Thread: Canon SX100IS

Default Canon SX100IS

Have anyone tried this camera yet ? Do advise mi on wat u think abt this cam ! Just wan to noe more abt it . Is it considered a prosumer camera ?

Default Re: Canon SX100IS

Just went to the bargaincity website .. saw the Fuji Finepix going for 399 with loads of freebies . Seems to mi the specs like almost the same as Sx100IS .. Do give me suggestions ok ? Very much appreciated

I don't own this camera but I've hands-on on it. This budget model has a 10x zoom in its little body. Reminds me of Lumix TZ series. Tried some shots so far in the shops, and from the LCD, it looks pretty ok (anyway, all pics look ok on LCD!)

Read some of its previews, I think this cam is more for day-shooters with a penchant for long zoom. Since you're using the Powershot, I think the menus should be quite familiar to you. Why not you go down to the shops to have a hands-on? Maybe you'll learn to like (or dislike) it.
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

yup I had my hands on alr .. feels pretty gd to me .. but just wan to hear more reviews from users abt it first .. just wondering if the finepix s5700 or canon sx100is is a better buy .. thanks

That would depends greatly in how you want to use them. The Fuji 5700 is a bridge cam, something sized like a SLR; whereas the Canon is a pocketable little cam.

Size apart, the Canon has the stabilizer, which would come in useful when you use the longer range of your cam.

Quote Originally Posted by kultchris View Post
    but just wan to hear more reviews from users abt it first .. just wondering if the finepix s5700 or canon sx100is is a better buy .. thanks
    The fairest comments would come from users who own both the cameras. But I think it would be quite remote. Till then, there are independent user reviews on these two cameras. But most of all, like cars, there are no truly lousy cameras around these days. It's just what you feel most comfortable about it. Happy hunting!

ok ! thanks . hope to find time to go down to the shops later though . Den maybe I can check out the Fuji one as well ... thanks