Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL F.C. Season XV - Rafa, come back!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL F.C. Season XV - Rafa, come back!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    haha reunion with ericsson
    waseh... england's top english gk...

paul robinson, scott carson, robert green, david james and chris kirkland.

chris kirkland no form and injury prone but i always think that he has the best natural ability.

robert green too inconsistent... really bad.

david james is ding dong but among all, i reckon he's the most agile but he's old...

paul robinson is a ticking time bomb, disaster waiting to happen. he's england's weakest link, no doubt.

scott carson is the only really outstanding english gk.

and there u go, svenny goes for the worst. maybe he can transform paul robinson with that john burridge( i think he's crap and show off) as some gk coach. it'll be something interesting.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

tas y we signed torres.

TORRES MAKES THE DIFFERENCE

Fernando Torres was the expensive difference for Liverpool as they claimed a critical victory over Fulham and maintained their unbeaten league record.

Anfield chief Rafael Benitez purred over the influence of his big-money signing saying: "That's what you get for the fee."

For Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez similar sentiments came through gritted teeth as he saw the second chance in his career to cut Liverpool down to size swept from his grasp.

Back in 1988, it was Sanchez's header that gave little Wimbledon the FA Cup at Liverpool's expense, arguably the greatest cup final shock of modern times.

How the Dons gloated over that. The long-ball boys, then from south London, had destroyed England's most successful club.

This time around Sanchez's systems and style have barely changed, and Fulham sweated and toiled at Anfield to bring Liverpool within minutes of another setback.

Had the hosts not won this one, the critics would have been written off their title dreams - and they would have been right.

But 20million Torres arrived from the bench to change all that. He scored a sublime goal of quality, movement, touch and clever finishing.

Benitez was also able to throw on Ryan Babel, 11million, and Lucas, 5million, in that dramatic conclusion and Sanchez and his men could not cope.

Sanchez then, surprisingly, claimed Torres' goal was mishit and a soft effort. He also, rightly, insisted that the blatant trip on Peter Crouch that produced Steven Gerrard's even later penalty, was outside the box.

Then Sanchez really revealed his inner-most feelings, with a half-joke that only he failed to laugh at.

Sanchez said: "It wasn't working for them. That is why they brought on three substitutes. One at 25m, one at 11m and one at 5m. There should be cap on the price of players you can bring on, maybe no more than 20m of players.

"Liverpool brought a bit of talent off the bench and it changed the game. I actually felt that Torres mis-hit his final shot, it was a soft goal to concede.

"As for the penalty, it wasn't in the box, it wasn't a penalty."

TV replays showed Sanchez was right about that, but Crouch felt it was so blatant that morally Liverpool deserved the spot-kick.

He said: "When Fernando came on he gave us something a little bit different. The penalty was borderline but I was almost through on goal, so it is a goalscoring chance."

As for Sanchez's comments on Torres, even if he got the fee a touch wrong, the more you see the goal to more outstanding it is.

Liverpool even used the long-ball game that has been an integral part of Sanchez's career as a player and manager at club and international level.

Torres took a 60-yard Jose Reina punt out of the air in one sweet movement of his chest, controlled it perfectly with his next touch and then cut Fulham open with pace, movement and a deft touch inside the near post. Soft it was not.

But maybe seeing Liverpool use the long-ball art so well, grated just a little on Sanchez, plus the fact that Benitez has riches Sanchez can only dream of.

Benitez said: "With Torres' quality, and Babel the same, that was the difference.

"I have the problem of leaving top players in the stand or putting them on the bench. But it is a good problem, Fernando came on and scored a fine goal.

"But Fernando's job is to score goals, I only said 'well done' to the whole team, they are all the same."

And Benitez revealed also that he had delayed Torres' return from a second adductor muscle injury because he did not really believe the striker's claims that he was fully fit.

Torres broke down in his original comeback against Arsenal, and now Benitez clearly thinks twice when he is assured everything is fine!

He said: "Fernando was OK to play. But I needed to be sure. For the Arsenal game, after he had been out for some weeks, he said to me that he was fully fit, he wasn't. Very soon into the game that was clear.

"Then in midweek against Besiktas he again assured me he was fit. But I was not sure.

"He said he was 100 per cent ready but I did not believe that. This time I watched him train and I knew he was fit."

And Benitez, after his 200th game in charge, added: "If we want to be contenders, we must win many games in a row. Fernando's goal was very good, real quality. But when we signed him we knew he can do things like this.

"Goals like that are what you pay big money for, it was great quality and showed tremendous skill. It is what you expect from a player of his value."

Torres' goal is one of highest quality imo. It's not just becos i'm a liverpool fan etc.. but the fact is that he has this uncanny ability to spot the area where goalkeeper least expected him to shoot. The element of surprise works. I can still remember how Dean Saunders scoring a scorcher for us in between the GK and the near goal post from the bye line. No GK would be able to save it. Good strikers knows where to hit, ask Rush and Fowler and u can see. Similarly, u hardly see Henry and Ronaldo blasting the ball right?

As for the penalty, with replay i would say the incident happen just outside the box and Crouch's momentum carries him into the box. There's definitely contact so given that the referee do not have access to replay and most people who saw it will immediately gives a penalty, i'd say it's a penalty, unless they introduce video replay.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    Torres' goal is one of highest quality imo. It's not just becos i'm a liverpool fan etc.. but the fact is that he has this uncanny ability to spot the area where goalkeeper least expected him to shoot. The element of surprise works. I can still remember how Dean Saunders scoring a scorcher for us in between the GK and the near goal post from the bye line. No GK would be able to save it. Good strikers knows where to hit, ask Rush and Fowler and u can see. Similarly, u hardly see Henry and Ronaldo blasting the ball right?

dirty kite mux go. he has less than 50% of the attributes of a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    steady lah. he having bad form at the moment. with voronin playing better now, kite have to wake up. just saw highlights and very good movement from benayoun and voronin to play off the ball and open up the fulham defence.

let him be a midfielder lor. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    steady lah. he having bad form at the moment. with voronin playing better now, kite have to wake up. just saw highlights and very good movement from benayoun and voronin to play off the ball and open up the fulham defence.
    i still think he ... cannot make it.

even if he got form oso like tat. can't change the fact that he is not in the mould of robbie fowler, mickey mouse owen or ian rush.

he is something like milan baros but at least milan baros is not only hardworking, he dare to run at opposition with his headless charging n he gets into goal scoring positions n misses them all! HAHA

but as for dirty kite... ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    let him be a midfielder lor. hehe
    change him to be an anchorman la. since he like to run here there and shackle jus abt every opposition players... hehehe

dirty kite... buey sai la... rafa made a no. of buang signings. dirty kite is 50-50.

change him to be an anchorman la. since he like to run here there and shackle jus abt every opposition players... hehehe

dirty kite... buey sai la... rafa made a no. of buang signings. dirty kite is 50-50.

Somehow, he is not ruthless enough and lack instinct.

Maybe he will do better than See-So-Sicko as a midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Somehow, he is not ruthless enough and lack instinct.

Maybe he will do better than See-So-Sicko as a midfielder.

com'on gooners! buang!!!

steve mcCarrot will use him.

and England will buang.

ENGLAND TEAM TO PLAY CROATIA - BASED ON LEAGUE PERFORMANCE

Robert Green 34.1avg.

Micah Richards 33.3 - Sol Campbell 34.0 - Jamie Carragher 34 - Wayne Bridge 34.5

Steven Gerrard 35.3 - Owen Hargreaves 34.5 - Frank Lampard 35.0 - Gareth Barry 33.8

Ashley Young 33.8 - Carlton Cole 32.6

song boh?!?! CARRAGHER is in the suggested top performing English players!

mcCarrot, suck c0ck and die!!!

steve mcCarrot will use him.

and England will buang.
    There is more chance of him playing himself at goal than to play Robert Green.
    There is more chance of him getting sacked before Owen gets dropped

Buang bUang dun shy

There is more chance of him playing himself at goal than to play Robert Green.
    There is more chance of him getting sacked before Owen gets dropped
    i would love to see England sack mcCarrot.

its for their own good.

Buang bUang dun shy
    gooners go go buang buang buang!

gooners go go buang buang buang!
    that will be great. manu supporters tonight are we?

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    that will be great. manu supporters tonight are we?
    manyoo? i will never ever root for them.

who cares abt them.

we're after the EPL titles ourselves.

cannot let gooners keep on running away with wins... after wins.

manyoo? i will never ever root for them.

who cares abt them.

we're after the EPL titles ourselves.

cannot let gooners keep on running away with wins... after wins.
    hehe. We must not depend on others.

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast