Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Freelance Model Thoughts on Photography

Default Re: Freelance Model Thoughts on Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    the truth is, u got the facts wrong abt Picasso's life and artistic directions.

he's way ahead of his time. as for the marketing side, u will do well to read up on his life history and his artistic direction as well as influence.
    i say again. where's your facts? Feel free to prove your pov to me and i'll concede to your views.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    i say again. where's your facts? Feel free to prove your pov to me and i'll concede to your views.
    i dun haf to prove anything to u. hahahahaha goodness gracious me! u're very humorous and i applaud ur little candidness and 'funniness'.

u shud go and read up abt Picasso's life and not make assumptions and twist fact to suit ur little case and ur needs. u're making Picasso sound like a 3rd rate businessman first and foremost and that is a no-no.

no more o.t from me.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Cool Re: Freelance Model Thoughts on Photography

Hi, avergal.

This sounds interesting.
    will like to do some artistic portraits. can pm me.

i dun haf to prove anything to u. hahahahaha goodness gracious me! u're very humorous and i applaud ur little candidness and 'funniness'.

u shud go and read up abt Picasso's life and not make assumptions and twist fact to suit ur little case and ur needs. u're making Picasso sound like a 3rd rate businessman first and foremost and that is a no-no.

no more o.t from me.

really? then why do you have to insult someone for simply not subscribing to your point of view? That 3rd rate business man as you put it died a very rich man. He must have done something right aside from painting hadn't he

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    really? then why do you have to insult someone for simply not subscribing to your point of view? That 3rd rate business man as you put it died a very rich man. He must have done something right aside from painting hadn't he
    apologies if i've hurt ur pride.

dun be upset! everyone makes mistake now and then.

jus brush up on ur art history and soon u can quote other famous artists into ur arguments jus about correctly.

and u can keep ur P.O.V of Picasso as a businessman if it makes u happy.

cheers!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

jus brush up on ur art history and soon u can quote other famous artists into ur arguments jus about correctly.

cheers!
    your apology would carry more weight if there wasn't an ounce of sarcasm behind it. Let's go have some cheesecake together talk about the fineese of cheese

vince123123
    Guests

What's the point of saying he is wrong if you don't say in what way he is wrong? I think he can also assert that you are wrong if substantiating his point of view is not required. It will just degenerate into a "he say you say" discussion.

If you want to show that he is wrong, it would be better to back up your stand with more information rather than a categorical and bare assertion. Anyone can throw categorical bare assertions around.

And by the way, I have no idea what Piccasso or Van Gogh is about, so I will not go into that

cheers!

he's way ahead of his time. as for the marketing side, u will do well to read up on his life history and his artistic direction as well as influence.
    since you know more about this subject than the rest of us (than me at least), why not give us a little summary? you don't *have* to, but just share share a bit lah.

Like what I wrote earlier, I know little about why Picasso became rich while still alive, while others remained poor. I was nonetheless intrigued and tried to do a little search on this. Maybe I was not thorough enough, but I could not find an article which explains Picasso's riches.

I think it would take a very knowledgeable person to explain Picasso's financial successes. This person would have to know Picasso intimately. Would have to know art intimately. And would have to know the times and culture of the period which Picasso was in. And other things of course.

But I think one of the things which I believe is fact is that Picasso broke all rules in art. Picasso was trained in traditional art and painting. He could make a good living by making art which was acceptable to the age he was in. But he did not. I do not think Picasso's aim was to make money. It seems to me that an attitude which Picasso had which led to him leading the cubism movement is hardly that of a person with commercial interest. Picasso was more concern with a new way of seeing. He certainly had an independent mind. Like the other Pablo - Pablo Neruda - he had communist ideology, which got him into quite a bit of trouble. He was being true to himself, both in political inclination, as well as art.

I do not think that his aim was commercial and marketing. But I believe the culture at that time saw in him a vision of new way of seeing. They recognised his greatness. And commercial successes came because of what he was, and produced.

Quote Originally Posted by AverRal View Post
    I am a freelance model and writer, i like coming out with a theme or storyline, getting the right clothes and partnering a like minded freelance photographer for non-commercial shots that have meaning to the photos.

Personally i find that commercial photography has lost its intended purpose - to add a new dimension to the world we live in. There are some pretty good shots that capture that moment of nostalgia but most of them just show a pretty face and nothing more.

I would like to ask - do you feel limited as a commercial photographer? After all, you are fulfilling your client needs and not yours.

At the meantime here are my works

Photos
    Writings

I think you are looking for me....

take a look -> http://raz1n.deviantart.com/gallery
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    since you know more about this subject than the rest of us (than me at least), why not give us a little summary? you don't *have* to, but just share share a bit lah.
    I agree, since you seem to sound so knowledgeable on the matter, would you mind sharing?

eh?
    care to elaborate? My understanding that he was a pretty bloody good marketing person.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Commercial photography are intend to sell something, either a person, product, service, concept, vision or whatever. if it doesn't sell, already consider a failure.

issue? what issue? all I know if you offer pose for FREE, you can get tons of photographers flood you with PMs or emails.
    But free models you also don't want to shoot liao.

You want to be paid to lift up your camera.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i totally agree with you.

no $ how to have passion?
    no $, no camera, passion for photography only happens when you are sleeping.
    Tell us more about how you sleep with passion.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    hello,
    if you want to dream,
    you have to be alive,
    you want to be alive,
    you need to eat.

unless you are a fairy.

if you are a fairy, please make us all become top photographers,
    so we can shoot for you FREE.
    If you are a fairy please turn me into a beautiful blue-eyed Afghan gal.

Trying to make a living with a camera is a hard job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If you are a fairy please turn me into a beautiful blue-eyed Afghan gal.

Trying to make a living with a camera is a hard job.
    Welcome back Sion.
    Come visit my Flickr :)

who cares, i need money, then talk abt dreams.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post

At the end of the day, photographer B will not be shooting for a long time, and may never be able to fulfill the dreams. Starving led to death, kind of hard to shoot when dead.

Personally, I identify with Photographer C. Hence, I have a day job.

Personally, i am quite disagree with this, what make you think the photographer B wont be long or they wont fulfil the dreams?

Not all do thing just for the sake of money or must have a return.

Again, all these are just individual's needs again. There is no right or wrong, it just a matter of where you are standing.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    who cares, i need money, then talk abt dreams.
    There is alot of ways to fulfil your dreams or talk about dreams. Money is not everything but we cant deny that we cant live without it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post

no $ how to have passion?
    no $, no camera, passion for photography only happens when you are sleeping.
    It is not about the money for the passion, if your "passion" can be "measured" by money, then it wont be passion anymore. It sad that people always cant leave that word money in whatever they do......

It never about you can or cannot do it, it a matter of do you want to do it.

That's where your own "belief" and your perseverance will lead you to where you want to go.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast