Thread: IR Pass filter

Default IR Pass filter

I am looking for a IR pass(or bandpass) filter(acrylic material one will do if the glass one is really too expensive) for my camera and maybe a size of around 4.3mm and another bigger size which I can't remember. Does anyone know where I can get one? Or places that sell these?

I went around to many photography shops but I cannot find. There was this shop at Sim Lim square that told me that these lens are illegal in singapore. Is this true? I am not planning to do anything illegal with it of course. i just need to block out visible light, that's all.

Default Re: IR Pass filter

If you're looking for a regular IR filter, you can get them almost everywhere.

But, rule number 1: DO NOT GO TO SIM LIM. DO NOT ASK THE SHOPKEEPERS FOR THEIR OPINION.

The above rule can only be broken for very few, very select shops. But the best ones are not even in Sim Lim.
    Alpha

Default Re: IR Pass filter

Quote Originally Posted by vEr5e View Post
    I am looking for a IR pass(or bandpass) filter(acrylic material one will do if the glass one is really too expensive) for my camera and maybe a size of around 4.3mm and another bigger size which I can't remember. Does anyone know where I can get one? Or places that sell these?

I went around to many photography shops but I cannot find. There was this shop at Sim Lim square that told me that these lens are illegal in singapore. Is this true? I am not planning to do anything illegal with it of course. i just need to block out visible light, that's all.
    I don't think they make them that small...you can't find any that is 4.3mm in size.

If he knows as much about photography as he does IR filters, then his shop is in serious trouble. Anyway, IR filters aren't illegal in SG, you can get them from shops like CP, J316, TK and OP just to name a few.

The price difference between a glass and plastic filter isn't that great when you go down to 43mm.

Cheers
    _