Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: What's a cheap/good/fuel efficient sedan car to buy?

Default Re: What's a cheap/good/fuel efficient sedan car to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    the previous swift GTI is a much more responsive car.

the current swift sports...ermm...dont buy lah.
    That's what I think also.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

vios, fit, jazz, you wont go wrong.

as i've told you before, none of these cars can really take a baby seat 'comfortably'.
    and yours is before 1 year old baby which means your child seat has to be back facing and it will even take up more space.your front passenger seat will have to move foward.if you have tall passengers, knees might hit the glove box.

take minimum loan.try and put as much as you can.
    else, you will realise next time when you want to sell car, you may have to top up to sell it.(i'm not kiddin) a few friends of mine had faced that situation.

dont forget to include wear and tear.
    these doesnt come cheap.pads, tyres, filters....blah.
    Good advise seem that our sis here have good knowledge on car. Which car u are driving?

btw, to add on,
    vios: to have child seat back facing, ur car space will almost take out 2 seat.
    Jazz/fit: back storage too small... just bear in mind if ur baby stroller is a big one.

but above mention car do have a good FC. How about Mit Lancar? I heard quite good and spacous too. and the price is quite managable as well.

As mentioned by someone earlier, do take a look at the Latio - quite spacious for a sedan in it's class (boot is quite big too).

Also, another thing to consider (not sure it applies to Singapore) but do you need to buy the car new ? I know overseas, if you buy a 1 to 2 year old car, you can save a significant amount on the cost of a brand new car (the original owner takes the large depreciation hit for the privilege of owning a new car).

lsisaxon,

google this.you will love it.

nissan GTR

at 270k, it cost only a fraction of f430 scuderia, yet it can almost go on par with it from 0-100.

and it seats 4 comfortably!
    Here I am, trying to see if a family car is good for me and here you are trying to poison me into performance car. I'm pretty sure it will not hit even 15km/l, and 270k is way way way way above my budget for <60k... so it's out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    As mentioned by someone earlier, do take a look at the Latio - quite spacious for a sedan in it's class (boot is quite big too).

Also, another thing to consider (not sure it applies to Singapore) but do you need to buy the car new ? I know overseas, if you buy a 1 to 2 year old car, you can save a significant amount on the cost of a brand new car (the original owner takes the large depreciation hit for the privilege of owning a new car).
    Latio is more than $60k. Impreza 1.6 looks nice also but is a bit high on FC because of AWD plus it's already an old model. The 1.5 doesn't have a sedan yet.

As much as she doesn't like hatchbacks, my wife does not like the idea of a used car either.. So I'll probably get her to bear the depreciation..
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 7th November 2007 at 03:50 PM.

yup... used car cna save u huge amount of $ (~10k-20k) as new car tend to depreciate alot during the first 2 years...

bro, new car depreciate faster then used car leh... as i mention especially first 2 years. Friend of mine, bought a 2 years A6 (1.8) for only less than 60K from sgcarmart. but that is provided that you know how to inspect the car... otherwise it would be risky and turn up paying more for servicing the car due to breakdown.

take minimum loan.try and put as much as you can.
    else, you will realise next time when you want to sell car, you may have to top up to sell it.(i'm not kiddin) a few friends of mine had faced that situation.

dont forget to include wear and tear.
    these doesnt come cheap.pads, tyres, filters....blah.
    Hmmm.. there goes my D3... D3 or car... D3 or car.. D3 or car?

Quote Originally Posted by yk200 View Post
    Good advise seem that our sis here have good knowledge on car. Which car u are driving?

btw, to add on,
    Jazz/fit: back storage too small... just bear in mind if ur baby stroller is a big one.

but above mention car do have a good FC. How about Mit Lancar? I heard quite good and spacous too. and the price is quite managable as well.
    Concensus is that the Lancer GLX FC is about 12~13/l, Vios is about 14~15/l, they are about the same price, but Vios is a new model and lancer GLX is already an old model. Think Vios commands a better OMV. The new Vios is slightl more spacious than the old one and with the J model (cheapest one) with only 1 SRS airbag, I might be able to accomodate the back facing baby seat in the front passenger seat instead of the rear seat.

Comments? Darn.. I'm really new into this and most of the time I don't know what I'm talking about..

btw, to add on,

i dont wish to disclose.sorry.
    anyway, if i do, no one would believe me.

My guess.. BMW Z8? Audi TT?

lancer?

build quality cannot make it.
    i dont know about the newlancers, but the old ones, and the evos, the build quality really really cmi.

I will believe....

Since half the ppl I know don't expect me to drive a swift... they think i shld be in a m113

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Hmmm.. there goes my D3... D3 or car... D3 or car.. D3 or car?
    u actually weigh a d3 to a car?

please my dear...
    no need to think.
    CAR.

think of the convenience.

dunno about you, but i certainly would not go into photography if i dont have a car.
    there's absolutely no way i'm going to lug my gear and go public.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    My guess.. BMW Z8? Audi TT?
    haha it is ok la jeanie .. maybe one day u jio her for photo shoot outting then hide at carpark n see what car she is driving loh haha!

oh lancer & evo cmi ah? ... eh sis, u have high expectation leh.

dunno about you, but i certainly would not go into photography if i dont have a car. there's absolutely no way i'm going to lug my gear and go public.
    There's always Taxi

haha it is ok la jeanie .. maybe one day u jio her for photo shoot outting then hide at carpark n see what car she is driving loh haha!

oh lancer & evo cmi ah? ... eh sis, u have high expectation leh.
    please, i was only referring to build quality.
    it's really plasticky and everything seems to rattle and tattle.

performance wise, evo's the way to go.

other than photography, my other passion is in cars...

Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    There's always Taxi
    or get someone hand carry it for u...

Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    There's always Taxi
    incidentally, i had a friend who told me it's uch cheaper to go everywhere in a cab than to own and maintain a car.

so lsi, you might want to consider that option.

who?bangla?

ok...kiddin.

That's what PAs are for

I'm the PA with the car so normally everything is with me... strobes and gear

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast