Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Investing CPF Funds.

Default Re: Investing CPF Funds.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    see?! renting is a money spinner. i've rented a 3-room flat (walking distance to MRT) for $1000 4 years back. things were cheaper then.
    for now lah.. landlords are making big bucks.

$2600 is a condo 3-room unit.. water and power bills not counted in.. my fren rent it out to a grp of malaysians who come here to work.

Actually, like most have said. Now is not a good time to buy funds. More of a good time to sell away funds. Just sold all my funds away. Wait for the market to dip first.

I invest in blue chip stocks and funds.
    Stocks are higher risk. Funds you can choose lower risk type that has higher percentage in bonds.

Avoid those general insurance companies funds as they have limited funds for you to look at.
    I have got a friend at Professional Investment Advisory Services doing for me, they have access to alot of funds and analyse and recommends based on your needs. Can do free switching of fund too.
    So far my CPF >40% SA >50%
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

Is there anyone that got burnt and lost alot of money in their cpf? i wonder..... hm....
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8 View Post
    Actually, like most have said. Now is not a good time to buy funds. More of a good time to sell away funds. Just sold all my funds away. Wait for the market to dip first.
    yup prices are high now
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

Quote Originally Posted by SianZronG View Post
    Is there anyone that got burnt and lost alot of money in their cpf? i wonder..... hm....
    my dad lost a couple hundred k, or close to that sum. but eventually broke even after years and years of holding on to the right shares

now he only trades very small time, and makes little bits from small increments, i.e a few cents profits sell already.

if you go to the library, there's a book called CPF, social insecurity of the millenium or something, have a read into it. quite thick, but it showed the role of CPF in the past, right now, and the future, and had some interesting stats of quite a large percentage of people ended up losing money investing their CPF, and how another large percentage breaking even only, and a small percentage actually making winnings.
    chezburgr i can haz?

Sorry newbie here on using CPF to invest.
    Where/how to open a CPF Investment Account?
    Banks/Stock broking firms/remisers/or CDP?
    Can do online?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Minimum $20K in your CPF-OA. The $20K is to be locked in at all times.

Anyway, the usual talk is to "Buy low, sell high" but how low is low? How high is high?
    When prices of UTs are like a dollar twenty, some ppl say, "Wait till drop until $1."
    Now its like $2+. People say, "Wait till drop somemore."

If one's going on long term investment, timing the market is the most horrible move one can do IMO.

Most people here I believe do their own investments on fundsupermart.com, but if you've got a good and trusted friend who is an Independent Financial Planner, you can seek him or her for advice for a financial check.

P/S: Do take note that besides the one-off 'sales charge' (that ranges from 3 to 6%) which is standard to all transactions, a good IFP should never charge you anything more than that like 'service charge' and anything silly. I'd seen people saying that their Financial Planners charge them 'service charges' supposedly for 'job well done'. Its not exactly illegal but its not really right.

Forget about 'financial planners' stalking out at Bus Interchanges. Get those from independent financial houses like Professional Investment Advisory Services, Philips Capital, Fin-Ex, etc.
    well said. couldn't agree more. Long term investors don't time the market. As with most CPF investors, it is usually for long term. Let the fin planners take care of the CPF for you. They have the time and it's their jobs to do it.

Alternative site to go is www.sgfunds.com
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    Can do online?
    find a financial planner and ask him to settle it all for you. All you need to do at the most is go to bank to sign some documents to open the account and authorise the fin-planning company to do the management for you.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    Can do online?
    u can go to any bank exp.. OCBC, UOB.. tell them wat u want.

but why invest now ? do u know market is now very high ? i suggest for some drop to come.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 7th November 2007 at 06:00 PM.

you can try fundsupermart also if u prefer more control
    otherwise i recommend you seek an experienced financial planner for help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12