Thread: Use UV filter or CPL filter

Default Use UV filter or CPL filter

I have a UV filter and a CPL filter but which do i mount on my lens ? I know both of them got different function but which is the 1 to keep it always mounted on the lens ?

If i mount a UV filter but want to take a picture with the sky nice nice and blue do i have to change to the CPL and then after taking change back to UV again ?

Default Re: Use UV filter or CPL filter

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonSit View Post
    I have a UV filter and a CPL filter but which do i mount on my lens ? I know both of them got different function but which is the 1 to keep it always mounted on the lens ?

If i mount a UV filter but want to take a picture with the sky nice nice and blue do i have to change to the CPL and then after taking change back to UV again ?
    A UV protector to protect ur lens from scratches and accidental knocks. And yes, to take the sky, please remove ur UV filter first then mount the CPL. If u try stacking, may result in vignetting.

Sori to hijack the thread for a quick question.. Do we need to rotate the CPL to achieve the effect or just mount and use?
    Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    A UV protector to protect ur lens from scratches and accidental knocks. And yes, to take the sky, please remove ur UV filter first then mount the CPL. If u try stacking, may result in vignetting.

Quote Originally Posted by cnng121 View Post
    Sori to hijack the thread for a quick question.. Do we need to rotate the CPL to achieve the effect or just mount and use?
    You have to rotate the CPL until you get your desired effect.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonSit View Post
    I have a UV filter and a CPL filter but which do i mount on my lens ?
    I know both of them got different function but which is the 1 to keep it always mounted on the lens ?
    Neither. If there was a filter supposed to be on the lens all the time, the lens manufacturer would have built it in.
    Last edited by LittleWolf; 4th November 2007 at 12:01 AM. Reason: grammar correction