Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setting up a studio

Default Re: Setting up a studio

Yeah, talk to Chris from CP or Mr Ho from Ruby. The uncles will offer good advice.

Well, if you got the bucks to spare, go for pro-foto, if not bowen or elinchrome lor. You probably would want to consider getting a MF camera like a mamiya if you are serious about fashion. Not that a DSLR will not suffice, but it will allow you to shoot in larger formats. For that, you will need a digtal back like a a redleaf or capture one. That's another 15-20k. You are looking at a total investment of about 30-50k plus just purely on equipments. and yes, please do ask yourself if you really need to set up a studio?

I'd rather rent if I were u there are plenty of studios u can rent that are 3-4000sqft with a host of pro eqpt even digital backs ! They cost abt $1k/day, simple set ups cost only $40-50/hr.

I had a studio once when I was young and full of zest but gave up 1 yr later cuz as u horne your skills comes the need for more pro eqpt that will cost an arm and a leg from 50k up wards ! So unless u are born with a silver spoon, I'd suggest renting best part u don't have to maintain/upgrade ur eqpt and on slow months u can pack ur bags n go for holiday ! haha

Also 800sqft is really small unless u r running a makeover studio this size will not serve u well for fashion/commercial.

Below is my link as a professional shot in various studios including mine which was 700 + sqft LoL other shots were done in studios 4-5000sqft onwards even up to 10000 sqft !

ps: I've a studio stand still stuck in my store room 8 ft from italy any studio owners wanna grab it cheap ? LoL

You can also try the lighting from Germany brand "Multiblitz", Visit the web
    They are very good lighting, warranty three years! Agent is Stanley Lim Colour Center. Location : 122 middle road, Midlink Plaza, #02-03, S'pore 188973.
    Contact number : 96383643 Stanley, he is very experience in studio settup or you may call 98583502 Joanne if you can't get him.

Or get Alien Bees. They are in expensive but very high quality. Only problem is, you will have to arrange shipping with them. Do a google on them and then google reviews on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12