Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 417

Thread: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

  1. #301
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowywolf View Post
    they could do the judging on 4 large LCD TV...
    with black borders..
    then the environmental activists would <3 us heaps..
    YA LORRRR....if not more paper wasted, more energy wasted in recycling our paper, more pollution, govt advertise more to take public transport to reduce pollution, then increase erp..blah blah haha jk

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    Yah...if I never were to view the judging process I'd be forever groping in the dark with these events. Anyway, this was the last chance at this competition I'd ever get in this life, so best wishes to participants for the next few SYPAs.
    i've got only one more to go..2 more years to wake up my bloody idea.

  2. #302
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post

    wonder when they shed light on the judging base on the winning entries, only much depth of study is given to those pics, while like the first 900+ managed merely a few glance after all the printing and effort to join this competition afterall.
    Can't be helped I guess. Time is of the essence for everyone.

  3. #303

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    yes but $5k is a good carrot. especially to young photographers, so much more especially.
    that is very, very true.

    really.

  4. #304
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    westeries...
    Posts
    920

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    Then we need to find a sponsor for the LCD TV.
    hehehe... the LCD tv can be used as runner up prizes too..

    after viewing the winning picz.. give the tv away too!!

  5. #305
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    i've got only one more to go..2 more years to wake up my bloody idea.
    And me got no more time. Some folk know I'm mad about this hobby and even assume my photos got some standard. But all I can do is shake my head and say, 'Really, it's not all that good.'

  6. #306
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    wa sia.. waste paper.

    hi nightmare did u win?

  7. #307
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowywolf View Post
    hehehe... the LCD tv can be used as runner up prizes too..

    after viewing the winning picz.. give the tv away too!!
    No lah...cannot. Wait kenna dented during the judging process, how?

  8. #308
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ?

    what's this 19/25 18/25

    there's a score for each photo?
    Oh NONO... they judge it on 1st impression on the overall set. not individually

  9. #309

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by noob117 View Post
    wa sia.. waste paper.

    hi nightmare did u win?
    i really don't know

    i'm just in the dark too.

    plus i'm not in sg, if got this shortlist and interview, hehehehehehe then problem liao

  10. #310

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    huh? i won 2nd?

    are yoou guys serious? dont pull my leg man.

    whats my score? anyone remembered? weak heart u know....

  11. #311
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    And me got no more time. Some folk know I'm mad about this hobby and even assume my photos got some standard. But all I can do is shake my head and say, 'Really, it's not all that good.'
    Haha f, i think yours is realli realli quite good compared to mine at least so dun give up even I who dun have a SLR is not giving up

  12. #312
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i really don't know

    i'm just in the dark too.

    plus i'm not in sg, if got this shortlist and interview, hehehehehehe then problem liao
    haha i think we should wait for official announcement

    but u got gd chance man ^^

    this thread is pretty hot.. liek IM hahaha

  13. #313
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    Oh NONO... they judge it on 1st impression on the overall set. not individually
    I'm guessing that may be the way they'd do it. Otherwise they could potentially be choosing a winner that has 3 lousy photos and 3 really good ones.

    But really, if it was 5K photos in 3 hours (assuming we got these facts right), then it'd have to be a fast one. No fussing around for days like I did with my friend for a particular wedding album. Man, even on the last day we spent hours sitting on coffee bean just deciding the layout.

    Coffee Bean must have been pleased. We bought at least two drinks each...more than a few days' worth of our salary in those days.

  14. #314
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    Can't be helped I guess. Time is of the essence for everyone.
    of course, but forgoing some quality. if i were the judge, i will give more time to each set leh..even though maybe i can charge ''consultation hours'' if i am a pro..but we're talking about grooming young talent.

    then the judge also can enjoy so many nice pics for free..

    Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    Oh ya if Andy sees this could we PLEASE get our photos back please :P
    yes... please..

  15. #315
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i really don't know

    i'm just in the dark too.

    plus i'm not in sg, if got this shortlist and interview, hehehehehehe then problem liao
    Quote Originally Posted by heckcare.der View Post
    huh? i won 2nd?

    are yoou guys serious? dont pull my leg man.

    whats my score? anyone remembered? weak heart u know....
    NIGHTMARE COME BACK 5k WAITING FOR YOU... and heckcare i realli rmb u got 2nd

  16. #316
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i really don't know

    i'm just in the dark too.

    plus i'm not in sg, if got this shortlist and interview, hehehehehehe then problem liao
    add me again to your will...hahahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by heckcare.der View Post
    huh? i won 2nd?

    are yoou guys serious? dont pull my leg man.

    whats my score? anyone remembered? weak heart u know....

    and me to your will too..haha

  17. #317
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    westeries...
    Posts
    920

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    No lah...cannot. Wait kenna dented during the judging process, how?
    wont lah.. haha
    unless the judges vomit blood and the blood splashed all over the tvs..

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i really don't know

    i'm just in the dark too.

    plus i'm not in sg, if got this shortlist and interview, hehehehehehe then problem liao
    no prob.. no prob..
    u can always send a representative..
    *coughs coughs*

    Quote Originally Posted by noob117 View Post
    haha i think we should wait for official announcement

    but u got gd chance man ^^

    this thread is pretty hot.. liek IM hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    I'm guessing that may be the way they'd do it. Otherwise they could potentially be choosing a winner that has 3 lousy photos and 3 really good ones.

    But really, if it was 5K photos in 3 hours (assuming we got these facts right), then it'd have to be a fast one. No fussing around for days like I did with my friend for a particular wedding album. Man, even on the last day we spent hours sitting on coffee bean just deciding the layout.

    Coffee Bean must have been pleased. We bought at least two drinks each...more than a few days' worth of our salary in those days.
    -laughs-
    when did they say the results might be out then?

  18. #318

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by heckcare.der View Post
    huh? i won 2nd?

    are yoou guys serious? dont pull my leg man.

    whats my score? anyone remembered? weak heart u know....
    oh no

    you also weak heart

  19. #319
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Hey guys lets not spam here can go on deviantart chatroom: sypa
    chat there easier too

  20. #320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: 2nd Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA) 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    Haha f, i think yours is realli realli quite good compared to mine at least so dun give up even I who dun have a SLR is not giving up
    Not good lah. I took it off the thread because no point having it here. Just that I need to look for other competitions now. This is a pity, because thus far the SYPA has had the broadest topic base and hence allowing more flexibility in the entries. Others I've seen are really specific. And unless you're a specialist in that area, you really don't stand a chance.

    Wildlife photographer of the Year competition, for example. Those are breathtaking photos which unfortunately most Singaporeans will not be able to produce unless traveling abroad. We could attempt some zoo photos or Botanical Garden macros, but I doubt if it'd even be able to compete.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •