Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: italy trip - help appreciated

Default Re: italy trip - help appreciated

Milan Airport to Central station
    9, 41 min

Metro - Duomo (or any station)
    1, quite near, multipel trip within 70min, double check pls
    Buy Ticket at Tabacci, you can buy many for return use. Save time from looking for one and queuing.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

thanks airfin for such a detailed outline and advice given..

i am very touched that so many people are willing to share their experiences, and offer gems of advice.. and some even take the trouble to pm me when i haven't replied, just in case i missed it.

thanks all of you. clubsnap should be this way, to help each other. cheers

You are welcome ! One more point, when you go to the cafe for drinks, coffee, cakes or sandwich, have it at the bar counter prices can be 50% - 75% cheaper then you seat down at the tables!!! Always pay first at the cashier first ( Price list should be there, if there is two prices means standing and sitting price) then get the receipt and proceed to the counter and hand it to the waiter insider there. Italian don't like to queue, they like to cut queue so don't be shy ya
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

btw, for bare necessities like food, how much euros should we bring for the 10 day trip?

i have tried seraching on this but results have varied.. some sites mention 8-10 euros per meal? or should we just assume it is almost equivalent to london, where you can get (on average) 2 pound sandwiches from the local tesco's

nah dont bet on 2-pound sandwiches. if im not wrong even a pizza thingum from the roadside stall would cost at least 3 euro.
    So 8 would be safe. If you are looking for pasta or pizza at a cafe or restaurant.

budget airlines are perfectly good, but from my single experience at standstead its pretty much a madhouse. presumably you're young and can function with minimal sleep etc etc...but you'll be leaving london really late at night to arrive standstead early early, and the queues at certain periods are intimidating!!!even for singaporeans. And we got so kanchiong that cannot make the flight. Sometimes got 4 queues merge to 1 counter. chaos.

other countries budget airlines/terminals so far extremely good. Not sure about italy. but if you're heading to standstead i suggest you take 1 night bus earlier than you'd need to reach the airport. the extra time can get you to the front of the queue and save a lot of stress.

enjoy your trip! share some nice photos...am thinking of heading to italy myself next year.

Quote Originally Posted by allsmilez View Post
    budget airlines are perfectly good, but from my single experience at standstead its pretty much a madhouse. presumably you're young and can function with minimal sleep etc etc...but you'll be leaving london really late at night to arrive standstead early early, and the queues at certain periods are intimidating!!!even for singaporeans. And we got so kanchiong that cannot make the flight. Sometimes got 4 queues merge to 1 counter. chaos.

other countries budget airlines/terminals so far extremely good. Not sure about italy. but if you're heading to standstead i suggest you take 1 night bus earlier than you'd need to reach the airport. the extra time can get you to the front of the queue and save a lot of stress.

enjoy your trip! share some nice photos...am thinking of heading to italy myself next year.
    jialat
    we book bus that reaches about 2 hours before the flight

I dno, for my experience, bus rides and plane rides are really okay, its the train rides which delays alot and goes on strikes alot.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345