Thread: Different colors-advice...

Default Different colors-advice...

When comparing photos in CS2 and windows picture viewer, I realised both offers different blend of colors. The former is slightly reddish while the former is relative dull.

I uploaded the photo online and observed that the windows picture viewer closest resemble the one uploaded.

Are there chance to adjust CS2 colors to correct the color accurency problem?

Default Re: Different colors-advice...

I am also learning about colour management now...but I believe the safest bet is to set your work space in CS2 to sRGB.

In CS2 goto Edit>Colour Setting, then under Working Spaces set RGB to "sRGB IEC61966-2.1".

Reason is Windows and IE assumes sRGB color space, so if the colour space use is not sRGB they will appear differently than when viewed in CS2.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Hmm.. Ok, I have a similar question on colour spaces here.

I saved 1 of my photos in SRGB after PP. Colours looked really nice and saturated. After that, I uploaded the photo to Flickr. After uploading it to Flickr, it somehow looks like how it would have looked like in RGB (I saved 1 RGB copy after that to compare). Colours look dull and uninteresting when compared to the SRGB.

Does Flickr change the colour space automatically or make adjustments to the photo?
    Last edited by SolBadGuy; 2nd November 2007 at 09:48 AM.
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

Yup same case for me too.. colours look dull after i have uploaded them to the net. Any gurus to point us to some good thread or articles which discusses this?

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    I am also learning about colour management now...but I believe the safest bet is to set your work space in CS2 to sRGB.

In CS2 goto Edit>Colour Setting, then under Working Spaces set RGB to "sRGB IEC61966-2.1".

Reason is Windows and IE assumes sRGB color space, so if the colour space use is not sRGB they will appear differently than when viewed in CS2.
    Thanks roygoh.

My setting was as you suggested. Similar to the rest, I faced the same situation when i upload to flickr too.

Any advices?

Flickr's using the web's colour space, its a much smaller place then the SRGB, Adobe, etc. Profiles.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Flickr's using the web's colour space, its a much smaller place then the SRGB, Adobe, etc. Profiles.
    Ohhh, that explains my predicament. Thanks bro! Btw, what host do you normally use? Any suggestions of a host which can display more vibrant colour space like SRGB or ARGB? TIA!
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

I thought web colour space is sRGB... or rather Windows default colour space is sRGB... Microsoft along with their partners did go through alot of effort to get the colour space settled...

I think the problem is more complex than that... see this website:

http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/profile.html

Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    Ohhh, that explains my predicament. Thanks bro! Btw, what host do you normally use? Any suggestions of a host which can display more vibrant colour space like SRGB or ARGB? TIA!
    I host on my own website.
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    I thought web colour space is sRGB... or rather Windows default colour space is sRGB... Microsoft along with their partners did go through alot of effort to get the colour space settled...

I think the problem is more complex than that... see this website:

http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/profile.html
    Emm... Yes. The problem is in fact more complex then that. I am just trying to make a very simple explanation to that. . One of the easy to understand way is to let you go 255*255*255 = 16 Million COlours. Its easily seen that it is not enuff.

Again, my apologies for not taking it to a higher level. Emm... What you send for photo printing can actually have more colours then you see on the screen btw.
    APAD | Blog

Emm... Yes. The problem is in fact more complex then that. I am just trying to make a very simple explanation to that. . One of the easy to understand way is to let you go 255*255*255 = 16 Million COlours. Its easily seen that it is not enuff.

Again, my apologies for not taking it to a higher level. Emm... What you send for photo printing can actually have more colours then you see on the screen btw.
    the site I quoted is quite heavy reading... I wanted to find something more concise at the time but Lost was on so I just put in that site...

actually its 256x256x256=16.7million colours cause 0 is also a value (the values 0-255 means 256 gradations)...

;-p Its still means 16 Million Colours lah. *kick*
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    actually its 256x256x256=16.7million colours cause 0 is also a value (the values 0-255 means 256 gradations)...

(
    Brudder, no need to click and paste the same statement on 2 different posts ba.
    APAD | Blog

sorry... double posted... I plead technical failure

Emm, not double post. Instead, its the same statement on two different post. ;-p
    APAD | Blog

Emm, not double post. Instead, its the same statement on two different post. ;-p
    its cause I tried to stop a message from posting by stopping the browser because I wanted to make further changes (had accidentally clicked "submit reply" instead of "preview")... on the browser it looked like I managed to stop it but turns out it got posted anyway... anyway, my bad