Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: where to buy CS3 (student package)

  1. #1
    Senior Member alf626's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,013

    Default where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Anybody know where to get Photoshop CS3 for student package.Any recomendation.
    Last edited by alf626; 5th November 2007 at 09:57 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    I bought mine at:
    Inforcom Technologies #04-20/21/22 Funan

  3. #3
    Senior Member alf626's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,013

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    I bought mine at:
    Inforcom Technologies #04-20/21/22 Funan
    Thanks,I got mine already.

  4. #4

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Do we need to show any document or student pass in oreder to buy the "student package"?

  5. #5

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Do we need to show any document or student pass in order to buy the "student package"?

  6. #6

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by vokawala View Post
    Do we need to show any document or student pass in order to buy the "student package"?
    unfortunately no...

  7. #7
    Senior Member alf626's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,013

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by vokawala View Post
    Do we need to show any document or student pass in oreder to buy the "student package"?
    Some shop require the student pass.but some don't require.

  8. #8

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by alf626 View Post
    Thanks,I got mine already.
    Emm... Just to check. How much did you pay for it? Thanks

  9. #9
    Senior Member alf626's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,013

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by qING View Post
    Emm... Just to check. How much did you pay for it? Thanks
    $458 CS3 Extended

  10. #10

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by alf626 View Post
    $458 CS3 Extended
    Thanks

  11. #11

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Besides the price difference and one is for students to buy, in term of usage, what's the difference between the normal package and the student set? Thanks.

  12. #12

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by since63 View Post
    Besides the price difference and one is for students to buy, in term of usage, what's the difference between the normal package and the student set? Thanks.

    Zero difference in functionality....

  13. #13

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyber_m0nkey View Post
    Zero difference in functionality....
    Thanks...

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    903

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    My understanding is the student version is not entitle for upgrade to future Photoshop version, is that true ? At least that was the case for the Photoshop Elements.

  15. #15

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    If you are a student in a tertiary institution (Poly/university), do check with your IT Co-op to see if they offer the Adobe Premium CS3 package.

    It's extremely cheap - less than $100 I think.

  16. #16

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    My understanding is the student version is not entitle for upgrade to future Photoshop version, is that true ? At least that was the case for the Photoshop Elements.
    Hi,

    If you have an academic edition, you can purchase the normal upgrade version and after the upgrade, you will end up with a normal, full edition. I upgraded an academic version of CS2 to a full version of CS3 via this route.

    N.S. g

  17. #17

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by nsng View Post
    Hi,

    If you have an academic edition, you can purchase the normal upgrade version and after the upgrade, you will end up with a normal, full edition. I upgraded an academic version of CS2 to a full version of CS3 via this route.

    N.S. g
    ? I thought you cannot upgrade academic version? How much was the upgrade? I ended up buying the academic CS3 cuz I thought it is not possible to upgrade. The academic CS3 is the extended version though.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,507

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAG View Post
    If you are a student in a tertiary institution (Poly/university), do check with your IT Co-op to see if they offer the Adobe Premium CS3 package.

    It's extremely cheap - less than $100 I think.
    huh? serious?? I don't recall NUS co-op selling it.. which co-op did u see/hear it from? I would be interested if its really less than $100..

  19. #19

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    ? I thought you cannot upgrade academic version? How much was the upgrade? I ended up buying the academic CS3 cuz I thought it is not possible to upgrade. The academic CS3 is the extended version though.
    Hi,

    I did a search in various forums and it was confirmed by a few academic edition users, it was possible to upgrade to a full CS3 version. I bought mine from Challenger. In fact, I still have the CS2 academic edition in my PC.

    N.S.

  20. #20

    Default Re: where to buy CS3 (student package)

    Quote Originally Posted by rOnGrEn View Post
    huh? serious?? I don't recall NUS co-op selling it.. which co-op did u see/hear it from? I would be interested if its really less than $100..
    For NUS Co-Op, they bundle it with every new notebook purchased. However, you might want to pop in to check if they sell it separately.

    It shouldn't cost more than S$100.

    Alternatively, check the B&S forums around, some students are selling their copies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •