Thread: Copyright Issues

Default Copyright Issues

I want to upload photos. Is there anyway that i can prevent others from taking my photos and using them without consent?
    Sony DSC-H2....its not the power of the camera, its the vision of the photographer....

Default Re: Copyright Issues

Create a watermark at the side of ur photo.How distracting is up to you.How crude or good is also up to you.U can simply use Paint to write a text "coyright -----" or use Photoshop to insert a translucent watermark

The only best way to prevent people from stealing your photos is to not post them online.

vince123123
    Guests

These ways have been discussed many times, and at the end of the day, the conclusion is that whilst you can create barriers, you can't prevent them completely.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    These ways have been discussed many times, and at the end of the day, the conclusion is that whilst you can create barriers, you can't prevent them completely.
    Agreed. However, you'd be glad to know, layman are easily discouraged by small barriers of which many do now know how to overcome. So a barrier is effective is this sense. But if you think about it, those who would want to steal your photos aren't your everyday layman; if they are out the get it, they'd have to tools for it.

Well, maybe you can start off with a flash envelope and if u wanna, you can mix in a little XML sprinkle a little PHP and top it off with ASP^^. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by hairygorillaz View Post
    I want to upload photos. Is there anyway that i can prevent others from taking my photos and using them without consent?
    Use a low quality, keep the size small and use watermarks (splash a signature onto the pic)
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

What size should i resize to?
    Sony DSC-H2....its not the power of the camera, its the vision of the photographer....

Quote Originally Posted by hairygorillaz View Post
    What size should i resize to?
    640 x 480 is good enuff for web, but not enuff for printing...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Ok. Thanks for the input.

best way is to always pursue if infringed upon. and if those who know how to pursue can do a write-up which will be useful for the others.