lenses, MY is still cheaper. I will survey those other shops mentioned here bit by bit
    Who Dares Wins!

  11. #31
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker28 View Post
    Thanks for all the tips... so far, I (and all my MY kakis) patronise CP as their acc are way2 cheaper than MY. But for bodies and lenses, MY is still cheaper. I will survey those other shops mentioned here bit by bit
    HK is another cheap source for bodies and lens. =)

  12. #32
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    HK is another cheap source for bodies and lens. =)
    but warranty is always a concern for some parts. warranty is a confusing thing and i thought it might be purposely made as such to deter us from buying the cheapest.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Balestier
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    but warranty is always a concern for some parts. warranty is a confusing thing and i thought it might be purposely made as such to deter us from buying the cheapest.
    Well, the saying "good things are never cheap... cheap things are never good" does hold a little water sometimes. There will always be a price RANGE... if the price falls above and below this range, this should sound the alarm bells liaw
    Who Dares Wins!

  14. #34

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    thats pretty true .. but who doesnt wan to get a gd deal .. but i think warranty is really impt .. thats why some shops even sell extended waranty ..

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    OT abit, is their crumpler bag cheaper?
    yes, their crumpler bag are cheaper than the one sold in crumpler botique

    upz for John 3:16 excellent services that time when i was buying my crumpler bag
    as for AP in SLS, it depends on who serve u, there is one guy in AP quite friendly one
    OP is SLS not bad, the service staff are quite friendly, good place to get filters
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

  16. #36

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Take the recomendations here as just that - recommendations. Shoppers should make their own decision. I went to one of the recommended shop here. Asked for price and they quoted higher. Mentioned Clubsnap posted price list and they said that does not applied. Told them that I was recommended by one of their customers and still did not move. Salesman (actually I think he is the manager of the outlet) was not friendly. Actually I had a cheaper email quote from his company but did not bring it down with me but I don't think he wants my business. Went to another recommended shop - great service. Price was only a few dollars cheaper but the service was a vast difference. The staff there makes you feel that buying the stuff there was a joy. What was more important was that the lens I bought has some focus problem. Visited them again and got exchanged - no question asked. Not only that, tested like crazy in the shop and they were patient.

    Try that at a SLS shop or one in Orchard road and see what happens.

  17. #37
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    but warranty is always a concern for some parts. warranty is a confusing thing and i thought it might be purposely made as such to deter us from buying the cheapest.
    all canon lens have international warranty. Reminder is to confirm with the shops. Buy from reputable shops overseas. Canon cam bodies has local warranty. Big accessories like vertical grips and flashes have international warranty as well. =)

  18. #38
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker28 View Post
    Well, the saying "good things are never cheap... cheap things are never good" does hold a little water sometimes. There will always be a price RANGE... if the price falls above and below this range, this should sound the alarm bells liaw
    for overseas purchase, tourists can get tax rebates. in Japan, Canon products are generally cheaper because gds are manufactured there, so no import taxes. for HK, goods are duty free. =)

  19. #39
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by IONSOON View Post
    yes, their crumpler bag are cheaper than the one sold in crumpler botique

    upz for John 3:16 excellent services that time when i was buying my crumpler bag
    as for AP in SLS, it depends on who serve u, there is one guy in AP quite friendly one
    OP is SLS not bad, the service staff are quite friendly, good place to get filters
    thanks for the tip. =)

  20. #40

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    went to john 3:16 to get my camera and lens and crumpler bag. very good service and competitive prices i must say.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •