Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL F.C. Season XV - Rafa, come back!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL F.C. Season XV - Rafa, come back!!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    Seeing Stephen Warnock play is a bit scary haha. The way he goes into a tackle, i think he is more suited to the Blackburn game haha.
    100% commitment.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

REINA REVEALS TITLE DESPERATION

Pepe Reina says that Rafa Benitez 'will break his own head' to find a way to win the Premier League title for Liverpool.

The Spanish goalkeeper admits that the championship is the Reds' priority this season and says he would happily exit the Champions League if a Premier League title was guaranteed.

"I know Rafa well and he will break his own head to find a solution to get the title for Liverpool," said Reina. "He has the experience of three seasons in England now and knows more of what is required.

"We are all aware of how desperate the fans are to win the championship. After 18 years without doing so, for a club like Liverpool, that's only normal.

"We all wish to give them that chance to celebrate the title after so long. It's our biggest target for the season."

Liverpool are six points behind leaders Arsenal and Manchester United despite being unbeaten this season.

"People talk about prioritising, about maybe giving up the Champions League for the Premier League, and that's always difficult for a club like Liverpool to do," added Reina.

"But if you were to say to me today - 'if you give up the Champions League you WILL win the title', then I'd say 'all right, let's do it now!'"

PARRY RUBBISHES REDS RIFT REPORT

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has rubbished speculation suggesting there is a rift between Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

The American duo completed a takeover of Liverpool earlier this year and backed Rafael Benitez in the transfer market over the summer.

They have also been instrumental in pushing forward the plans for a new stadium, but a newspaper report over the weekend suggested problems had developed in their working relationship.

However, Parry has insisted the two are still working closely together to achieve their vision of a successful Anfield future.

He told the club's official website: "I've just spent a couple of days with Tom and George and both of them were in good spirits working hard together on future plans for the club.

"I wouldn't normally comment on these things but a story in one of the Sunday papers claiming there was some sort of problem between the two couldn't be wider of the mark. In fact, it's absolute nonsense."

RIISE RUBBISHES REDS EXIT TALK

John Arne Riise has reaffirmed his commitment to Liverpool and rebuffed rumours of a January switch to Aston Villa.

Riise - who has admitted his form so far this season has been poor - has declared he has no intention of leaving Anfield.

The 27-year-old has 18 months remaining on his Reds contract and has set his sights on extending his current deal.

Riise told the club's website: "There was a story about me moving to Aston Villa in January.

"I was away with the national team at the time and Liverpool are quite big in Norway so a lot of people were asking me about it. But it's completely false.

"I have 18 months left on my contract here and have no intention of leaving.

"Liverpool is the club closest to my heart and it's where I belong.

"If it wasn't for Liverpool I wouldn't be the player I am today and there is no chance that I'm going to ask for a transfer. I want to finish my career here and hopefully I can do that."

Riise - who has yet to find the net this season - has revealed his disappointment with his displays so far this term and knows he needs to improve to keep his place in the team.

"I was happy with my performances in pre-season, but when the season started I felt I wasn't reaching my true level," added the Norwegian.

"I've noticed the fans haven't been too happy with my form and rightly so.

"I'm my own biggest critic and I know when I haven't performed well. Now I think I'm getting my sharpness back and hopefully returning to my real level."
    i oso dun want him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i oso dun want him to leave.

He say he is his biggest critic.
    Score us more goals, especially those left foot screamers! we are missing them!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    He say he is his biggest critic.
    Score us more goals, especially those left foot screamers! we are missing them!
    he really miss them all by blasting over.

hahaha, good one, why didnt i think of that
    but somehow i find that he is taking fewer shots, and the shots that he takes..... goes all over the place

hahaha, good one, why didnt i think of that
    but somehow i find that he is taking fewer shots, and the shots that he takes..... goes all over the place
    tas right. i think he really not much form.

somemore harry kewell is coming back as left winger.
    competition for places is very tight in LIVERPOOL!! HOOOOOOO!!!

the problem is defenders know you have a fantastic shot and will close you down faster or block your way to the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    the problem is defenders know you have a fantastic shot and will close you down faster or block your way to the goal.
    so, he anyhow blast.

If can anyhow blast but still anyhow score will be good

If can anyhow blast but still anyhow score will be good
    anyhow blast and anyhow score, that will be stevie g. anyhow deflect oso score, babel. hehehe

anyhow deflect oso score, babel. hehehe

we need more of those

anyhow run and nothing happens --> dirty kite

we need more of those

anyhow run and nothing happens --> dirty kite

Anyhow tackle to win the ball and then lose ball immediately....See-So-Sicko
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Anyhow tackle to win the ball and then lose ball immediately....See-So-Sicko
    this is so true.

Go Figure!

The numbers that mattered this week...

0 - The number of goals scored in three of Pompey's last four Premiership fixtures at Fratton Park. The other one ended 7-4.

1 - The number of shots on target by Everton against Chelski with Tim Cahill's strike registering his first league goal of the season.

2 - The number of times that Rafa Benitez has named an unchanged Liverpool line-up in the past 12 months.

3 - The number of consecutive matches in which Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor has been denied a clear run through on goal by an illegitimate offside call.

4 - The number of weeks Wayne Rooney has been ruled out with an ankle injury.

5 - The number of times Bolton have drawn a match in their past six fixtures.

6 - The number of times Wigan have won in the league in 2007.

7 - The number of points separating the bottom nine clubs in the Premiership.

8 - The number of goals that Liverpool scored against Besiktas to set a new record for the biggest margin of victory in the Champions League.

9 - The number of hours of football in which Derby County have failed to score.

10 - The number of times ManYoo have won in their last 11 Premiership outings.

11 - The number of consecutive home wins registered by Ipswich Town after they smacked six past Bristol City on Saturday in the Championship.

12 - The number of players listed as unavailable for West Ham's 5-0 victory at Derby.

14 - The number of different back-five combinations Chelski have used this season.

15 - The age in years, plus 233 days, of Gillingham striker Luke Freeman when he became the youngest player to ever appear for the club and in the FA Cup proper when he was introduced as a substitute during Saturday's defeat at Barnet.

17 - The number of points that Derby will collect this season based on current form. The Premiership's all-time low is the 15 won by Sunderland two years ago.

26 - The number of goals Cristiano Ronaldo has scored during 51 games in 2007 for club and country.

35 - The amount, in pounds sterling, 200,000 members of the MyFootballClub website paid towards a takeover of Blue Square Premier club Ebbsfleet United.

60 - The number of consecutive matches for which Rafa Benitez named a changed line-up before rewarding the starting 11 for Wednesday's thrashing of Besiktas with another run-out against Fulham.

90 - The number of minutes behind schedule that Chris Coleman turned up for a press conference on Friday, claiming that a faulty washing machine had flooded his flat. He issued a grovelling apology after subsequent reports that he had been spotted in a nightclub until 5am.

95 - The number of points Arsenal will collect this season based on current form and also the number of points earned by Chelski in the 2004/05 season - the highest total in Premiership history.

200 - The number of matches Rafa Benitez has been in charge of Liverpool.

1001 - The number of goals Arsenal have now scored in the Premiership following their 3-1 win over Reading.

17,624 - The attendance for Bolton's match with Middlesbrough - their lowest-ever gate for a Premiership fixture, 'bettering' the record set two weeks ago for Gary Megson's debut against Aston Villa.

Pete Gill

200 matches by Rubber BuangIsTense

international break.. haiz!

international break.. haiz!
    ohh man hope the jinx dont happened again. keke.

Lucky Torres nv been called up for Spain.

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast