Thread: Any potential?

Default Any potential?

Hie guys, i know this girl as a personal friend of mine. What do u think of her as in do you guys see any potential in her of doing freelancing, and so on? As i dont have any experience in this industry, i thought that i would ask u guys for advice.

She got this photo taken in a studio by commisioning a photographer and she asked me for comments. She thought of taking this up as a part time job or as a hobby sort of thing.

Thanks guys.

Default Re: Any potential?

face is one dimension. Same expression every pic.
    I hope the actual pics are better than those u post because these pics looks a bit OOF.

let her hair down. she will look goot.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwong View Post
    face is one dimension. Same expression every pic.
    I hope the actual pics are better than those u post because these pics looks a bit OOF.
    will take note of that and tell her ask her to be aware of that next time.. thanks i also feel abit OOF the photographer maybe lousy..

Quote Originally Posted by advrider View Post
    let her hair down. she will look goot.
    will ask her to try with her hair down next time.. she's quite shy actually..

Apart from the lacklustre photographic quality; based on facial featires, I think you would look good in Chinese Opera Costume & make up.
    What I failed to see, was what I failed to observe...

Quote Originally Posted by weisiong87 View Post
    She got this photo taken in a studio by commisioning a photographer and she asked me for comments.
    Emm, if you are talking about the potential of the photographer whom your friend paid for.....
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

[QUOTE=Andy Ang;3527850]Emm, if you are talking about the potential of the photographer whom your friend paid for..... [/QUOso

sorry about the lady in the picture not the photographer..

I know. Just sorry that your friend actually Paid for these shots....
    APAD | Blog

if you notice, the bottom of her right shoe and its reflection, between the ball of the foot and the heel, the photographer forgot to etch out/clean up...

Post a picture on a photography forum, and you'll get comments about the photographs, not the models.

My honest opinion? She should stick to her day job for now. Her eyes are somewhat small, and her nose, somewhat big. The looks side isn't going for her. If she brushes up her posing, etc, might still have some chance. She looks abit stiff for most of the pictures, especially picture 2. Somehow her left hand just don't look natural.

Then again, one man's rubbish, may be another man's treasure. So what do I know?

It's quite hard to say whether she has potential just by these photos. Can't blame the lady for the similar expression as she's new and the photographer should have guided her. She could ask for TFCD and build up her portfolio maybe from there on she could judge by then.

the model looks good, but...she needs to change her smile! like others said "its the same for every picture" !
    my gear:
    canon xti, kit lens, sigma 17-70, sling shot200, ud60(for school with laptop and camera!)

to be a model is not about having a pretty face or great body, he/she need to be give variability of poses and expressions.

btw, #3 pose is bad, real real bad.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Where to start... Well, to be honest, she is very ordinary looking. There is no wow factor. If, like you say, she has no confidence, then it's worse. Even pretty models only shine when they are confident. She does not stand out. I would not give her a second look if I passed her.

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, but I feel you wanted an honest answer.
    Alpha

If you want an honest reply, no.

However, the photographer did such a pissed poor job, it did not help. If she uses these pictures for her book, good luck and tell her not to hold her breath.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    I know. Just sorry that your friend actually Paid for these shots....
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    If you want an honest reply, no.

However, the photographer did such a pissed poor job, it did not help. If she uses these pictures for her book, good luck and tell her not to hold her breath.
    DP, Spot on!
    Last edited by Andy Ang; 7th November 2007 at 09:47 AM.
    APAD | Blog

thanks alot guys..i am sure these comments will help the model improve..thats if she wants to pursue this career or just keep pictures for her portfolio.
    but the photographer, cant do anything about him..just wish him good luck in his career