Thread: Sigma 18-200mm F3.5 - 6.3 DC OS

Default Sigma 18-200mm F3.5 - 6.3 DC OS

Hi, like to know if anyone bought this lens. I got mine at the recent PIX and mounted it on a Canon 400D. So far it looks good but the OS seems a bit not up to what I have expected. Wonder if anyone have the same problem. Or maybe its a user's problem.

Default Re: Sigma 18-200mm F3.5 - 6.3 DC OS

Quote Originally Posted by ixorasus View Post
    Hi, like to know if anyone bought this lens. I got mine at the recent PIX and mounted it on a Canon 400D. So far it looks good but the OS seems a bit not up to what I have expected. Wonder if anyone have the same problem. Or maybe its a user's problem.
    I have used the Sigma 18-200 OS with the Canon 30D. The OS works. If you got OOF pictures, most likely it's due to low light or subject movement. The only problem I have with this lens is it's poor bokeh and weight.

isn't the price at the expo way above the street price?

Was taking pictures in my room with florescent lighting. Not sure if that is considered as "poor" light conditions. Anyway, saw some review that mention the peak performance at f/8 and above throughout the focal length. And this lens "loves light". Think it is best used for outdoors walkies.

Agreed! I bought at $798. Thought was a gd price (judging from the advertised price) but just found out that it was a street price. Somemore I got the showcase piece but they say it wasn't handle around at the show. Now come to think about it - blame myself for not doing homework before buying. But at least, the pictures came out sharp and looks gd. Will definitely try the lens in the day time - to test the OS at 200mm....... heehee........ hope everything turns out well.

i think u could have done better from shops outside but since u already got it, just have fun with it.

Dun worry.. Outdoor shoot definately no problem.. btw do you notice a yellow tint on your picture taken by this lens?

You could have search thru the buy and sell section for this lens.. I just sold mine (3 weeks old) + a tamron CPL filter for only $680.. anyways.. have fun!