Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Freelance Model Thoughts on Photography

Default Re: Freelance Model Thoughts on Photography

Quote Originally Posted by designerwhere View Post
    Averal is a gal who definitely has her views of the world. Some rather interesting ones at that. I think somewhere deep down inside is an artist trying to get out. Definitely a strong n gutsy lady we r talking about here. Lots of spice and character.
    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    i think its more to do with prehaps that she is feeling stifled and unable to undertake the concepts she would like to see or execute in her line of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjinnete Ross View Post
    Dear MR Klose,

I really do not see the threadstarter "trying to reshape the world of photography". Where did you get that impression?

All she wanted to do was to make photographs for herself which are not commercially motivated. Is that wrong? Does she have to give that up?

If she has no clue how commercial photography works, would it not be nice in a community like this for you (I assume you are a commercial photographer - since you gave the impression that you do have some clue how commercial photography works) to try to share what she was misguided, as alleged by someone else?
    Because from what you wrote, you seem to be in agreement with Miss AverRal. That there is commercial photography which satisfies the client, and personal photography which is directed to oneself.
    I am just wondering, Why is everybody thinking that TS is a Girl, according to the profile :
    Date of Birth:February 2, 1988Age:19Gender:Male
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    I am just wondering, Why is everybody thinking that TS is a Girl, according to the profile :
    that's coz if you click on her link to her deviant art site the profile info there sez: FEMALE!

It's not a matter is he or she.

WOW....you also hard working ah......check the profile somemore
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

I am into CSI mah....also no sure about TS meaning about "my work", the modeling aspect or the Photography aspect.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

I am into CSI mah....also no sure about TS meaning about "my work", the modeling aspect or the Photography aspect.
    CSI or kaypoh? she prob meant both but better for her to clarify i suppose.

Thanks!

I do think that for a commercial project to succeed, there is usually some creative elements involved in it. The same applies to commercial photography. Hence, I wrote that there are commercial photographers who were/are very creative. But the direction of that creative energy is constrained and directed by one goal - profit. And I think that is why when one looks at the works of a photographer, he/she often has what is called "professional works" and "personal works". One was done with the aim of satisfying the client. The other was for oneself.
    as per a commercial project, the photographer may not be the only person involved in the capturing of visual information, there will be designers who will adjust the scene, design the scene so that it can be captured.

not many photographers are "artists" so to say, because art is a form of expression, they do not express anything, but have the expertise to know what to adjust, and to press that shutter button.

creative energy is everywhere, but we all suppress it in a country like ours, where survival comes first. thats the most pragmatic, and perhaps the most sensible approach, as photography itself is not a cheap hobby to begin with, and a highly competitive business to maintain. passion aside, most people will tend to defend themselves, because many times, passion is not appreciated either.

i dont think you are much younger than me, so i can assume that we were brought up in the same environment, the same education system, same social paradigm, conditions, where non -conformity is looked upon with disdain, and stifled individuals unwieldy and unresponsive to change.. what sort of passion or creativity have we suppressed, if we do have that in us in the first place, apart from being concerned about mindlessly going to work every day repeatedly throughout the years, decades, holding on to the same paycheck (which is needed for survival).
    chezburgr i can haz?

CSI or kaypoh? she prob meant both but better for her to clarify i suppose.
    Aiyo Superman, She again!!! TS is a boy yo... I guess I am 70% kaypoh la always like to come Kopitiam and walk walk hahaha gossip gossip.....

Aiyo Superman, She again!!! TS is a boy yo... I guess I am 70% kaypoh la always like to come Kopitiam and walk walk hahaha gossip gossip.....
    already said u go check the links provided in the sig you will see she is a girl. unless you produce csi proof i.e. photo that you transform her into a he then no talk. besides he she it...it doesn't matter. also note your claim about ts being a male is just like CSI;WOF aka Work of fiction!
    Last edited by garou12; 10th November 2007 at 11:59 PM.

already said u go check the links provided in the sig you will see she is a girl. unless you produce csi proof i.e. photo that you transform her into a he then no talk. besides he she it...it doesn't matter.
    In CS She is Male.

In Deviant Art She is Female.

Still a Male but with a F and e in front.

Hahaha oic so in CS is Male, in the other site is Female, roger that ! CSI case #8337463 CLOSE. Case close because I do not Deal with he/she.

Hahaha oic so in CS is Male, in the other site is Female, roger that ! CSI case #8337463 CLOSE. Case close because I do not Deal with he/she.
    I thought CSI supposed to be impartial and not discriminatory?

to really excel and differentiate yourself you have to hone your skills and your distinctive vision, so that people will look for you specifically for projects.
    This is what separates alot of top photographers from your average yellow-pages photo studio.
    You don't tell a french chef to cook chinese style, the french chef may choose to stubbornly pursue his cooking style and convince people along the way and become feted for being so stubborn in his style, or his restaurant may close down.
    It's a risk of course but the payoffs are great.

I think blaming our country's mentality is the easy way out.
    It is up to the person selling a service to convince the client that they should do things a certain way.

Sometimes to really hit the paydirt you have to struggle and starve abit.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    as per a commercial project, the photographer may not be the only person involved in the capturing of visual information, there will be designers who will adjust the scene, design the scene so that it can be captured.

not many photographers are "artists" so to say, because art is a form of expression, they do not express anything, but have the expertise to know what to adjust, and to press that shutter button.

creative energy is everywhere, but we all suppress it in a country like ours, where survival comes first. thats the most pragmatic, and perhaps the most sensible approach, as photography itself is not a cheap hobby to begin with, and a highly competitive business to maintain. passion aside, most people will tend to defend themselves, because many times, passion is not appreciated either.

i dont think you are much younger than me, so i can assume that we were brought up in the same environment, the same education system, same social paradigm, conditions, where non -conformity is looked upon with disdain, and stifled individuals unwieldy and unresponsive to change.. what sort of passion or creativity have we suppressed, if we do have that in us in the first place, apart from being concerned about mindlessly going to work every day repeatedly throughout the years, decades, holding on to the same paycheck (which is needed for survival).

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    to really excel and differentiate yourself you have to hone your skills and your distinctive vision, so that people will look for you specifically for projects.
    This is what separates alot of top photographers from your average yellow-pages photo studio.
    You don't tell a french chef to cook chinese style, the french chef may choose to stubbornly pursue his cooking style and convince people along the way and become feted for being so stubborn in his style, or his restaurant may close down.
    It's a risk of course but the payoffs are great.

I think blaming our country's mentality is the easy way out.
    It is up to the person selling a service to convince the client that they should do things a certain way.

Sometimes to really hit the paydirt you have to struggle and starve abit.
    that same mentality is what is forcing artists to compromise on their artistic vision though. It's hard to sell your service regardless of how creative and excellent it is when the environment itself is hostile and unappreciative of what you do. esp in a place that has no qualms in ripping off your copyrighted work. In many markets differentation is the key to success but its hard to do that in a place that would place emphasis on standardization and cheap cheap good good plenty plenty.
    Last edited by garou12; 11th November 2007 at 10:07 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345