1. The Singapore Young Photographer Award (Main category) and the CDL Young Architecture Photographer Award (Subcategory) are open to Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents residing in Singapore, aged between 13 and 25 as of 12 November 2007.
2. Each applicant is eligible to submit only 1 set of prints, consisting of 6 prints that must cover at least 4 of the following 8 subject matters:
# Children at play
# People at work
# Still Life
# Night Scene
3. Participants who also wish to vie for the CDL Young Architecture Photographer Award in addition to the Singapore Young Photographer Award are required to submit a minimum of 2 images on the subject “Architecture / Buildings” in their portfolio of 6 prints. That is, their portfolio should consist of 2 images on “Architecture / Buildings” and 4 images on 3 or more of the other subjects stated in point 2 above.
4. The set of 6 images can be in colour or monochrome.
5. The print size for submission must be either 8” by 10” or 8” by 12”. The images must be printed by photographic lab process. Each print should be individually mounted on black mounting board. At the back of each board, clearly affix the following information:
(i) Photographer’s name
(ii) NRIC/Passport number
(iv) Contact number(s)
(v) Email address
(vi) Subject matter category
(vii) Title of entry
(viii) A brief description of where and when the picture was taken
6. Each set of entry must be accompanied by an entry form. Entry forms are also readily available at SYPA Secretariat. Please see point 7 below for address. Photocopied entry forms are allowed. The Organiser reserves the right to reject entries with incomplete details.
7. Prints submitted are non-returnable. The entries must be HAND DELIVERED or MAILED with the duly completed forms to:
“Singapore Young Photographer Award”
SAFRA Photographic Club
c/o SAFRA Mount Faber
2 Telok Blangah Way
Tel: 6377 3681/2
Opening Hours: 9am to 9pm (Daily)
The submission deadline is 30 April 2008.
8. Participants can use any type or brand of film. Images shot with digital cameras are eligible. However, the prints must still be submitted (Please see point 4 above) and only hard copy prints will be accepted.
9. Images that are digitally enhanced or manipulated are allowed as long as the reality of the image is not distorted. The original negative, slide or digital files (consisting of both the touched up and the original untouched image) of prize winning entries must be submitted for verification upon notification, failing which, the entries will be disqualified.
10. Images submitted for this project must be the ORIGINAL WORK of the participants who must also own the sole copyrights to the pictures.
11. The Organiser reserves the right to reproduce any entries or use it for publication, publicity and exhibition purposes related to the Award, without payment of any fees to the author. However, relevant credit will be given to the author.
12. Images that have previously won prizes in other competitions are not allowed to be submitted for this Award.
13. The images shall be selected by a panel of judges and their decision is final. No correspondence pertaining to the selection process will be entertained.
14. Entries will be judged based on originality, creativity, relevance to the subject matters and photographic techniques. Shortlisted participants will be required to attend an interview and/or a photo shoot for final assessment.
15. The judging panel reserves the right not to award the prizes if the portfolios submitted do not meet the requirements stated in this document.
16. While the Organiser exercises due care during the collection, selection and storage of images, it shall not be held liable for any loss, theft or destruction of the images.
17. Results of the competition will be posted on the www.SYPA.org.sg
website. Winners will also be notified by post.
18. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
19. Submission of entries signifies acceptance of the rules and regulations stated above.