Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Recommended shops for buying cameras

  1. #1

    Default Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Just wondering .. more recommended shops like AP , MS color , John 3:16 , cathay . etc .. are they recommended cos of their more reasonable pricing or they they considered more trustworthy ? Cos i walked ard sim lim and asked for camera prices and it seems like some of the not so famous shops actually offer equal or better pricing .. also I was over at lucky plaza their pricing is almost the same .. so just wondering why certain shops r more popular even though their pricing is almost the same . Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    just called MS color while ago .. cos i saw someone with a thread saying tat MS color selling Canon Powershot SX100IS at 500 nett .. but they quote mi $520 (best price ) and AP at $530 .. the best price i got from the shop in town was abt $510 ..

  3. #3
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    i prefer to shop @ CP, convenient location plus they have most of the goods that i need.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    looking for a good price and trustworthy shop ..

  5. #5
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,651

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by kultchris View Post
    Just wondering .. more recommended shops like AP , MS color , John 3:16 , cathay . etc .. are they recommended cos of their more reasonable pricing or they they considered more trustworthy ? Cos i walked ard sim lim and asked for camera prices and it seems like some of the not so famous shops actually offer equal or better pricing .. also I was over at lucky plaza their pricing is almost the same .. so just wondering why certain shops r more popular even though their pricing is almost the same . Thanks
    Prices can be the same, heck they can even be cheaper. Then they tell you batteries, charger, cards, etc got to get separately. How?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by kultchris View Post
    Just wondering .. more recommended shops like AP , MS color , John 3:16 , cathay . etc .. are they recommended cos of their more reasonable pricing or they they considered more trustworthy ? Cos i walked ard sim lim and asked for camera prices and it seems like some of the not so famous shops actually offer equal or better pricing .. also I was over at lucky plaza their pricing is almost the same .. so just wondering why certain shops r more popular even though their pricing is almost the same . Thanks
    if u think the price is okay for u, just buy it. need not to ask. recommended shop is for reference not a must to follow. there was a lot of thread discussed abt recommended shop. do some searching.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    thanks

  8. #8

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    You should be looking at "not recomended" shop.

  9. #9
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    that might be quite sensitive. it is more comfortable to recommend gd shops.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    1,199

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    For recommended shops, I think mostly it's about their servicing attitude. Pricing wise maybe secondary since different customer would receive different quotes base on their relation with the shop owner or sales man.

    For me, I regularly visit OP and I like their service and prices.

    2 years ago I went to Sim Lim to ask for a camera price on 2nd level.

    When I spoke in mandarin, the "Ya Ya" uncle asked me am I a Singaporean and why do I speak in Chinese when he knows English? The price he quoted was quite high and batteries was not included, so I decided to leave the shop.

    On my way out, he cursed me in hokkien and asked me to live in China since I like to speak mandarin.

    Well... This incident had left me a bad impression on the Camera Shops in SLS except OP where I got most of my equipment from filters to camera.

    MS and CP had also left a very good impression and their prices were good.
    Let's get rolling :)

  11. #11

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    thanks for the great advise ! maybe will go down to cp later ..

  12. #12

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    AP Sim Lim anyhow quote price one. Different sales have different prices. Quite confused and always packed with foreigners...

    TK is a nice place, less packed and more exclusive feel.

    MS Color is the fav neighbourhood camera shop. Pity I stay in west, need to travel quite far.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    SLS works on higher commission... thus they will try and "cut-throat" if they can... i think if they are polite its still fine... but after they quote you a high price... and you walk away knowing what he had done... he curses u... thats really like the final straw...

    Tourist coming here would think that this country is simply uncultured... and uneducated...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    My suggestion is to never shop by price, but by the attitude of the staff there. John 3:16 at Funan and Cathay Photo has left a very good impression on me and I will be using their services again even though it might cost a bit more.

    Samuel

  15. #15
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucksoon View Post
    AP Sim Lim anyhow quote price one. Different sales have different prices. Quite confused and always packed with foreigners...

    TK is a nice place, less packed and more exclusive feel.

    MS Color is the fav neighbourhood camera shop. Pity I stay in west, need to travel quite far.
    J316 is better than MS in terms of Customer Service. J316 more polite and friendly, MS see customers..

  16. #16
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by alternatve View Post
    My suggestion is to never shop by price, but by the attitude of the staff there. John 3:16 at Funan and Cathay Photo has left a very good impression on me and I will be using their services again even though it might cost a bit more.

    Samuel
    I have gd shopping experience @ CP. feels gd to shop there.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    i really like the service at john 3:16 very good nice and polite gentlemans very willing to help u juz got my tripod from them and even my crumpler bag love their service
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  18. #18

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    i have NEVER bought any camera equiptment from SLS nor do I intend to.... just me......

  19. #19
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzer View Post
    i really like the service at john 3:16 very good nice and polite gentlemans very willing to help u juz got my tripod from them and even my crumpler bag love their service
    OT abit, is their crumpler bag cheaper?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Recommended shops for buying cameras

    Will J316 give god bargin price?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •