Setup: EOS 300 standard kit with battery pack upgrade, Cir polarizer filter, remote control and tripod.
Period of use: 1 1/2 yr
Preferred use: Travel -> landscape, nature, architecture
1) Felt restricted by the current lens, not able to zoom sufficiently(short) and the photos seems not sharp(sometimes comparing with P&S).
2) Shooting in low light using built in flash is really bad.
Dilemma: Was hoping to add on(or upgrade) current setup but mindful of the costs involved.
1) Was contemplating a Tamron zoom(initially the 28-200mm but saw 28-300 later on) due to lower cost than Canon and seemingly used by quite a nbr of users. Not the best by any chance, but decent and cost effective.
2) Was advised to get a Canon 50mm f1.8 due to low cost and good quality lens at a budget. (supposedly an extra upgrade)
3) Getting a standard 70-300mm Canon lens(basic model, not the higher end ones) in order to get full range of zoom required. Again, cost was the main criteria.
4) Probably the most ex. of the lot is to get a 28-135mm IS Canon lens.
5) A low cost flash(least important right now) during low light shoot.
Would appreciate all advice given. Thank you thank you thank thank you.