Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where to do Padi course in Dec

Default Re: where to do Padi course in Dec

You can try Krabi or Phuket. It's better if you do a search and decide on a diving centre, then write to them, confirm the price and book your place. Bear in mind that you'll need to cater 3-4 days just for the course. You should confirm the duration with the diving centre.

As for the price, they varies from one agency to another. Hence, i cannot advise on that...

As for the babes....let's just say surfacing ain't that boring after all.....
    Last edited by Ah_Seng; 17th November 2007 at 07:42 PM.

Doing the course locally will be cheaper i guess. But since you wanted to do it in Dec, Singapore and Malaysia's diving season closed liao. And i really don't advise newbies doing their course in hantu. Maybe you can wait till next year April? Then you can go Tioman, Aur, Redang....

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng View Post
    Doing the course locally will be cheaper i guess. But since you wanted to do it in Dec, Singapore and Malaysia's diving season closed liao. And i really don't advise newbies doing their course in hantu. Maybe you can wait till next year April? Then you can go Tioman, Aur, Redang....
    True, but there are lots of people who learned at Hantu, though I personally wouldn't advise doing that

Swimming around in 2m visibility waters is not my idea of a fun way to spend that kind of money... waiting till next diving season would be good. Then again, I also know lots of divers who started out in Hantu, so your mileage will vary . Else, if you have money and time to spare, do it in Thailand or Bali also can lah

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post

Swimming around in 2m visibility waters is not my idea of a fun way to spend that kind of money...
    Very true indeed....

In other countries, there is such a thing as a partial license, you can take you theory lessons and swimming pool lessons locally, then with this partial cert, you can take the open water dives with a overseas dive centre of your choice.

I am not sure if such a scheme still exists, or is avaliable in Singapore in the first place.

Malaysia's usual spots (tioman, aur) are closed end of the year, you have to try thailand.

Do give P. Hantu a miss, I have dived there during some reef surveys, the conditions can be disconcerting for learner divers. My friend have sworn off diving after he tried his begginers' course at P. Hantu.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    In other countries, there is such a thing as a partial license, you can take you theory lessons and swimming pool lessons locally, then with this partial cert, you can take the open water dives with a overseas dive centre of your choice.

I am not sure if such a scheme still exists, or is avaliable in Singapore in the first place.

Malaysia's usual spots (tioman, aur) are closed end of the year, you have to try thailand.

Do give P. Hantu a miss, I have dived there during some reef surveys, the conditions can be disconcerting for learner divers. My friend have sworn off diving after he tried his begginers' course at P. Hantu.
    Ya lor, which is why I don't recommended Hantu for OW course... have a bad experience on your first few dives and you'd probably swear off diving totally, seen a few of my friends give up diving after open water

Ok, I am not going to Hantu. The name itself is a bit scary.

Thanks Gymrat, I have visited the website, the lady instructors are interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12