Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 373

Thread: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Clubsnap HQ
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HKSfz18 View Post
    Hi,I'm new to photography and just got my FZ18 2days ago.
    *Initial charge of 8hrs on the first day lasted ard max 200shots.
    *Charged 8hrs on the 2nd day lasted ard max 200shots as well.
    Is this considered ok or is there a problem with the battery?

    Camera settings:
    8M pixels, fine photo quality, LCD brightness off, continuous auto focus, use a mixture of Flash for ard 20 shots, normal burst mode for ard 30shots.The rest single shots.Shots taken through viewfinder as well as LCD, review pics after every shots taken.
    During this whole duration camera has been on/off ard 4 times.

    Seems fine to me. Where u bought it and how much u paid?

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HKSfz18 View Post
    Hi,I'm new to photography and just got my FZ18 2days ago.
    *Initial charge of 8hrs on the first day lasted ard max 200shots.
    *Charged 8hrs on the 2nd day lasted ard max 200shots as well.
    Is this considered ok or is there a problem with the battery?

    Camera settings:
    8M pixels, fine photo quality, LCD brightness off, continuous auto focus, use a mixture of Flash for ard 20 shots, normal burst mode for ard 30shots.The rest single shots.Shots taken through viewfinder as well as LCD, review pics after every shots taken.
    During this whole duration camera has been on/off ard 4 times.
    do not use continuous AF unless you really need it, as far as my ex-fz5 goes, continuous AF will just keep focusing whenever the camera is turned on.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by swiftee View Post
    Seems fine to me. Where u bought it and how much u paid?
    Got it at Alan Foto.$645

  4. #44

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    do not use continuous AF unless you really need it, as far as my ex-fz5 goes, continuous AF will just keep focusing whenever the camera is turned on.
    ah yes, read that somewhere online that continuous AF drains battery.going to turn it off and monitor the situation.
    Thanks for the tip

  5. #45

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Hello guys,

    This is my virgin post here and i'm a newbie at photography, nice to meet all FZ18 users and the rest of CS'ers.
    I just got my FZ18 2 days ago and was wondering if theres a fisheye lens for the camera and how much would it cost.
    Thanks in advance

  6. #46

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kevkie View Post
    Hi All,

    I dont want to sound stupid, but sometimes, I've learnt that it pays to ask the obvious.

    Since I purchased the camera, I have been trying to figure out the many features and manual adjustments that the FZ18 allows, but honestly, I have no frigging idea what most of the options do actually. I have read the manual and I've been reading up on the net but there are still many questions or doubts and frustrations even in my mind on what is the right setting to use/when to use it.

    Are there any such classes, courses or seminars that cater specifically to beginners in digital photography that teaches you how to use the manual functions on ones camera? Better still is there such a thing specifically catered to FZ18 users/owners?I do not have any friends that are keen in photography and hence, I dont have many people to turn to. Sigh.

    As all of you can guess, I am a total noob in this domain and I am an eager beaver so to speak since I just got the camera and the fire is burning hot in me to play with my new toy.

    I am sorry if my post is irrelevent or senseless, I just felt that I needed to ask.
    Maybe we can organise a learning session, and get an experienced shooter to teach you guys?
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

  7. #47

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexlord View Post
    Maybe we can organise a learning session, and get an experienced shooter to teach you guys?
    that sounds great!
    today i was at an event
    i took so long for every shots i made
    especially when people are posing for me and i still setting my camera

  8. #48

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    An outing with the pros/club snappers would be great, i'm still learning to maximise the FZ18's potential and could make do with a few pointers.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Hexlord,

    If such an outing can be arranged, it really would be great!

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kevkie View Post
    Hexlord,

    If such an outing can be arranged, it really would be great!
    talking is easy, everytime when some1 ask for such event, no 1 hands up to be the organiser.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    hey guys
    any idea how "powerful" will fz18 be when attached with a tele conversion and close up lense?
    any photo examples?

  12. #52

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Any1 interested to join photography class? organise by The Photographic Society of Singapore
    I will join start fr february. any fz18 user interested to join together? so that we can discuss since we hv same weapon

    For details, go to www.pss1950.org

  13. #53

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by weijin View Post
    Any1 interested to join photography class? organise by The Photographic Society of Singapore
    I will join start fr february. any fz18 user interested to join together? so that we can discuss since we hv same weapon

    For details, go to www.pss1950.org
    would like to join the january batch, but my job requires me to travel oversea and it clashes with my reservist
    zzz, will miss the last 2 lesson
    anyway i will write to them to ask if i can make up the missed lessons at other classes
    do drop me a pm if you are interested to join the January batch?
    Last edited by n0eln0el; 23rd December 2007 at 02:51 PM.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    just bot this camera today..

    got to learn how to use it first. lol.

    hehe

  15. #55

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    hi sonic,

    Thank you for the tip on the setting but how do u prog them.
    can we change all the setting that u teach on the camera???

    please advice

    thanks thanks keL

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Jurong West Street 62
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Hi just got my Lens & filter adapter tude for my FZ18, now can put a UV filter liow

    Cost only $40 n send it to yr home, visit www.amazon.com

  17. #57

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    hey, are there any outings for fz-18 users? lol

  18. #58

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by chikubang View Post
    hey, are there any outings for fz-18 users? lol
    u organize
    i support u

  19. #59

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by chikubang View Post
    hey, are there any outings for fz-18 users? lol
    count me in if have..
    juz bought mine last two week...

  20. #60

    Default Re: Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

    Is it a need to hv dry cabinet for this camera? FZ-18

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •