Thread: black or white

Default black or white

The main aim of this picture is the play of the constrast of black and white. Of course, having the two wall is boring so I placed a subject standing there. What do you guys think? Does the contrast strike you at first glance? Any other comments re: composition, etc welcomed

Last edited by eikin; 4th November 2007 at 12:58 PM. Reason: link image

Default Re: black or white

Quote Originally Posted by Clement Low View Post
    The main aim of this picture is the play of the constrast of black and white. Of course, having the two wall is boring so I placed a subject standing there. What do you guys think? Does the contrast strike you at first glance? Any other comments re: composition, etc welcomed

interesting concept... i like the way the black shirt blends in on 1 side, and intrudes on the other... i not sure if u purposely din focus on his face, but the off-focus is distracting to me

feels like a snapshot... sorrie.

Looks soft. Facial detail is underexposed. Like what tribal.snake mentioned, looks too much like a candid than a well thought of and well executed conceptual shot.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Looks soft. Facial detail is underexposed. Like what tribal.snake mentioned, looks too much like a candid than a well thought of and well executed conceptual shot.
    Thanks tribalsnake and calebk. Yes, it was not a well thought of shot as I'm trying this "creative photography" technique for the first time. Actually, I shot this with inspiration from another CSer (http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=318342) That was all I had in mind, the concept. I wanted to see what others think of the shot and hope to pick up the finer points from the comments.

What are the things that I should consider when I want to plan this kind of shots? OK, focus more on the face, the black shirt concept was good, anything else?