Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Newbie to DSLR

  1. #1

    Default Newbie to DSLR

    Hi all,

    I'm new to DSLR but currently using KM SLR so wishes to upgrade to DSLR. Should i change to Canon or Nikon or should i continue to use KM cause i have the lens and flash for KM? Can someone advise me? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Newbie to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by winston1978 View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm new to DSLR but currently using KM SLR so wishes to upgrade to DSLR. Should i change to Canon or Nikon or should i continue to use KM cause i have the lens and flash for KM? Can someone advise me? Thanks.
    Hi bro,

    KM has been sold to Sony, so it's not easy to get a brand new KM DSLR now. The good thing is that your existing A Mount lenses are still usable on the new Sony DSLRs.

    I am using a KM DSLR and very happy with it and the new Sony A700 seems to be even better with your KM lenses.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Govt. loves to wear all-white
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: Newbie to DSLR

    haha. mine is very very close to brand new!

    dont believe can meet up and see.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Newbie to DSLR

    i'm a newbie too and wanna look for a DSLR cam..
    i been using digital camera for a long time..

    i did some research and i like Sony Alpha A100..

    can you guys advice me on that?
    and what's the price range??

    thank you.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Newbie to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by coffeemilk View Post
    i'm a newbie too and wanna look for a DSLR cam..
    i been using digital camera for a long time..

    i did some research and i like Sony Alpha A100..

    can you guys advice me on that?
    and what's the price range??

    thank you.
    For brand new ones, you may want to get a quote from MS Color & Cathay Photo to see which offers a better deal.

    If you don't mind 2nd hand ones, there are some guys selling the A100 in the Buy & Sell section. Value for money packages.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  6. #6

    Default Re: Newbie to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by coffeemilk View Post
    i'm a newbie too and wanna look for a DSLR cam..
    i been using digital camera for a long time..

    i did some research and i like Sony Alpha A100..

    can you guys advice me on that?
    and what's the price range??

    thank you.
    Sony has an offer for this.
    http://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/dslr/products_kits02.html
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 2nd November 2007 at 06:04 PM.

  7. #7

    Smile Re: Newbie to DSLR

    Hi all,

    Thanks for the suggestion. I have just bought KM 7D from Lomo. The camera is great for a newbie like me. Now trying to get hold of it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Newbie to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by winston1978 View Post
    Hi all,

    Thanks for the suggestion. I have just bought KM 7D from Lomo. The camera is great for a newbie like me. Now trying to get hold of it.
    Welcome to the A-Mount family bro. The KM7D is a fantastic cam. I'm still learning to use it & trying to brush up my skills.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  9. #9

    Default Re: Newbie to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by coffeemilk View Post
    i'm a newbie too and wanna look for a DSLR cam..
    i been using digital camera for a long time..

    i did some research and i like Sony Alpha A100..

    can you guys advice me on that?
    and what's the price range??

    thank you.
    Hey ya... i m also using a Sony Alpha A100. gt a 2nd hand wan. abt $800... with 18-70mm lens kit.. Quite gd 4 a newbie DSLR cam...

  10. #10
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Newbie to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by makenshishinta View Post
    Hey ya... i m also using a Sony Alpha A100. gt a 2nd hand wan. abt $800... with 18-70mm lens kit.. Quite gd 4 a newbie DSLR cam...
    Welcome to you too bro. A100 is a very nice cam to use. Very good package you got there.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  11. #11

    Red face Re: Newbie to DSLR

    Hi,

    Will try posting some photos which taken during the public holiday. Pls give me advice on whatareas need to improved. Thanks.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Newbie to DSLR

    OK bro, but do post in the C & C section to get more response from the seniors here.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •