Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Crumpler users....please help.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    227

    Talking Crumpler users....please help.

    It is an embarassing situation I am in.....

    (1) Bought the Tallee yesterday. At home, I shortened the shoulder strap to a suitable length but then I realised that I dont know where I can slip/hide the excess length.
    Pic 1:
    http://drafting88.gallery.per.sg/gal...bum02/PICT0009

    (2) Then, there is this strap with one end of the buckle on the shoulder strap. I was told by one kind CSer that it is needed if I want to turn the bag to a back pack. If not, I can always hide it under the shoulder pad.

    (3) About the shoulder pad itself and based on the attached pic, should it be worn with the logo facing outside or the reverse?
    Pic 2:
    http://drafting88.gallery.per.sg/gallery/album02/bag

    As you can see, the crumpler is a headache for me. . If there is a correct way for me to use the bag, please enlighten.

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2

    Default

    (1) just tie it up upon on itself OR hunt around and buy some nifty gadget to help suck up the extra length (function similar to those circular earphones keeper-coilers) anyway i have not come across such nifty gadgets yet.

    (3)who cares!!! unless u r a fashion police

  3. #3

    Default

    U are not alone....
    After I bought my crumpler and went back home... I realised that I dun really know how to wear it.....
    So I went back to CP to ask the staff to show me how to wear....
    So maybe U can do that too....

    Anyway... juz to let U know that the padded thingy with the logo is NOT supposed to be on Ur shoulder but its supposed to be in front at Ur chest...... then the extra strap with the clip is juz to secure Ur bag so that it doesn't swing that much......

  4. #4

    Default

    Originally, the extra strap was made for bike messengers so that they could have their bag secured on their back.

    Ummm after slinging the back across your shoulders, the strap should run from quite low under your other arm to attach to the main strap somewhere around your chest area. It should look like an inverted Y from the front if do you this right.
    Last edited by Meanie; 5th May 2003 at 11:33 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Crumpler users....please help.

    Originally posted by drafting88
    It is an embarassing situation I am in.....

    (1) Bought the Tallee yesterday. At home, I shortened the shoulder strap to a suitable length but then I realised that I dont know where I can slip/hide the excess length.
    Pic 1:
    http://drafting88.gallery.per.sg/gal...bum02/PICT0009

    (2) Then, there is this strap with one end of the buckle on the shoulder strap. I was told by one kind CSer that it is needed if I want to turn the bag to a back pack. If not, I can always hide it under the shoulder pad.

    (3) About the shoulder pad itself and based on the attached pic, should it be worn with the logo facing outside or the reverse?
    Pic 2:
    http://drafting88.gallery.per.sg/gallery/album02/bag

    As you can see, the crumpler is a headache for me. . If there is a correct way for me to use the bag, please enlighten.

    Thanks a lot.
    share your headache. still figuring what to do with (1) & (2).
    what's this 3rd leg mentioned in the catalogue? Mine is the company embarassment - the name speaks for itself..

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    for 1st, the way i did is make it turn a small round shape... too bad dun have digital cam now, can't snapshot n show u

    Originally posted by xin
    ....

    Anyway... juz to let U know that the padded thingy with the logo is NOT supposed to be on Ur shoulder but its supposed to be in front at Ur chest...... then the extra strap with the clip is juz to secure Ur bag so that it doesn't swing that much......
    though it's not supposed to be on shoulder, but i think it's up to the person. i still prefer it to be on my shoulder than chest, coz i seldom use the 3rd leg

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Try this link
    http://www.timbuk2.com/faq/faq.html

    go to the Features Section and see under the question "What is the cross strap for?" Click the link for cross strap.

    This is how they said a messenger bag should be worn.

    Hope this helps

    Cheers

  8. #8

    Default

    Good URL there

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    East SG
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: Crumpler users....please help.

    Originally posted by drafting88
    It is an embarassing situation I am in.....

    (1) Bought the Tallee yesterday. At home, I shortened the shoulder strap to a suitable length but then I realised that I dont know where I can slip/hide the excess length.
    Pic 1:
    http://drafting88.gallery.per.sg/gal...bum02/PICT0009

    (2) Then, there is this strap with one end of the buckle on the shoulder strap. I was told by one kind CSer that it is needed if I want to turn the bag to a back pack. If not, I can always hide it under the shoulder pad.

    (3) About the shoulder pad itself and based on the attached pic, should it be worn with the logo facing outside or the reverse?
    Pic 2:
    http://drafting88.gallery.per.sg/gallery/album02/bag

    As you can see, the crumpler is a headache for me. . If there is a correct way for me to use the bag, please enlighten.

    Thanks a lot.
    use black tape!!!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    227

    Default Re: Re: Crumpler users....please help.

    Originally posted by BoXXer
    use black tape!!!
    I have that idea too.......

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Originally posted by Deep5
    Try this link
    http://www.timbuk2.com/faq/faq.html

    go to the Features Section and see under the question "What is the cross strap for?" Click the link for cross strap.

    This is how they said a messenger bag should be worn.

    Hope this helps

    Cheers
    Thanks deep5.

    So, the Crumpler's Tallee is supposed to be sling across the shoulder?

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Yes, a messenger bag is supposedly worn like dat. It is the whole purpose of its invention.

    U might have seen bikers wearing messenger bag in Jackie Chan's movie " The Tuxedo" or the TV series "Dark Angel ".

    For the extra length.. mebbe u can fold it and tied it using those rubber band thingy that girls (..and long haired dudes) use to tie their hair? They come in different colors.

    Cheers

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Thanks....but the Tallee is supposed to be a photo bag!
    I am a goner with this bag but it is beautiful.........

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    36

    Default

    hehe
    its a messenger style bag adapted as a photo bag lor...
    Both are basically just slingbags.

    I dun think the problems are that big that u can't use the bag absolutely.

    Enjoy your bag.. now u can look even cooler when hunting photos

    Cheers

  15. #15

    Default

    heh thankfully someone showed me how to carry a crumpler if slung across chest together with the third leg..... hmmm but personally i find this position a bit uncomfortable bec of the pressure on the chest..... but then again it keeps slipping off my shoulders if i carry the normal way....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •