Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty 4

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: Call of Duty 4

For multiplayer, is it another CS style slug it out shoot em up? I would hope its some sort of collaborative effort (aka a team infiltrating or something) to down a mission.

I just download the demo version and played for 30 minutes, getting dizzy, the graphic is great, very chaotic and lotsa shooting around with no time to think, feel like having unlimited bullets and unlimited enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    For multiplayer, is it another CS style slug it out shoot em up? I would hope its some sort of collaborative effort (aka a team infiltrating or something) to down a mission.
    gee..i don't even know where to begin.. there is the usual free-for-all gameplay, search-n-destroy missions, team domination etc etc. but what makes COD 4 multiplayer so interesting and appealing are the amount of unlockables, perks and what-nots that are available to you when you progress online. eg you can attain a UAV and locate enemy positions, then a friend can call in an air strike or gunship to take them out..etc etc. and 'perks' like last-stand..where you can put in a last-ditch effort potshot at ur enemy even if you are already taken out (just like in the movies). i haven't fully explored the dynamics of multiplayer gameplay, but it's really well thought out.

the only problem is....

cannot connect up the master server at times.... n i dunno y :S

very cool FPS and the unlockables mentioned is great as you get upgrades like silencers, scopes, rounds penetration upgrades. Great maps and graphics.

BUT unfortunately, its no GRAW or SWAT types all tactical stealthy game. Plays like CS slug-fest.
    Last edited by firestone; 9th November 2007 at 05:00 PM.

I recently got a logitech headset, plugged into mic and sound port, can hear gaming sound but no voice chatting...is there something I need to check?thks

I can record with the sound recorder so means plug in correct rite?
    Last edited by firestone; 9th November 2007 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by firestone View Post
    very cool FPS and the unlockables mentioned is great as you get upgrades like silencers, scopes, rounds penetration upgrades. Great maps and graphics.

BUT unfortunately, its no GRAW or SWAT types all tactical stealthy game. Plays like CS slug-fest.
    cos it's not SWAT mah it's military /para-military

it depends on the server though, the kind of gameplay they want to implement. if team deathmatch/deathmatch ... then slugfest. if search-n-destroy etc, it takes more coordination, teamwork and strategy, especially if you play with a clan.

Had completed the game...........love playing the sinper role.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Had completed the game...........love playing the sinper role.
    then come play online leh! can find me and plssong playing already =) plssong officer rank liao wor~ i only staff sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by firestone View Post
    I recently got a logitech headset, plugged into mic and sound port, can hear gaming sound but no voice chatting...is there something I need to check?thks

I can record with the sound recorder so means plug in correct rite?
    not exactly sure what is the problem, cos i have never played with voice chatting before.

i think it depends on the server too, whether it implements voice chatting or not. the server can opt to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    the only problem is....

cannot connect up the master server at times.... n i dunno y :S
    ya..just wait for the patch or something. most people get it too. especially me!!

MUST BUY THIS GAME. its up there as one of the best shooters ive played in a long time, as good if not better than Halo 3 and GOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    then come play online leh! can find me and plssong playing already =) plssong officer rank liao wor~ i only staff sergeant
    Er bro, I played Xbox360, not pc lah....need to know who is playing Xbox live.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd View Post
    MUST BUY THIS GAME. its up there as one of the best shooters ive played in a long time, as good if not better than Halo 3 and GOW.
    He He, AGREED!
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    wah lau leh.... i anyhow play one...AS YOU KNOW lor.....everytime cheong, kena whacked by you lor.....

anywayz, its not all cheonging also one...heheheh

if you play as a clan, its quite impt to have coordination...

i notice the "JED" clan tends to play as a team more than the rest of us LOL.....
    anywayz, i'm so sianz of CS after all that cheats and wadnot..... so this is alot more refreshing..

BTW, other than gaining XP by completing challenges, is there other things to get? coz i'm so used to some weapons that i donch wanna change ..... and that kinda slows the advancement in ranks .... lol!

BTW, has anyone completed EPILOGUE - MILE HIGH CLUB on experienced/veteran level?

WTH!!!!!!!!!1 i can't get thru to the top level...... and there's only 60 secs!!!!!!!!!!!!

the longest fight is on the 1st floor leh

Gosh. I have been replaying cods 1 & 2 throughout man. NEED TO BUY A NEW GRAPHIC CARD THIS WEEK SO CAN PLAY COD4. You all wait for me! ;-)
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

stereobox>

tonight about 10 on boh?

wah lau leh.... i anyhow play one...AS YOU KNOW lor.....everytime cheong, kena whacked by you lor.....

anywayz, its not all cheonging also one...heheheh

if you play as a clan, its quite impt to have coordination...

i notice the "JED" clan tends to play as a team more than the rest of us LOL.....
    anywayz, i'm so sianz of CS after all that cheats and wadnot..... so this is alot more refreshing..

BTW, other than gaining XP by completing challenges, is there other things to get? coz i'm so used to some weapons that i donch wanna change ..... and that kinda slows the advancement in ranks .... lol!
    plssong being modest wor~~

JED is a relatively new clan to the COD scene to me..were they from BF2? the established COD clans in SG are -=RDsg=- and [BoB]

can join my friend's server also, ABsg.

my favorite is the mp5 with scope, c4 and flashbangs. i usually just stick to this combi =)

ya..can hardly find any cheats in COD with PunkBuster on. also, the shooting/aiming method is very much dependent on your skill and aim.

stereobox>

tonight about 10 on boh?

yea! i'll try to be on! (provided servers not full house again)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast