Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: italy trip - help appreciated

Default Re: italy trip - help appreciated

got to ask you guys..

when you go traveling, do you bring a lot of memory cards? such places sure make you trigger happy and lugging a laptop around isn't a good idea also..

Quote Originally Posted by n0eln0el View Post
    got to ask you guys..

when you go traveling, do you bring a lot of memory cards? such places sure make you trigger happy and lugging a laptop around isn't a good idea also..
    i bring my vosonic.. it is a portable hard disk media player which can read memory cards

and has a lot of space.. if you shoot beyond 20gb with 6 mgp camera, you must be scary

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    yes watch out for the Italian underground...... a traveller I had met had a plastic bag put over his head twice in Rome underground and everything taken. He only travels with one credit card for safety.
    OMG! That's terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i bring my vosonic.. it is a portable hard disk media player which can read memory cards

and has a lot of space.. if you shoot beyond 20gb with 6 mgp camera, you must be scary
    oh thanks mate
    theres 6 of us in the travel group so i guess i need a 20gb too
    this portable media player is better to buy from camera shop or sim lim square?

december should be cold?
    what special care should be taken for the cameras?
    i read that batteries that got too cold cannot start up and need to bring backup and keep warm in pocket

2 way ticket cheaper it seems
    Can consider fly back to/back from Milan actually. In that way, you can travel down south towards Rome, pompeii and then back up to Siena , venice and back to Milan.

got to ask you guys..

A portable Hdd is advisable. I think i shoot over 10gb in Italy and i'm with a tour group. Also, if you are rushing, make sure you shoot more and at every opportunity. Tour= no 2nd chance.

december should be cold?
    i read that batteries that got too cold cannot start up and need to bring backup and keep warm in pocket
    Should not be a big issue as i think Italy seldom go below 5-10 degree even in winter. When i was there in Early Dec 3 years back, it's abt 10 degrees i think. You can check up on some travel site like lonelyplanet, yahoo weather etc for details. battery is not a problem also but should always bring spare and charger. It's not that cold so wont drain off too fast. If you worry, just wrap with some clothes and put in bag.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    Can consider fly back to/back from Milan actually. In that way, you can travel down south towards Rome, pompeii and then back up to Siena , venice and back to Milan.
    ahh good idea!
    i'll take a look at the travelling time tonight
    only got 2 weeks for
    rome-vartican-siena-florence-pisa-venice-salzburg-vienna

I had been to Euro for a 23 days trip (backpacking and couchsurfering). If u need any advice in Amsterdam (4days), Milan (3days), Venice (4 days), Rome (4days), Paris (4 days) and London (4 days). Also most of UK for 3 months.

Pls let me know. And I would like to share my trip with u, as u willing to share it with me.

Cheers

I had been to Euro for a 23 days trip (backpacking and couchsurfering). If u need any advice in Amsterdam (4days), Milan (3days), Venice (4 days), Rome (4days), Paris (4 days) and London (4 days). Also most of UK for 3 months.

Pls let me know. And I would like to share my trip with u, as u willing to share it with me.

Cheers

oh thanks mate
    theres 6 of us in the travel group so i guess i need a 20gb too
    this portable media player is better to buy from camera shop or sim lim square?
    6 people?

all photographers?

if they shoot in raw then you beter get something bigger, raw fills up space fast
    i don't know, depends on the sort of brand you want.. digimate is cheapest, then you have to buy a hard disk to put inside lor but digimate has no preview so.. i do not like it

december should be cold?
    nah, italy is warmer than london, where i am, supposedly
    no problem with camera so far. you need to care more about your hands, sometimes i shoot until too cold, hands numb.. perhaps can consider buying a good pair of gloves

Quote Originally Posted by likimikuku View Post

Cheers
    yes, please share more about milan, venice and rome.. i will be glad to hear more about those places.. first time

all of them suit u, if u like to take picture. try to explore it, try walking around beside taking any transport. u will get lot of good picture.(there r perfact for ppl like us - who like taking picture)

Cheers

why do you keep spamming that message? hahahaha

actually i plan to write a forum about our(me and my gf) backpack life during that 23 days.
    but lack of time (b'cuz of work).

we spent most of our time walking from place to place.(and we earn alot from it-more time to enjoy what is happenning around)

transport in italy(city to city), the best is by train (it is cheap and fast). but do consider the type of train u take. there is many types, some is vy vy vy cheap and some is vy expensive(like eurostar), if u on a budget, pls ask for other(lock on the the google and type itly train and do not book it in advance-it might be cheaper to get when u there).

Food is the best!! try pizza!! is way more different and better the "pizza huttt"!!

people is not that nice and they dun speak english!!!(some of them do)
    i stay in my friend house in milan, and he is nice and speak english too..haha..

u should spent ur time in venice, "forlance" and rome more..as for milan, it is just a city..nothing much!!

if u have any question, pls do ask!! as i dun know how to guide you on the trip

hahah... sorry.. my bad

yes, right now very concerned about the trains

should we book them in advance

or can just buy on the spot

booking would be more secure, but restrictive, the way i see it

ic what u mean.. that right..if have time, i think we will be there like 10 years..hahah
    anyway, if u wan to know what is the list to c and what to do. i do hav a list of the guide that my friend write me.

but dun just go there.. take time to learn and c their culture.

that my advice.

and the kind of trip u wan will always depend on ur budget!!
    so, how much time and $$ u allow for a person ??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast