Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DSLR or Prosumer?

Default Re: DSLR or Prosumer?

indeed, i am very much bias for DSLR.

perhaps cus i ve been using one all along (cosina, minolta 700si, now canon 30D).

perhaps cus i played w my fren's panasonic z20 (which i believe is a few yrs old technology already) and didnt like it. jus find that critical adjustments (shutter, aperture, ISO) are not readily accessible.

of course, both ve their pro and con. else one wouldnt even exist.

as for starting w a prosumer and upgrading later to a DSLR (eg, better control, image quality at hi ISO etc) or buying a DSLR and "downgrade" to prosumer (weight issue, easier for non shooting family members to use etc) is a tough question.

cus changing later will almost definately incur financial lost.

i fish too. both fishing tackle and photo equipment, if cant control BBB virus, both hobbies will surely and sadly degrade into wat my sifu call, "The Sucker's Game".
    Last edited by attap seed; 9th November 2007 at 01:35 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by attap seed View Post
    cus changing later will almost definately incur financial lost.
    well the way i see it, it's the cost for "insurance" if you go the prosumer to dslr path

better than buying into dslr straight and realising it is not for you and selling it off, because you won't use it anyways

truth is, at the end of the day, unless you die die must sell off prosumer, you don't lose anything actually. in fact, a dslr user would sometimes still use a prosumer, but a person who finds that photography is not for him, would definitely not use a dslr.

After much consideration, I finally decided to go for a Prosumer, the Canon S5 IS. Irresistible price at $630

Thanks all for advising me along the way, appreciate that

Think in the line of

Speed :
    I use my D70s to capture my 4 year old daughter that never pause for 1 second, quite successful.
    Using my prosumer CP8400, HOPELESS !
    By the time the camera click, my daughter is in another far corner of the house.

Noise :
    In low light situation , I can bump up the ISO to 800 of the DSLR and still get a decent photo.
    With prosumer, anything capture in ISO 400, I would just dump it in the recycle bin !

Cost :
    The different between the high end prosumer and the entry level DSLR is so minor nowadays.
    S5IS - $630
    Entry level D40 kit set - $850 in TK or MS colour.

Size :
    When I need to go on family holidays, that's when the size of the DSLR bother me when I need to carry my daughter water bottle, thermal flask etc etc.
    The prosumer : Just slip it in my pocket.

So ask yourself : Picture quality and speed is more important to you, or the size of the camera ?

Quote Originally Posted by BUZ_BUZ View Post
    Think in the line of
    Speed :
    I use my D70s to capture my 4 year old daughter that never pause for 1 second, quite successful.
    Using my prosumer CP8400, HOPELESS !
    By the time the camera click, my daughter is in another far corner of the house.
    That depends not only on the camera, but also largely on the lens. You've got to have the right lens at the right time. Thus a dSLR users usually have this soft spot to BBB virus.

I also learnt this the hard way - if they're hyperactive, might as well use video instead!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123