Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying DSLR : d70 or d40x

Default Re: Buying DSLR : d70 or d40x

I have a dry box for my old film camera, thats ok right?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    D70s somehow is still having older sensor then the D50. The noise is more then the D50.
    D50 has a slightly better noise than D70s in high ISO pic ( ISO 800 and above ), this I agreed. But the difference is insignificant, really.

D50 and D70s using different image sensor ? Do you have a link that can Conclude this ?
    Maybe you can show me a link to a web site that can conclude this ?

Nice. How do YOU load it to your D70s?
    Are you challenging me ?
    FYI, there is a STICKY thread in the Nikon sub-forum that contains many useful links to questions regarding D70/D70s :
    D70 Primer/FAQ - hard work by acroamatic and other D70/D70s users.
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=97260
    There is also link to where and how to download the sreala2 curve into the D70/D70s.

If this does not satisfy you, ok, I have documented a step by step procedure in my notebook at home. I can type it out down here for YOU, no problem !

Sorry, thread starter.
    Not to hi-jack you thread here.

As I think D70s with a better 18-70 kit lens with price of less than $1000/- is the best bet.
    Since you have decided on the D40x, I will rest my case here.
    Enjoy your photography !

Quote Originally Posted by BUZ_BUZ View Post
    Sorry, thread starter.
    Not to hi-jack you thread here.

As I think D70s with a better 18-70 kit lens with price of less than $1000/- is the best bet.
    Since you have decided on the D40x, I will rest my case here.
    Enjoy your photography !
    How about a D100+MB-D100+Sigma 17-70/2.8-4 for 1100. plus all acc. in original box + 2 batteries? hehe

Its hard to find a d70s now in good condition, and even harder to get it under 1000.

I think i saw a few in the BnS a few days ago and i was so tempted to buy... No money right now though...
    I am now in the same situation as you... TS...
    Struggling between D40 or 2nd hand D70/D50

most are sold, and you also cant be sure of their condition.

I think i saw a few in the BnS a few days ago and i was so tempted to buy... No money right now though...
    I am now in the same situation as you... TS...
    Struggling between D40 or 2nd hand D70/D50

Quote Originally Posted by BUZ_BUZ View Post
    Are you challenging me ?
    FYI, there is a STICKY thread in the Nikon sub-forum that contains many useful links to questions regarding D70/D70s :
    D70 Primer/FAQ - hard work by acroamatic and other D70/D70s users.
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=97260
    There is also link to where and how to download the sreala2 curve into the D70/D70s.
    Dear BUZ_BUZ, if there is any mis-understanding, I apologise beforehand.

Nope, I am not challenging you. In my previous post I am trying to hint that to upload the Curve one have to own a copy of NIKON Capture (TS, you have to pay for that software).
    Of course one can say that he / she can use the trial version for 30 days. In my opinion, for a newbie, if he / she is not too internet savey or along the way encounter problems, the time limit can quickly pass.
    Of course, if you talk about 'CrAcKeD' Copies, I personally Do not support piracy.

And the above-mentioned simply means more work and potential more cost to the investment itself. I do see extra-time spent on configurations a cost-equivalent event.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the clarification.
    I apologise if I sound offensive too, guess I have a hot head yesterday.

You are right, it takes an extra effort to download the custom curve and load it into the camera. But once it is loaded into the camera it will be there permanently when you need it.

I have downloaded the curve into my D70s two years ago using the Nikon Capture 4 trial copy that bundled with the camera package, and it has serve me well since.

Actually, be it D70s, D50, D80s, D40/x, they are very capable camera. Just that I have been using D70s and love it, so my view may be a bit bias.
    Cheers.

vince123123
    Guests

My D100 is still functioning as my primary camera Good and hardy with no failures yet to date (except once where the mirror went out of alignment due to a shock and refused to come back down).

Quote Originally Posted by wxwayne View Post
    Isn't the d100 a little old? released in 2002, so it must be at least 4 years old! I dunno if Dslrs are built to last like the old film slrs therefore not really considering the d100, most probably getting the d40x since its so hard to find the d50 or d70s in good condition and d40 is out of production.

to me, after using D100/D80 and tried D50/70/70s and D200, D40/40x is just a toy, so inconvenient, when you change condition, you have to look at LCD!

I am still thinking D100 is one level higher then Dxx, and the shutter and body design much better! -- I have both D100 and D80, so that's my feeling

Quote Originally Posted by wxwayne View Post
    It's quite hard to find a d70s nowadays. I think I might consider a d80. Is this a reasonable price? $1350 for the body alone new. Anyone selling a good condition d50?
    it's a steal @ $1350 for d80 body.

but you may want to consider what kind of lenses you would be likely to use, based on the type of photographic themes you are getting to, - landscape, portraiture, studio, macro etc.

then decide if it's ok to buy the d40x or d50(d80 as well) when the lens to be used is AF-S or non AF-S.

Emm, some correction, D50 can take other lenses too. But not D40.
    APAD | Blog

thinks you should go for the d80, if money not a problem.
    but some comment, you die die want camera from nikon, how about other brands?
    besides, the d300 will be coming out soon, there might be 2nd hand d200 or d80 which then will be cheaper.
    i want to take great photos!!!

ace, read the front first leh. The budget is set le lah.
    APAD | Blog

ace, read the front first leh. The budget is set le lah.
    got meh?
    only saw the d80 at $1350 reasonable or not.

Err..... Why not Canon, like 400D.... you will not have the lens motor problems......

If budget is tight.. get a used D80. It brings u further..

Also.. 2 dials (on D70 and 80) very important to me.. very quick to make adjustments so you dun miss THE MILLION $$ SHOT.. hahaa..
    Last edited by LeoDaddy; 7th November 2007 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draccoyap View Post
    Err..... Why not Canon, like 400D.... you will not have the lens motor problems......
    haha, then why not sony, like a100...it's anti-shake in the camera body not the lens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast