Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Lessons

Default Guitar Lessons

Anyone knows where to learn the guitar??

yamaha music school =)

nice place to learn music

Try attitude music.
    its a sch ran by shaun aka yong bang b4 he got famous.
    the place's changed since i last had my lessons almost 2 yrs back.
    think they moved to a bigger place.

Their website
    Last edited by Mystix; 7th May 2003 at 09:02 PM.

I have a group of musician friends from the philippines and they are pretty good. They charge $100 for four lessons(3 hrs per lesson). Once every sunday, if you are interested, you can PM me for their contact number. They play mostly oldies like The Beatles, The Bee Gees and Simon & Garfunkel.

Default Guitar Lessons

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced guitar for beginners and where to get it.

Thanks!

Default Re: Guitar Lessons

Originally posted by dragos
    Anyone knows where to learn the guitar??
    What kind of guitar lessons are you after? Classical? Eletric?

Originally posted by alba
    Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced guitar for beginners and where to get it.

Thanks!
    What type? Classical? Eletric?

Classical...

Classical...
    Peninsula basement? yellow pages?

Default Renner Piano

Hi

You can try out renner piano co.
    They carry quite a number of quality spanish made classical guitars at very reasonable price.
    I got my alhambra 2C from them at 300SGplus only.
    Elsewhere online seels for 300US

i also feel like learning . i wanna play like nuno(let see how many people know him).

Thanks!
    music plaza at Plaza Sing was having sale for most stuff...dunno if still on.
    Yamaha Guitars all got discount... from $90 - $700+
    Yamaha's folk guitars are all quite nice.
    go check it out.

Yamaha Music School is good.... but its for really serious ppl. They start from all e way from e theory and they're expensive. But they really ground u in e basics and music theory. Ppl who juz wanna learn how to play a song from Chords may not wanna go there.

pm me if u looking for guitar teachers or drum teachers... i've friends who give private sessions. They're ppl with qualifications who'll teach u wat u want to noe based on ur exp and needs. I'm currently learning latin percussions from one of em.

peinsula plaza some where.. at the basement has one.. quite a gd.. one..

brash basar also.. the place with multi story Popular

Ha ... didnt know that there are so many photography-enthusiast who are interested in music making too! But, it is EXPENSIVE to maintain two hobbies, esp for photography and guitars ... I juz went yesterday to Sinamex to look at some nice Taylor guitars ... wow, the sound is soooooo fantastic. BUt the price also fantastic ... ($1800 to beyond $4000) ... only the Baby Taylor Series is within the affordable range of around $400-600 ... but they sound great too!

Back to the original question abt learning guitar ... I always believe in getting the basics right. I started from classical guitar in 1984 and then moved on to steel string acoustic ... now also play a little of electric guitar and bass. The foundations in music theory is useful in whatever form of music (or instrument) that you pursue latter.

Good to learn the hard way and pick up music theory from established music schools. Later, at immediate/advance stages, you can then look for private lessons with performing musicians or sessionist ...

For buying guitars, try NOT to buy those ultra cheapo ones <$100 ... they go out of tune easily and the frets are not accurate as well ... buy one of those established brands during sales and a decent beginner's guitar shd cost ard $200 max.

zen - I have a Alhambra 4P bought many years ago from this guy called LCK! Didn't know that somebody else is selling Alhambra guitars now.

theres one @ south bridge road

its called Yong Bang Yin Yue Shi!

HOCL- Yeah another alhambra user! I used to like the tone of my 2C until the day when i heard the 8C at Renner. I patronise them quite a lot because the prices they charge are very reasonable.

I think they have a website at www.renner.com.sg

Probably you can try out their Maton Guitars as well.. i did a quick search on the internet and found that some guitar players said Maton is on par if not better than Talyors at the same price range.

Me only got one comment on Yamaha Guitars... they are made in Taiwan...

Default Nuno....of course!!!

Nuno bettencourt....more then words....

Jason Becker...

Malmsteen......etc.....

Of course.......these guitarist plays tunes and licks which were music to my ears.....while i was in poly...

Must got these guitar licks to do my maths!!!!!

regards,
    Sulhan

Still own 2 electric guitars.......one antique(Swee Lee Offered 2K for it....an old fender)
    and one newone bought in Australia....on my honeymoon....heheheh!!!....

xen - Thanks! One more shop to visit. Didn't realised that somebody sells Maton guitars here as well! Matons seems quite popular in Australia (bcos local pdt?) ... Tommy Emmanuel, a fantastic Australian guitar player, uses Maton guitars ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast