Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: automatic watch winder

Default Re: automatic watch winder

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i'm not saying it's not worth buying.
    but i really have quite a number of automatic watches.it's really insane to get one for each of them.i'm hoping there's one that can accomodate like....10?ok lah...maybe 5.i'll be more than happy.
    Buben & Zorweg produces quite nice watch winders... their "grande pricision" winds up to 48 watches at once, it tells the time too! but if you want only about 5-10 slots, get those watch winder boxes, should fit your requirements well.

Seriously speaking, if you could divulge, what watches are they? Do note that one watch winder, from a "good" brand like the Buben & Zorweg vantage 8 (8 slots) costs around USD 3.7k?

if automatic i think i know what you need. but it looks kinda wierd to have one at home though

erm. one of those flask shakers for cell culture. they gyrate like a belly dancer, to shake flasks. the speed etc can be adjusted.

http://www.leighlabs.com/shakers.htm

25 rpm will be fine to keep your watches going.. can get someone to DIY for you as its not difficult to make one..

just put your watches in their boxes on the shaker, leave it gyrating horizontally should be fine :X
    chezburgr i can haz?

I remember one watch shop at the ground floor of Funan selling pretty cheap and decent watch winder and they have a buy one get 1 free kind of offer the last time. Maybe you can take a look at it. You can also consider those used by watch repair shop that looks like a windmill and normally can accomodate 6-8 watches but uses electricity ones but maybe hard to find one.
    You must be rich to look for winders for automatic watch, most people buy winders for perpetual calendar watch.
    Not sure which one you saw at Hour Glass but for $300 it is cheap considering the brands of winder that Hour Glass normally carry i.e. Orbita etc.
    Buben & Zorweg also produces quite good winders.
    Last edited by Dennis; 1st November 2007 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I remember one watch shop at the ground floor of Funan selling pretty cheap and decent watch winder and they have a buy one get 1 free kind of offer the last time. Maybe you can take a look at it. You can also consider those used by watch repair shop that looks like a windmill and normally can accomodate 6-8 watches but uses electricity ones but maybe hard to find one.
    You must be rich to look for winders for automatic watch, most people buy winders for perpetual calendar watch.
    Not sure which one you saw at Hour Glass but for $300 it is cheap considering the brands of winder that Hour Glass normally carry i.e. Orbita etc.
    Buben & Zorweg also produces quite good winders.
    Agreed!
    TS most probably saw a watch winder case-type or a battery operated? If not quite hard to get such a cheap one, taking into account Hour Glass is a reputable shop =)

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    Agreed!
    TS most probably saw a watch winder case-type or a battery operated? If not quite hard to get such a cheap one, taking into account Hour Glass is a reputable shop =)

it's a case type that you can put batts or connect to ac adapter.

$300 is cheap ah?

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    if automatic i think i know what you need. but it looks kinda wierd to have one at home though

erm. one of those flask shakers for cell culture. they gyrate like a belly dancer, to shake flasks. the speed etc can be adjusted.

http://www.leighlabs.com/shakers.htm

25 rpm will be fine to keep your watches going.. can get someone to DIY for you as its not difficult to make one..

just put your watches in their boxes on the shaker, leave it gyrating horizontally should be fine :X

that's what my friend in life sciences field told me.

you from life science too?

From your description it seems like $300 is cheap especially if it is from a well known brand.
    Even my Buben & Zorweg cost over 1k the last time and that is also considered cheap.
    However that said there are certain science to a watch winder as to the rotation speed, amount of rotation per day, direction of rotation etc etc that makes a winder ticks so be careful what you use to wind your watch just in case it "overwinds" it or over do it.

it's a case type that you can put batts or connect to ac adapter.

$300 is cheap ah?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    From your description it seems like $300 is cheap especially if it is from a well known brand.
    Even my Buben & Zorweg cost over 1k the last time and that is also considered cheap.
    However that said there are certain science to a watch winder as to the rotation speed, amount of rotation per day, direction of rotation etc etc that makes a winder ticks so be careful what you use to wind your watch just in case it "overwinds" it or over do it.
    over1k?

geez guys...thanks ah!recommend me something so ex!
    i mean, if 300 for a winder to me i not so willing to fork out, why recommend me something more than 1k?

thanks for the tip on the watch winding.
    but question...
    if you say things like amount of rotation /day , direction of rotation and such....
    so if i wear the watch, does that mean i have to restrict my hand movements?
    doesnt make sense to me lei...???

btw, is there a horology forum in sgp?

Haha no need la.

For horology forum in S'pore

http://www.thepurists.com/

http://www.horomundi.com/

over1k?

i mean, if 300 for a winder to me i not so willing to fork out, why recommend me something more than 1k?

but question...
    if you say things like amount of rotation /day , direction of rotation and such....

you're asking me to wear more than 5 watches per day?
    wau! so rich ah! 5 watches. i wear for you lor. free-of-charge.
    Games of Thrones.....

that's what my friend in life sciences field told me.

you from life science too?
    yah i am..

i believe it will work very well, you dont need to put on the conical flasks though.. just put on something where your watch can be strapped on securely, put it on low RPM and hide it in a cupboard or something.. simulates the motion of someone wearing instead of having to wind the watches
    chezburgr i can haz?

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    yah i am..

i believe it will work very well, you dont need to put on the conical flasks though.. just put on something where your watch can be strapped on securely, put it on low RPM and hide it in a cupboard or something.. simulates the motion of someone wearing instead of having to wind the watches
    The machine costs as much as a winder.

over1k?

but question...

I feel its considered cheap... Anyway, what are your watches?

problem is, i'm also tired of waiting for battery replacements from agents.

eg, tag heuer takes 2 weeks!(YES 2 WEEKS) to get a batt changed if you send to their agent.
    not to mention it cost about 30-45 for a bloody batt!
    complete rip-off... when in fact its a simple procedure...
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    I feel its considered cheap... Anyway, what are your watches?
    can i not disclose please?

$300 winder is a very cheap one. I dont think it's easy to find anything cheaper than that.

Sometimes you can get them here

www.paneristi.com
    www.viapaneristi.com
    www.timezone.com

These are the watches my buddy and I own (mine are lower end). Both dont have any winders. Just watch casings/boxes.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/97881346@N00/G06PdM

If you like your watches, you will enjoy winding them no matter how many.
    Last edited by cwtan12; 2nd November 2007 at 01:19 PM.

what's that??????
    sorry, it's called a wave lamp or wave machine...

attach watches and the thing rocks left to right, keeps watches wound. cool, yes?
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Quote Originally Posted by cwtan12 View Post
    $300 winder is a very cheap one. I dont think it's easy to find anything cheaper than that.

Sometimes you can get them here

www.paneristi.com
    www.viapaneristi.com
    www.timezone.com

These are the watches my buddy and I own (mine are lower end). Both dont have any winders. Just watch casings/boxes.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/97881346@N00/G06PdM

If you like your watches, you will enjoy winding them no matter how many.

that's one helluva collection you've got!

Quote Originally Posted by patch17 View Post
    sorry, it's called a wave lamp or wave machine...

attach watches and the thing rocks left to right, keeps watches wound. cool, yes?
    looks obscene.

looks obscene.
    comes in different colours too!
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast