Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL F.C. Season XV - Rafa, come back!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL F.C. Season XV - Rafa, come back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Hahaha Benitez told to shut up.
    tas very bad.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Hicks urges Benitez to 'quit talking'

Liverpool co-chairman Tom Hicks has put manager Rafael Benitez in his place by telling the Spaniard to 'coach the players we have' rather than complain about not being able to make new signings.

The American has spoken out further after originally issuing a statement with joint owner George Gillett which said they wanted all the focus to be on the forthcoming matches and not off-the-pitch issues.

Benitez was visibly unhappy during his weekly press conference yesterday at which he refused to answer questions on anything other than tomorrow's match at Newcastle.

It is believed his frustration was borne out of a refusal by Hicks and Gillett to discuss potential transfer targets.

Benitez is also keen to secure the permanent signing of Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano but the lump sum needed to buy out his third-party agreement is proving a sticking point behind the scenes at Anfield.

Hicks, however, was in no mood to back down, pointing to the near 50million Benitez was allowed to spend in the summer on the likes of Fernando Torres, Ryan Babel, Yossi Benayoun and Lucas Leiva.

'After the Champions League final in Athens, Rafa made certain demands of us and we responded to those demands in the summer,' said the American.

'We brought in some good players and spent more money than has ever been spent before at this club.

'We now have some crucial games coming up in the Premier League and the Champions League and we want to see if we can win these games with the players we have.

'This was the message we gave to Rafa recently and I think during the international break he must have grown a bit frustrated about this.

'We told him to concentrate on the games coming up and nothing else and I guess he didn't like that.

'But, for the time being, we just need to be focused on what happens on the pitch.'

Hicks added in the Liverpool Echo: 'George and I will be over in mid-December and that is the time to talk about other issues.

'It is really time for Rafa to quit talking about new players and to coach the players we have.'

The Americans are expected to fly in to Merseyside to watch the home clash with arch-rivals Manchester United on December 16.

By then Liverpool's Champions League fate will be known - they must win their final two group matches at home to Porto on Wednesday and in Marseille a fortnight later - and that will undoubtedly have an impact on the money available for January signings, although Benitez has already been told he must sell before he can buy.

The power struggle is the last thing Liverpool need ahead of a highly-significant five-day spell beginning tomorrow at St James' Park.

Benitez, however, has urged his players to concentrate on the game.

The likes of captain Steven Gerrard and Peter Crouch go into the fixture on the back of being part of England's disappointing failure to qualify for Euro 2008 but their club boss will not let them wallow in self-pity.

'We will talk with them and I'm sure they will be mentally ready for Newcastle because they know it is very important for us,' said Benitez.

'I think they were okay (injury-wise).'

Ukraine's Andriy Voronin, Holland duo Ryan Babel and Dirk Kuyt, Spain's Jose Reina, Norway's John Arne Riise and Finland's Sami Hyypia all played significant parts in their respective countries' Euro 2008 qualifiers on Wednesday and will be assessed late on.

But it is the players who have not been away with their national teams who may provide the necessary impetus, particularly Fernando Torres who was left out of Spain's squad to be able to continue to build up his fitness at Melwood after an adductor injury.

'He was training normally during the week and so I will talk with him and see if he has felt anything but I think he was okay,' said Benitez, who knows how important the club's record signing is to their championship challenge.

'The pace of Fernando running behind the defenders is a key quality. Last season we had (Craig) Bellamy and now we have Fernando - players who can beat defenders.'

The manager also suggested key defender Daniel Agger is close to return after more than two months out with a fractured metatarsal, while midfielder Benayoun is making good progress with a groin injury.

'At least this week we have been training with some players and maybe this international break will give us time to play Agger or Benayoun,' he added.

'Agger is closer. He was training and is improving but after a long time it is always difficult to be sure.'

i think we will haf a new manager at the end of the season.

this is madness!

NO!! THIS IS ANNNNNNFEIIILD!!!!

SAF made the funniest joke at the expense of his old sidekick, the crazy mcClown or mcCarrot, whichever u prefer.

FA were hasty to sack Mac - Fergie

Sir Alex Ferguson is convinced Steve McClaren will bounce back from the crushing disappointment of being sacked as England manager. --- > HAHAHA!

Ferguson's former assistant at Manchester United was dismissed yesterday morning just 12 hours after a 3-2 defeat against Croatia at Wembley which saw them eliminated from the qualifying stages of Euro 2008. --- > mcCarrot deserves its. such a talented team with a Carrot as head coach, what do u expect?

Ferguson questioned the Football Association's extreme haste in getting rid of McClaren, especially considering England do not have another game until February. ---> Wise move FA!

He has already been in touch with McClaren by text message and feels the former Middlesbrough manager will revive his career. ---> SAF, hire him lor! TOK SO MUCH ONLY! NATO LA! HAHAHA

rest of the joke...

Of course he will bounce back,' said Ferguson.

'He's not the only person that's been sacked. He's young enough to come back.

'I cannot understand why they made the decision at 8.30 the next morning. They don't have a match until February.

'I just think they should have waited a little bit.'

Ferguson did however hint that he had advised McClaren not to take the job in the first place.

The advice was nothing to do with the task of managing the England team but more due to his relative youth.

'He is on the young side and I told him that at the time,' said Ferguson.

'International management is difficult and I think it is hard trying to make yourself feel as though you are busy and using your energy wisely.

'I always thought Jock Stein was a perfect age to be national team manager.

'Wherever you went with him people would come up and shake his hand. He could roll out his record in front of everyone. I just think national team managers should be experienced.'

Having briefly managed Scotland part-time in 1965, Stein had enjoyed almost three decades in club management before taking the national team job full time in 1978.

Following Stein's death in 1985 of a heart attack during Scotland's match with Wales in Cardiff , Ferguson took temporary charge of the Scotland team before joining United a year later.

i think jamie carragher will want to return to INTERNATIONAL setup once a new gaffer is found.

the saddest part for mcCarrot is that none of the English players came out to defend him after he was sacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    mum-say is?

paiseh ah... hahahahahaha
    Marseille = Mum-say....Funny hahahaha or is it cold
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

i think jamie carragher will want to return to INTERNATIONAL setup once a new gaffer is found.

the saddest part for mcCarrot is that none of the English players came out to defend him after he was sacked!

Ya now you mention then I notice .... I tink all of them are lying low lah all of them also no playing on that nite.If they start talking then the attention will come back to them then they will kana hang, skin, dried, shredder, grin into powder like carrot cake, ohh!!!!! FRIED carrot cake
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    was also wondering simi si Mum-say
    hahaha, like this oso can

i think we will haf a new manager at the end of the season.

this is madness!

NO!! THIS IS ANNNNNNFEIIILD!!!!

but Anfield is also not about buying success
    Rafa should really concentrate on building (not buying) the team and getting the best out of them, instead of complaining about money or the lack of it

Didnt we all agree at the beginning of the season that we have a solid squad (other than not enough centerback) to match anyone else and have enough depth and strength to mount assault on the various competitions?

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

Current standings:

1) Cheesecake 16 points
    2) roadrunner 13 points
    3) jfoo 11 points
    4) kelccm 7 points
    5) grumpy 7 points
    6) dfstan 6 points
    7) xen0275 4 points
    8) airfins 4 points
    9) roDz 3 points
    10) estronutz 3 points
    11) blazer_works 3 points
    12) zhapchit 3 points
    13). canew 2 point
    14). dnd 1 point
    15). mpenza 1 point

Newcastle Vs. LIVERPOOL!

St.James' Park

UPDATE here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...em/7099694.stm

1). LIVERPOOL win! 2-0 (1st Torres Last Gerrard) cheesecake
    2). Liverpool win 1-0 (1st & Last Crouch) kelccm
    3). LIVERPOOL win 4-3 (1st Benayun(spell?) & last Torres) Scaglietti
    4). Liverpool win 3-1 (1st Torres, last Gerrad) blazer_workz
    5). Liverpool win 2-1 (1st Torres, Last Kuyt) roadrunner
    6). Liverpool win 2-1 (1st: F. Torres, Last: S. Gerrard.) Canew
    6). Liverpool win 3-0 (1st: F. Torres, Last: Crouch.) airfins
    7). Liverpool win 2-1 (1st: Torres, Last: Torres) jfoo
    8). Liverpool win 3-0 (1st: Riise, Last: Torres) zhapchit

mux-sell is more likely. HAHAHAHA

basket, we facing Porto on wed. isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Rafa should really concentrate on building (not buying) the team and getting the best out of them, instead of complaining about money or the lack of it

Didnt we all agree at the beginning of the season that we have a solid squad (other than not enough centerback) to match anyone else and have enough depth and strength to mount assault on the various competitions?
    we already haf a strong team, minus the horrendous see-so-sicko and the lousy dirty kite.

but i can live with lousy dirty kite in the team. see-so-sicko mux go. he is really hazardous to my health!

so let's say rafa sells carson for a huge profit and crouch for a small profit, the balance can be used to sign mascherano on a permanent deal. we'll still b left with a little $$... maybe can get a cheap Finnish tall big defender or some other Scandinavian giants as defender.

cheap and good!

Ya now you mention then I notice .... I tink all of them are lying low lah all of them also no playing on that nite.If they start talking then the attention will come back to them then they will kana hang, skin, dried, shredder, grin into powder like carrot cake, ohh!!!!! FRIED carrot cake
    they all along know it deep inside mcCarrot is F9 la. yet they can't say he sux becos they play for him mah. u so outspoken like jamie Carragher who criticised him and see, pill never n our star defender wes brown got ahead of him in the line-up!

mcClown is rubbish through and through.

they all along know it deep inside mcCarrot is F9 la. yet they can't say he sux becos they play for him mah. u so outspoken like jamie Carragher who criticised him and see, pill never n our star defender wes brown got ahead of him in the line-up!

mcClown is rubbish through and through.
    Wes Brown = 4 EPL title

Janie Carragher = 0 EPL title

Correct boh?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post

Agreed and I feel that Rafa doesn't have the ability to bring out the best in the fringe players. He's not letting the youngsters get good exposure either. Somehow, there is a tingling thought inside me that seem to suggest that Pako Ayesteran departure played a big part in the form of the squad.
    Things I've learnt on photography
    [S5Pro][28-70 f2.8][ZF 35 f2][85 f1.4][sb800][Elinchrom D-Lite 4]

Quote Originally Posted by Noakram View Post
    Agreed and I feel that Rafa doesn't have the ability to bring out the best in the fringe players. He's not letting the youngsters get good exposure either. Somehow, there is a tingling thought inside me that seem to suggest that Pako Ayesteran departure played a big part in the form of the squad.
    Since his departure we have not been winning much games draw alot though

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Wes Brown = 4 EPL title

Janie Carragher = 0 EPL title

Correct boh?
    tas y i say wes brown is STAR DEFENDER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noakram View Post
    we're starting to turn the tide and i hope that we can continue with a victory against the magpies this evening.

even if we're lookin at a new gaffer, it will only take place at the end of the season.

rafa need to be more magnanimous in order to achieve big success, we can start off by thrashing the magpies!

Com'on boys!!!

Since his departure we have not been winning much games draw alot though
    starting to win again. steady one.

one man doesn't make the whole team! it's a team effort!

now Stevie G is nearing his best at club level(forget international! how can he play with fat lamps?!?!), we can really look up and see the stars and start to count them! HAHAHA

starting to win again. steady one.

one man doesn't make the whole team! it's a team effort!

now Stevie G is nearing his best at club level(forget international! how can he play with fat lamps?!?!), we can really look up and see the stars and start to count them! HAHAHA
    Newcastle also good at Draw too