Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

Anyone has the details to the comp ? Webbie down need to get hold of the address. Any kind souls to put it up here ? Much appreciations

website's up

before it's down again, for the lastminuters:

SYPA 2008

The search for Singapore’s young lensman is back!

Calling all young shutterbugs between 13 and 25 years old! Let your photographic talent take centrestage and take a shot into the big league of sharp shooters. If you are a fervent believer of photographic self-expression and possess a keen artistic sense, enter your most creative and inspiring masterpieces to win fabulous prizes.

If you have a penchant for capturing buildings and architecture, zoom in on the CDL Young Architectural Photographer Award (YAPA)!

Unleash your passion for the art of photography and snap your way to an enriching photographic journey.

Submission deadline: 30 April 2008
    i have hosted the file on yousendit temporarily, the entry form is downloadable here. click on the link.

rules and regulations

1. The Singapore Young Photographer Award (Main category) and the CDL Young Architecture Photographer Award (Subcategory) are open to Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents residing in Singapore, aged between 13 and 25 as of 12 November 2007.

2. Each applicant is eligible to submit only 1 set of prints, consisting of 6 prints that must cover at least 4 of the following 8 subject matters:
    # Abstract
    # Architecture/Buildings
    # Children at play
    # People at work
    # Portrait(s)
    # Nature
    # Still Life
    # Night Scene

3. Participants who also wish to vie for the CDL Young Architecture Photographer Award in addition to the Singapore Young Photographer Award are required to submit a minimum of 2 images on the subject “Architecture / Buildings” in their portfolio of 6 prints. That is, their portfolio should consist of 2 images on “Architecture / Buildings” and 4 images on 3 or more of the other subjects stated in point 2 above.

4. The set of 6 images can be in colour or monochrome.

5. The print size for submission must be either 8” by 10” or 8” by 12”. The images must be printed by photographic lab process. Each print should be individually mounted on black mounting board. At the back of each board, clearly affix the following information:
    (i) Photographer’s name
    (ii) NRIC/Passport number
    (iii) Address
    (iv) Contact number(s)
    (v) Email address
    (vi) Subject matter category
    (vii) Title of entry
    (viii) A brief description of where and when the picture was taken

6. Each set of entry must be accompanied by an entry form. Entry forms are also readily available at SYPA Secretariat. Please see point 7 below for address. Photocopied entry forms are allowed. The Organiser reserves the right to reject entries with incomplete details.

7. Prints submitted are non-returnable. The entries must be HAND DELIVERED or MAILED with the duly completed forms to:

“Singapore Young Photographer Award”
    The Secretariat
    SAFRA Photographic Club
    c/o SAFRA Mount Faber
    2 Telok Blangah Way
    Singapore 098803

Tel: 6377 3681/2

Opening Hours: 9am to 9pm (Daily)

The submission deadline is 30 April 2008.

8. Participants can use any type or brand of film. Images shot with digital cameras are eligible. However, the prints must still be submitted (Please see point 4 above) and only hard copy prints will be accepted.

9. Images that are digitally enhanced or manipulated are allowed as long as the reality of the image is not distorted. The original negative, slide or digital files (consisting of both the touched up and the original untouched image) of prize winning entries must be submitted for verification upon notification, failing which, the entries will be disqualified.

10. Images submitted for this project must be the ORIGINAL WORK of the participants who must also own the sole copyrights to the pictures.

11. The Organiser reserves the right to reproduce any entries or use it for publication, publicity and exhibition purposes related to the Award, without payment of any fees to the author. However, relevant credit will be given to the author.

12. Images that have previously won prizes in other competitions are not allowed to be submitted for this Award.

13. The images shall be selected by a panel of judges and their decision is final. No correspondence pertaining to the selection process will be entertained.

14. Entries will be judged based on originality, creativity, relevance to the subject matters and photographic techniques. Shortlisted participants will be required to attend an interview and/or a photo shoot for final assessment.

15. The judging panel reserves the right not to award the prizes if the portfolios submitted do not meet the requirements stated in this document.

