Thread: GP Batteries

Default GP Batteries

Hi,
    Does anyone here use GP NiMH rechargables for their camera?
    Is it safe to use. It is really quite cheap at some places. Just trying to get some feedback about what brand of rechargable batts for DCam.

Default Re: GP Batteries

I have 4 sets of the GP rechargeable batt, been using them on my E20 and C-5050Z previously... No problem, in fact they are excellent batt...

Other brands, like the Olympus, I have 2 sets... and Sanyo, I have 3 sets... they are actually, in my opinion are the same... BUT please DO NOT get the Sony rechargeable batt... I have 3 sets, all sitting in my dry cabinet waiting to be executed...

Originally posted by Stoppable
    Hi,
    Does anyone here use GP NiMH rechargables for their camera?
    Is it safe to use. It is really quite cheap at some places. Just trying to get some feedback about what brand of rechargable batts for DCam.
    Last edited by ivor; 5th May 2003 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks!
    Was seriously considering getting the Sony ones. Probably due to its packaging, don't their rechargable batteries look sleek?

Anyway thanks to forums like this that we know better!

Deregistered

or if you're crazy enough like me, instead of bringing my maha 401 around, i brought along these for my dive trip to tioman:

p.s. minus the mouse and the keyboard, of course!

I am always on the lookout for decent NiMH batteries as well. The Rayovac 1 hour charger is excellent which ever batteries you happen to be using. The batteries hold much more juice than if you use the normal GP charger that often comes free when you buy the batteries.

sehsuan where do you purchase so many batteries? Are they cheap? And also like the casing, really helps keep the batteries in good condition. Did they come together with the batt?

Deregistered

nah. i bought all the sanyo 2100's during CS mass orders, so far it's just over 3 dollars each. i've more than enough now, with 32 (gasp!) of them now.

the battery holders, i bought quite a few from EastGear. still have extra pieces over here, you can get a few of them from me, or direct from EastGear for $1 each.

Hi Sehsuan,

Where is Eastgear ? I'd like to get a few of those cases as well ... are you still selling your spares ?

Also, where did you buy the Sanyos from, for the mass order ? That's a really good price, and maybe we can rustle up enough people for another mass order

Originally posted by Stoppable
    Thanks!
    Was seriously considering getting the Sony ones. Probably due to its packaging, don't their rechargable batteries look sleek?

Anyway thanks to forums like this that we know better!
    Yes, it looks cool in fact I have several of them, but if you read the fine print, it's rated at 1700mA only.

The first "generation" is only 1600mA. I have both types 1600mA and 1700mA SONYs.

Used to be pretty high, as the highest capacity at that time is GP 1800mA only.

However with the higher capacity batteries coming up the SONY's capacity is falling behind.
    Sanyo 2100mA, PowerEX 2200mA and lately Lenmar with 2300mA!

Sony already has 2100mAH's....

My experience differs though (at least for 1600mAH ones). In terms of "lasting power" for 1600mAH I would rank the following:
    1. Sanyo
    2. Sony
    3. Mitsubishi
    4. GP

Currently, I'm using Sanyo 2100mAH and they just go on and on.... have to take quite a bit of time and effort to fully drain them
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

I'm still using my Olympus camedia retchargeable batt until now. I got 'em when I bought my C700 way back in Jan'01 as a package. Now, im using it for my 420EX flash, can still last for hours of continous shooting

Since most would agree that Sanyo is the best and Eastgear is selling it at $10 a pair, then I guess Sanyo would be the best choice.

Default GP Batteries

currently i am using Sanyo 2100mAH (using GP as recharger) for my SLR, its quite lasting....no complain so far....i am using GP1600mAH AA and AAA for my other electronics and its working fine also...i guess both GP or Sanyo, to me, are good...i think its a matter of brand preference.....