Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL F.C. Season XV - Rafa, come back!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL F.C. Season XV - Rafa, come back!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    will Israel kelong?? Will England lose?? Whoohoo the darkest secret will be out soon. keke
    good chance israel will play out a very defensive formation. maybe a draw.

maybe take israel makan.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Liverpool midfielder Mohamed Sissoko is set for showdown talks with coach Rafa Benitez over his Anfield future. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal are lining up a 15m transfer window swoop for Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor. (Daily Express)

Thomas Sorensen's future at Aston Villa again looks bleak after he spoke of his frustration at being left out of the first team. (The Independent)

And his mood will not be improved with the news that Villa boss Martin O'Neill is ready to pay 10m to make Scott Carson's loan move from Liverpool permanent. (Daily Star)

Inter Milan have been linked with Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen, joining Manchester United, Arsenal and Fenerbahce in a growing list of admirers. (The Independent)

Chelsea are weighing up a 2.5m move for Hertha Berlin's Serbia international forward Marko Pantelic to cover Salomon Kalou and Didier Drogba should they go to the African Cup of Nations. (The Guardian)

The Blues are also ready to step up their chase for Sevilla's Daniel Alves when the January transfer window opens. (Daily Star)

Manchester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson is prepared to shelve plans to sign Heerenveen striker Afonso Alves because of work permit problems. (Daily Mirror)

And City's Swedish goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson has warned Eriksson that he will leave the club if he does not get his place back in the starting XI. (Daily Mirror)

Eriksson has also been linked with a move for Lokomotiv Moscow star Marat Izmailov. (The Sun)

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos says he will not sign any Sevilla players - despite reports linking the north London club with Freddie Kanoute and Daniel Alves. (The Guardian)

Reading want to sign Blackburn goalkeeper Jason Brown as they prepare for the loss of Marcus Hahnemann, who is currently involved in a contract row with the club. (Daily Star)

Everton have outlined their determination to retain the services of James McFadden after Celtic expressed their interest in the striker earlier this week. (Daily Record)

Scotland manager Alex McLeish claims he had to stop a closed training session after spotting some strangers, one with a camera, watching the players preparing for the crucial match with Italy. (Daily Record)

Former Wigan manager Paul Jewell has held talks with the Football Association of Ireland with regard to becoming the new Republic of Ireland boss. (Various)

Real Sociedad have turned down Chris Coleman's request to resign as coach. (The Guardian)

England's players are set to receive a bonus of 150,000, even if they do not qualify for Euro 2008. (The Sun)

Italy goalkeeper Gigi Buffon says Scotland's Craig Gordon is one of the world's top stoppers. (Daily Record)

rsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia has revealed he broke off his honeymoon in Naples in order to complete his move to the Gunners in 2004.

The 30-year-old Spaniard also said that when he was young, he used to take part in the famous bull-running festival in his native Pamplona, although he "couldn't do it now". (Daily Express)

Sven-Goran Eriksson has introduced the ancient art of Greco-Roman wrestling into his Manchester City training sessions. "Sven told his squad he used to wrestle at school and that it really helped him develop his strength as a player," a Man City source said. (The Sun)

Friendly match, Austria 0 England 1.

Crouch scores the only goal, and Owen is injured again!!
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post

can't belif it!!! NEWCASTLE SUAY TO THE MAX!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    can't belif it!!! NEWCASTLE SUAY TO THE MAX!!
    Now it would seem that Newcastle had bought a very bad deal. Rafa is smart not to bring Owen back.

Now it would seem that Newcastle had bought a very bad deal. Rafa is smart not to bring Owen back.
    to think he even contemplated signing him for 12m pounds! CRAZY!

luckily he's too expensive for us! hoooo!

it was too big a gamble to pay 12m considering his injury proness. I think he more suitable at RM where he comes on for the last few minutes. Less chances to get injuries :P

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    it was too big a gamble to pay 12m considering his injury proness. I think he more suitable at RM where he comes on for the last few minutes. Less chances to get injuries :P
    even that cameo appearance, real kuniang oso think he dun deserve.

Oh no. Now Rafa wants to sell Crouch for 10 million pounds.

Oh no. Now Rafa wants to sell Crouch for 10 million pounds.
    he lost it!!

LIVERPOOL TO SELL CROUCH FOR 10m
    Liverpool are ready to sell Peter Crouch for 10m in January, according to The Daily Mail.

The paper seems very sure of its story, claiming that 'Rafa Benitez has finally lost patience after seeing a change in the striker's attitude.'

'The Liverpool manager believes Crouch's status as an England player has turned his head, to the detriment of the work ethic that made him such a valuable team player when he arrived from Southampton for 7m in 2005.'

Blimey.

And there's more, much more.

'Benitez has instructed Anfield chiefs to secure the best possible price for 26-yearold Crouch. There will be no shortage of offers, with early signs of interest from Newcastle, Portsmouth and Aston Villa, one of his former clubs.'

Citeh were also said to be interested, but dropped out when Pool quoted them a fee of 15m.

'Sportsmail understands that Crouch is prepared to dig his heels in and see out the remaining 18 months of his contract if Liverpool insist on 15m. It seems likely the club will have to lower their sights to around 10m for a New Year deal to go through.'

MOMO CONSIDERS LIVERPOOL FUTURE
    Better news for Pool fans is the Mail's claim that Momo Sissoko is also considering his future at Anfield.

The midfielder has lost form and fans in the past six months and has been demoted to fourth-choice behind Javier Mascherano, Xabi Alonso and Steven Gerrard.

'He wants to grill Benitez over his standing and is ready to demand a move in January if the manager cannot convince him he will have a more active role in the second half of the season,' the newspaper asserts.
    oh no!!!!

sell see-so-sicko is ok. wise move. hahaha

selling kite n see-so-sicko is the bestest move ever.

REINA IS THE BEST - CARRAGHER

Jamie Carragher believes Jose Reina is one of the world's top three goalkeepers, underlining why Liverpool will not give England new boy Scott Carson the chance to salvage his Anfield career.

In fact, Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has put the ball into Aston Villa's court and offered them the opportunity to make Carson's season-long loan at Villa Park a 10m permanent move.

Benitez acknowledges the problem for Carson, who is clearly too good a 'keeper to sit on the bench as understudy to Reina but is not considered a better bet as first-choice ahead of the Spaniard.

That scenario has prompted Carson's advisors to secure loan deals at Charlton and now Villa over the past two seasons, and he will now almost certainly leave the club either in January or next summer.

He may have been named for his full England debut in Austria on Friday night, but Carragher makes the Liverpool view on the situation clear, saying: "Pepe (Reina) is the best goalkeeper I have ever played with."

The Spanish stopper has again established himself as one of the top 'keepers in the country this year, keeping seven clean sheets in Liverpool's 12 Premier League games.

After winning the Barclays Golden Glove award for the second season running last term, Reina's reputation continues to soar, and that has been continued bad news for Carson.

Carragher says: "I've always thought Pepe is a great goalkeeper. I have been here at Liverpool a long time now and he is the best 'keeper I've played with.

"He has beaten some records at this club already and that is testimony to what a top class goalkeeper he is.

"For me he is in the top three in the world. I think Cech, Buffon and Pepe are the best around and you can put them in any order you want, there is not much difference between them.

"It is great as a defender to have a goalkeeper you can trust and who you know you can rely on. I think if we were nervous about the goalkeeper and worried that any mistake you made would end up as a goal, then it would affect your play."

Now Benitez insists he will not stand in Carson's way if he wants a permanent move to Aston Villa. But he will not be cheap.

Despite the American takeover of the club and supposed big transfer funds, Benitez knows he must increase his own budget significantly and Liverpool will want 10m for Carson.

Carson has made no secret of his desire to pen a long-term deal with Martin O'Neill's men.

Benitez understands Carson's frustration after failing to establish himself as a first choice at Anfield and admits a move to Villa could suit both parties.

Benitez said: "You can understand that he wants to play. He knows Pepe Reina is top class and that it will be difficult for him to play here.

"Scott is a good professional and a nice boy. This is a crucial time in his career and he needs to play. At the moment we are concentrating on our own team and our own competitions, but Villa can decide if they want to keep the player.

"At the moment we have Pepe, Charles Itandje and David Martin as goalkeepers so we can manage the situation okay."

GOLDEN GLOVES for 2 seasons consecutive ok!!!

the problem lies in scoring goals!!!

england's destiny lies in the israel v. russia game.

kick off liao.

israel scores!

siao liao! RUSSIA COM;on!

bravehearts staring at defeat.

waseh, england really tyko.

waseh, england really tyko.

still have one more chance to buang

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    still have one more chance to buang
    let's hope croatia do them the favour.

let's hope croatia do them the favour.
    they lost to Macedonia, I am sure they are fired up to vent their frustration

oh no. mclaren will now be forced to play stevie as striker.