16. While the Organiser exercises due care during the collection, selection and storage of images, it shall not be held liable for any loss, theft or destruction of the images.

17. Results of the competition will be posted on the www.SYPA.org.sg website. Winners will also be notified by post.

18. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.

19. Submission of entries signifies acceptance of the rules and regulations stated above.
    have a nice day and good luck everybody. also, this is how to get to safra mount faber, if you watn to hand deliver.. a bit late to post now

safra mount faber map and bus directions
    Last edited by night86mare; 29th April 2008 at 10:50 AM.

Post Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

Hi Guys,

This is Andy from SAFRA Photographic Club. The SYPA website is up again. Do refer to the page for details like closing date/time and address to send to etc as so far these are the common questions asked. And you need to provide a border with the black mounting board around the photo.

Another common question is how to get to SAFRA Mount Faber. Well, we're accessible from HarbourFront or VivoCity. You can take bus service 131 or 145 from the bus stops on the side of either HarbourFront or VivoCity to reach SAFRA Mount Faber. I'm sorry as I'm not exactly sure how many bus stops you need to travel. But you can probably ask the bus driver.

You can also travel to Redhill MRT Station. Turn right, wait for bus service 145 at the bus stop on the side of the MRT Station. Do not cross the road. Alight at the 7th bus stop, counting the bus stop you're waiting for the bus as the 1st bus stop. Upon alighting, follow the direction of the traffic. Cross the traffic light and the colorful building is SAFRA Mount Faber. You may pass the photos to the customer service counter at level 1.

Keep the submissions coming in and cont shooting! To those who have called me over the past few days, sorry if I sound grouchy/monotonous. Was sick since the wkend.
    Last edited by Andy Tay; 29th April 2008 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    judgind will be done on 10th may we can go there to witness it, it is done in public view
    Hey Knpan what are the details of the judging? 10th may what time? At Mt Faber Safra? so results will be out pretty soon i guess haha. Just submited my photos 1st time and it's kinda exciting and met a new friend along the way
    Last edited by labla; 29th April 2008 at 11:27 PM.

When will the results be out? Heard it takes about 2 days to judge all 3000 photos in 2006.
    Canon 400D 18-55-250IS:)
    My Flickr

wow ..... today is the last day .... hearding out with my school friends at 2 today.
    Newbie with a D80 Kit

i submited long ago...

hi, Andy told me the judging will be in public view on 10th May, not sure where it is, forgotten.

2 DAYS 3000 PHOTOS!!! ok..... ahhahaha poor judges..... hope they dun die out :P

So no one knows the exact details to the final judging the time and date??
    Last edited by labla; 30th April 2008 at 04:32 PM.

Thumbs up Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    website's up

before it's down again, for the lastminuters:

i have hosted the file on yousendit temporarily, the entry form is downloadable here. click on the link.

rules and regulations

have a nice day and good luck everybody. also, this is how to get to safra mount faber, if you watn to hand deliver.. a bit late to post now

safra mount faber map and bus directions
    wow, thanks a lot night86mare! It's very thoughtful and helpful of you!

Red face Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    hi, Andy told me the judging will be in public view on 10th May, not sure where it is, forgotten.
    oic.. thanks! Hope the details of the judging will be out soon! Then we can all view everyone's photos!

Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    2 DAYS 3000 PHOTOS!!! ok..... ahhahaha poor judges..... hope they dun die out :P

So no one knows the exact details to the final judging the time and date??
    3000 in 2days?

but canon photo marathon its one thousand people and 3 themes in one day.

all with results in the same day.

yea anyone knows details for results?

i was thinking if anyone will be open enough to share their submission? since the submission is closed already anyway.

Would like to but i am worried that it will void the copyrights thing. hahahaha wadeva :P sorry :P

hmm.. not sure if anyone can clear this up. i think copyrights still belong to you according to their T&C.

Mine is in my dev art gallery

sorry over small image maybe can click on it for larger image ty
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

sure, in the end a very kind friend (thanks once again, if you see this) helped me send my stuff in

cool stuffs night86mare!

here's mine.

Last edited by drumma; 30th April 2008 at 11:24 PM.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast