Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 417

Thread: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

  1. #321

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    wa this thread is flying fast - labla if you don't mind me giving comments i'll do it if you post up the photos somewhere else.. here a bit not so appropriate..

    just in case i forget to reply to that later

  2. #322
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Cannot rmb they still muz email you guys for the soft copy. Interview and all those to prove that the image is u all take one den result out le lo!!! sian no consolation for me 2 more points!! :P

  3. #323

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    wow. results out already meh?

    nightmare, told you ur pics were good! congrats!!! 5k leh. new body. new lenses. hohoho!!

  4. #324
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    wa this thread is flying fast - labla if you don't mind me giving comments i'll do it if you post up the photos somewhere else.. here a bit not so appropriate..

    just in case i forget to reply to that later
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/...e87e1917_o.jpg



    There Thank you

  5. #325
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    of course, but forgoing some quality. if i were the judge, i will give more time to each set leh..even though maybe i can charge ''consultation hours'' if i am a pro..but we're talking about grooming young talent.
    That is true of course. If more time is given to each set, the potential of each can then be realized. There's some photos which I believe have a greater effect the longer the time spent viewing them. Hence being so subtle, they can be easily be dismissed in a 20-second viewing timeframe.

  6. #326
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    That is true of course. If more time is given to each set, the potential of each can then be realized. There's some photos which I believe have a greater effect the longer the time spent viewing them. Hence being so subtle, they can be easily be dismissed in a 20-second viewing timeframe.
    haha but singaporeans can only whine..thats what the nwespaper said..haha nv complain to them straight lol

  7. #327
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    If my shots were selected u'll see the sun rise from the west.

  8. #328
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    haha but singaporeans can only whine..thats what the nwespaper said..haha nv complain to them straight lol
    Of course we only whine. Talk aloud and you'll be shot on the spot. My grandfather used to tell me that Singapore doctors made the best medical advances in the world by doing tonsil surgery from the back end. Everything must be 'hush hush'.

    Pardon me. Past 1am in Australia already.

  9. #329
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    If my shots were selected u'll see the sun rise from the west.
    Not really. Maybe the compass is wonky and has the directions the other way around, that's all.

  10. #330
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    westeries...
    Posts
    920

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    of course, but forgoing some quality. if i were the judge, i will give more time to each set leh..even though maybe i can charge ''consultation hours'' if i am a pro..but we're talking about grooming young talent.

    then the judge also can enjoy so many nice pics for free..



    yes... please.]

  11. #331
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Hahaha i hope the Singaporeans can only whine part doesn't refer to me :P just voicing out my thoughts hahaha oh ya join the deviant art chat room: sypa

    3 ppl there only boring :P

  12. #332
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    Hahaha i hope the Singaporeans can only whine part doesn't refer to me :P just voicing out my thoughts hahaha oh ya join the deviant art chat room: sypa

    3 ppl there only boring :P
    Heheh. I just got there. Remembered I had a DA account that was defunct for a year or so.

  13. #333
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    Hahaha I was there throughout could remember the photos that i saw here
    Haha I think mine are in the dustbin by now.

  14. #334
    Senior Member lunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,657

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Did this picture make it to the final selection?

    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

  15. #335
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    Of course we only whine. Talk aloud and you'll be shot on the spot. My grandfather used to tell me that Singapore doctors made the best medical advances in the world by doing tonsil surgery from the back end. Everything must be 'hush hush'.

    Pardon me. Past 1am in Australia already.
    hahah so what about that..must be hush hush..in the end becomes another round of quietness! hahahaha...sadded

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowywolf View Post
    very wu eng! lol


    Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    Hahaha i hope the Singaporeans can only whine part doesn't refer to me :P just voicing out my thoughts hahaha oh ya join the deviant art chat room: sypa

    3 ppl there only boring :P
    haha nono, it was an article talking generally about singaporeans. haha i'm whining too aren't i

  16. #336
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Haha I think mine are in the dustbin by now.
    Going to recycle, probably, so it's going towards a good cause. Some karang guni man will be rich picking up all these beautiful 8X12" mounted prints from the bin.

  17. #337
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Haha I think mine are in the dustbin by now.
    mine is on top of yours..

  18. #338
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    Did this picture make it to the final selection?

    lunas i saw urs but i dun think it got into the top 23

  19. #339
    Senior Member lunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,657

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    lunas i saw urs but i dun think it got into the top 23
    No chance for next SYPA
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

  20. #340
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    lunas i saw urs but i dun think it got into the top 23
    care to share what is the top 23 thing about?
    why jjust nw was 19/25?

    how many positions actually? 25 is the ''semi finalist'' or something like that ah

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •