Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the feet thread?

Default Re: What happened to the feet thread?

Remember the last hoo haa that was caused when someone placed a photo of someone letting their dog "take a dip in the reservoir?" sigh...... sometimes I cannot understand what some people are thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    someone posted photos of a woman walking barefoot in a reservoir saying that her dirty feet are in our drinking water.
    Seriously? And a big fuss was made over it? Awwww manz...kinda reminds me of a passer-by outside one of those 'super condom' stores along Lucky Plaza. The person did a double take, looked stupified and asked her companion in a unsteady and indignant voice if 'such things' were allowed in Singapore and went on to add something like 'How come ah? Where can? Should be illegal!'. I guess that person never heard of the Big G and that there was even ... GASP! HORRORS OF HORRORS! ... legalised prostitution in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Seriously? And a big fuss was made over it? Awwww manz...kinda reminds me of a passer-by outside one of those 'super condom' stores along Lucky Plaza. The person did a double take, looked stupified and asked her companion in a unsteady and indignant voice if 'such things' were allowed in Singapore and went on to add something like 'How come ah? Where can? Should be illegal!'. I guess that person never heard of the Big G and that there was even ... GASP! HORRORS OF HORRORS! ... legalised prostitution in Singapore.
    or remember that thread about the ghostly sushi chef?!

nope seriously someone started a thread making a about it. he pulled it after he got made fun of. coz it was implied that he was from stomp lol.
    That's about the funniest statement I've heard in a while. It's funny cos it's so true!
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

someone posted photos of a woman walking barefoot in a reservoir saying that her dirty feet are in our drinking water.
    Alamak! We ARE drinking the reservoir water?................

HS

Arrow Re: What happened to the feet thread?

Why the white noise, Newater is Jamban(Toilet bowl in malay) Juice and there's a big deal about someone walking barefooted.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Why the white noise, Newater is Jamban(Toilet bowl in malay) Juice and there's a big deal about someone walking barefooted.
    Alamak! These people dare to spoil our drinking water with their faeces and pee too? And some are even selling my pee water?

Quick! Someone call police!
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Only barefoot?

Other parts not bare?

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    BBDC water is Newater! yucks!!!

I have not seen the thread myself, but I feel that the TS should not be ridiculed for trying to sensitize others to the need to be proud owners and guardians of our water resources.

Even though it may be true that there are countless other sources of pollution to the raw water in our reservoirs (including pollution to the water while it's on its way to the reservoirs via drains and canals), we can each do our part to ensure that our waters can be treated affordably to produce potable water.

In any case, it is an offence under the Public Utilities (Reservoirs and Catchment Areas) Regulations 2006 under the Public Utilities Act for a person to enter the reservoir without prior approval.

I also feel that the general scorn for Newater that I perceive from some of the posts here is very inappropriate. We should, instead, be proud of the fact that our success in ensuring the sustainability of our water supply via water reclamation has enabled us to be self-sufficient when our water agreements with our neighbouring country expire. Let's celebrate and be proud of our achievement, rather than disparage it.

Cheers to all!

I havn't seen the thread myself, but from what I can gather, it may have been a case of wanting to super-over-sensitize, and acting from a moral high-ground without a balanced perspective. Afterall, the urine and defacation and general decay that fish, terraphins and the sheer range of biodiversity puts out in the reservoirs, I am sure, far outweighs the possible bacterial infection that one pair of feet wading in the water would do. And that's not counting what the drainage systems bring in. Have you actually been inside our sewerage system, or even seen the insides of a covered drain? I have, and believe me, you don't ever want to be there if you had a choice.

I don't think we actually scorn Newater. I am sure many CSers here have willingly drunk it at NDPS and numerous public occassions. If it was true scorn, you would know it immediately for the words chosen would not be so forgiving and light-hearted. Remember, it was another country that ridiculed and scorned us. We just learnt to laugh at ourselves a bit more and in our hectic and frenzied world, are probably more sane for it. I think that could actually be a a healthy thing to do sometimes.

Now, why are those stores selling sex stuff still along Lucky Plaza ah? How can, ah...an...an...and, *GASP* you mean there...there are still pros...pros....pros-ti-tutes in Sin-ga-pore? Oh NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo...what is the whole world coming toooooo? *FIANTZ*

Quote Originally Posted by chromodynamics View Post
    I have not seen the thread myself, but I feel that the TS should not be ridiculed for trying to sensitize others to the need to be proud owners and guardians of our water resources.

Even though it may be true that there are countless other sources of pollution to the raw water in our reservoirs (including pollution to the water while it's on its way to the reservoirs via drains and canals), we can each do our part to ensure that our waters can be treated affordably to produce potable water.

In any case, it is an offence under the Public Utilities (Reservoirs and Catchment Areas) Regulations 2006 under the Public Utilities Act for a person to enter the reservoir without prior approval.

I also feel that the general scorn for Newater that I perceive from some of the posts here is very inappropriate. We should, instead, be proud of the fact that our success in ensuring the sustainability of our water supply via water reclamation has enabled us to be self-sufficient when our water agreements with our neighbouring country expire. Let's celebrate and be proud of our achievement, rather than disparage it.

Cheers to all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    I havn't seen the thread myself, but from what I can gather, it may have been a case of wanting to super-over-sensitize, and acting from a moral high-ground without a balanced perspective. Afterall, the urine and defacation and general decay that fish, terraphins and the sheer range of biodiversity puts out in the reservoirs, I am sure, far outweighs the possible bacterial infection that one pair of feet wading in the water would do. And that's not counting what the drainage systems bring in. Have you actually been inside our sewerage system, or even seen the insides of a covered drain? I have, and believe me, you don't ever want to be there if you had a choice.

I don't think we actually scorn Newater. I am sure many CSers here have willingly drunk it at NDPS and numerous public occassions. If it was true scorn, you would know it immediately for the words chosen would not be so forgiving and light-hearted. Remember, it was another country that ridiculed and scorned us. We just learnt to laugh at ourselves a bit more and in our hectic and frenzied world, are probably more sane for it. I think that could actually be a a healthy thing to do sometimes.

Now, why are those stores selling sex stuff still along Lucky Plaza ah? How can, ah...an...an...and, *GASP* you mean there...there are still pros...pros....pros-ti-tutes in Sin-ga-pore? Oh NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo...what is the whole world coming toooooo? *FIANTZ*
    besides it was someone who was looking to make a mountain of a molehill....there might have been an underlying reason why that fellow started that thread...why i'm not gonna speculate. though i do commend chromo for trying to turn a negative into a positive
    Last edited by garou12; 8th November 2007 at 03:06 PM.

The 'negative' as claimed was us, our threads and our 'ridiculing'. I don't think we were truly negative. I've seen far greater degrees of negativity, viciousness or the herd mentality in the forums that actually had the potential to do damge, or did.

It wasnt really aimed to ridicule, more to make light of something funny, cs is getting so heated these days, so a bit of laughter seemed appropriate. No offense intended to anyone, if you cant learn to laugh at yourself sometimes then its no good laughing at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12