Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: information on jacqueline lim

  1. #1

    Default information on jacqueline lim

    happen to chance upon obituaries yesterday and saw an aquaintance passed away.

    my friend told me wan bao a few days back has an article about her.

    will any kind csers share the news with me if you have the article?

    was very shocking news to me.

    her name is jacqueline lim.she used to be the editor for torque magazine IIRC.

    appreciated.

  2. #2

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    happen to chance upon obituaries yesterday and saw an aquaintance passed away.

    my friend told me wan bao a few days back has an article about her.

    will any kind csers share the news with me if you have the article?

    was very shocking news to me.

    her name is jacqueline lim.she used to be the editor for torque magazine IIRC.

    appreciated.
    why don't you just call up her family and get what you want to know directly from them?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    happen to chance upon obituaries yesterday and saw an aquaintance passed away.

    my friend told me wan bao a few days back has an article about her.

    will any kind csers share the news with me if you have the article?

    was very shocking news to me.

    her name is jacqueline lim.she used to be the editor for torque magazine IIRC.

    appreciated.
    sound familiar.. think i heard this name in some events before.

  4. #4

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    why don't you just call up her family and get what you want to know directly from them?
    the last time i talked to her was about 6 years ago.

    and it was really an aquaintance.
    i dont even have her phone number.

    there's no information on the obituaries section at all.

    sigh...i'm so sad now.

    raincool, she's quite a popular figure in the automotive scene in singapore, due to the fact she's was a popular magazine editor before,her good looks, as well as her car she was driving.

  5. #5

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    the last time i talked to her was about 6 years ago.

    and it was really an aquaintance.
    i dont even have her phone number.

    there's no information on the obituaries section at all.

    sigh...i'm so sad now.

    raincool, she's quite a popular figure in the automotive scene in singapore, due to the fact she's was a popular magazine editor before,her good looks, as well as her car she was driving.
    no idea who she is so i'll take your word for it.

  6. #6

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    no idea who she is so i'll take your word for it.
    so if you have an idea means you wont take my word for it?
    eh harlow...am i missing something here?

  7. #7

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    so if you have an idea means you wont take my word for it?
    eh harlow...am i missing something here?
    nope, just pointing out that i dunnoe who the heck she is. besides what you want her info for? planning to go to the wake?
    Last edited by garou12; 5th November 2007 at 12:47 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    happen to chance upon obituaries yesterday and saw an aquaintance passed away.

    my friend told me wan bao a few days back has an article about her.

    will any kind csers share the news with me if you have the article?

    was very shocking news to me.

    her name is jacqueline lim.she used to be the editor for torque magazine IIRC.

    appreciated.
    u sure she passed away? that's big news. she's that short cute editor right?

  9. #9

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by boredphuck View Post
    u sure she passed away? that's big news. she's that short cute editor right?
    not really short.but she has good looks.

    i had a short chat with her at kallang sprints about 6 years back coz we owned the same make and model of cars then.

    i usually dont look at obituaries but somehow yesterday when i was running through ST, sort of accidentally flipped to that page.
    coincidental?
    sigh.

    i was absolutely shocked.

    now i'm just hoping to find out why and how she passed away.
    not that it matters. but somehow i would just like to know.

    hope she RIP.


  10. #10

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    not really short.but she has good looks.

    i had a short chat with her at kallang sprints about 6 years back coz we owned the same make and model of cars then.

    i usually dont look at obituaries but somehow yesterday when i was running through ST, sort of accidentally flipped to that page.
    coincidental?
    sigh.

    i was absolutely shocked.

    now i'm just hoping to find out why and how she passed away.
    not that it matters. but somehow i would just like to know.

    hope she RIP.

    people live people die, i'm sure her passing has you questioning your own mortality. Don't dwell on it and just live your life. May she RIP.

  11. #11

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    not really short.but she has good looks.

    i had a short chat with her at kallang sprints about 6 years back coz we owned the same make and model of cars then.

    i usually dont look at obituaries but somehow yesterday when i was running through ST, sort of accidentally flipped to that page.
    coincidental?
    sigh.

    i was absolutely shocked.

    now i'm just hoping to find out why and how she passed away.
    not that it matters. but somehow i would just like to know.

    hope she RIP.

    i can ask some ppl but it would seem really weird. esp if it wasnt her.

  12. #12

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by boredphuck View Post
    i can ask some ppl but it would seem really weird. esp if it wasnt her.
    please do if you can.

    i'm absolutely sure it's her.101%.

  13. #13

    Smile Re: information on jacqueline lim

    she was the daughter of a mr lim chin tiong. i wonder if this is the ex BG(retired) of saf?

  14. #14

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    please do if you can.

    i'm absolutely sure it's her.101%.
    just confirmed it. wake was last fri.

  15. #15

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    i read abt her news on wan bao the other day...it was reported that she has got a very
    rare lung disease diagnosed some 12 years ago...her condition deteriorated these few years
    and she has to rely on oxygen tank to help her breathe...she passed away peacefully
    in her sleep so shld be a painless death...

    my condolences to the family.
    Last edited by cookiez; 5th November 2007 at 02:32 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    My house is above her (her families) and I walked pass her house last week. Nothing leh... her house is as per normal.

  17. #17

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Here's the article. Hope it'll be useful to you.




    Rgds,
    Jon

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    sigh.. life is precious... do cherish your frens and love ones... u dunno what will happen tomm.

    she is so young and pretty, may her soul rest in peace.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 5th November 2007 at 03:23 PM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    Quote Originally Posted by arttl View Post
    Here's the article. Hope it'll be useful to you.




    Rgds,
    Jon
    the font's too small to read but it's a pity that she died so young. RIP.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: information on jacqueline lim

    jeanie

    I had a similar encounter like you. Had a long time poly friend whom we've lost touch since we started working and got married, then the next thing I know, saw her photo published in the front page of Straits Times Home (last year). Both she and her husband drowned in the company ship that sunk in the Middle East (I think, can't recall the details). Came as a RUDE SHOCK as she was a very lovely girl and we used to be quite good buddies. Wasn't able to work the whole day, searched for the obituary, contacted her family and took time off work to attend the funeral to send her off.

    This episode really woke me up not to take my friends (esp. those that we haven't kept in touch for a while) for granted. And since then, have met up with the rest of my poly friends (who used to be in the same clique) more often. Tomorrow, we're meeting for a meal again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •